Author Topic: If Rondo Plays, How Effective is He?  (Read 4354 times)

If Rondo Plays, How Effective is He?
« on: April 24, 2017, 03:44:05 PM »

Offline mysteryMrE

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 14
"Rondo isn't wearing cast on right hand, just a wrap. Will get Hoiberg update soon."- @KCJHoop

I figured from the start we would see Rondo again sooner than later. The question is, how effective will he be? Will he be enough to tilt the series back in Chicago's direction?

Update: Hoiberg says Rondo is still out for game 5. Isaiah Canaan will start on Wednesday.

Re: If Rondo Plays, How Effective is He?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2017, 04:10:50 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
My guess is he will play game 6. We need to put Kelly on him to make sure he goes down again. ;D ;D ;D

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2017, 04:14:14 PM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green
Hopefully KG gives him a call and asks him to sit out for game 6 too ;D

Rondo has been an important player for the Bulls so far and I'd rather not see him play in game 6 or 7, because I'm pretty much convinced that he won't do worse than MCW, Grant or Payne even though he's injured.
Jack of all trades, master of none.

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2017, 04:20:08 PM »

Offline mysteryMrE

• Oshae Brissett
Hopefully KG gives him a call and asks him to sit out for game 6 too ;D

Rondo has been an important player for the Bulls so far and I'd rather not see him play in game 6 or 7, because I'm pretty much convinced that he won't do worse than MCW, Grant or Payne even though he's injured.

Kind of what I was thinking. We all have seen his toughness first hand, and with the level of play the bulls have gotten out of his replacements (aside from Canaan), there is nowhere to go but up.

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2017, 04:31:01 PM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
Rondo can't play and if he does try to play I would run him off so many pick and rolls, screens it would be too painful to play. Then on offense I would definitely make him shoot since the break is on his shooting hand.

He may try to play but I don't think he would be effective.

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2017, 04:38:11 PM »

Offline Darío SpanishFan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
It's impossible to predict, but we can guess he can't have strong, direct contact with the ball. It's a very big IF, I honestly don't think he can play through a fracture. That's much more than that dislocated shoulder with us years ago.

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2017, 11:37:36 AM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
How would Rondo defend Rondo on offense...he'd take a swipe at the thumb, and say it was unintentional.

Just as he tried to trip Crowder.

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2017, 11:46:08 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
he's supposed to be out for game 5.  if the bulls win that, I think it's safe to say they sit Rondo for game 6 to give the hand more time to heal if a game 7 is needed.  if the C's win game 5, they'll probably push for Rondo to provide some limited minutes if at all possible. 

would do as someone above suggested -- back off him and make him shoot.  off course the problem with that is if IT is guarding him, he'll just have more room to make passes to cutters and open teammates like he did in the first 2 games.

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2017, 12:14:58 PM »

Offline celtics2030

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 72
Rondo is shooting jumpers with his right hand this morning

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2017, 12:25:12 PM »

Offline mysteryMrE

• Oshae Brissett
he's supposed to be out for game 5.  if the bulls win that, I think it's safe to say they sit Rondo for game 6 to give the hand more time to heal if a game 7 is needed.  if the C's win game 5, they'll probably push for Rondo to provide some limited minutes if at all possible. 

would do as someone above suggested -- back off him and make him shoot.  off course the problem with that is if IT is guarding him, he'll just have more room to make passes to cutters and open teammates like he did in the first 2 games.

The "back off and make him shoot" strategy for Rondo has backfired for most in the past, as it opens up passing lanes and lets him pick defenses apart. Honestly, not sure what would be best for defending him if/when he comes back.

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2017, 12:26:52 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

The "back off and make him shoot" strategy for Rondo has backfired for most in the past, as it opens up passing lanes and lets him pick defenses apart. Honestly, not sure what would be best for defending him if/when he comes back.
not sure if your intent was to re-inforce my point to just overlooked it

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2017, 12:34:41 PM »

Offline mysteryMrE

• Oshae Brissett

Re-inforce, not only the way we have struggled with him, but teams throughout his career.

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2017, 12:49:27 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
demand a league drug test before game
just to get back at hoiberg

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2017, 12:55:07 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Re-inforce, not only the way we have struggled with him, but teams throughout his career.
TP for the clarification

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2017, 12:55:49 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
demand a league drug test before game
just to get back at hoiberg
only if we get to the ECF and need to look for PEDs ;)