Poll

If we do advance to round two, would you rather have Washington or Atlanta?

Washington
36 (59%)
Atlanta
25 (41%)

Total Members Voted: 60

Author Topic: If we do advance to round two, would you rather have Washington or Atlanta?  (Read 4366 times)

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
If we do play Atlanta, we need to start JJ. That 1/5 PnR will work just as well against Howard out on the perimeter as Lopez. But we'll need JJ's size to guard Millsap.

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
MUCH rather play Washington.  Atlanta is deep, one of the few teams the Celtics have trouble wearing down (which is how the Celtics get a lot wins...wearing out the opponent).  Wall will get his, Beal will get his, but they'll have to play big minutes and in the fourth quarters they'll be tired.  No such fatigue advantage against Atlanta. 

Offline CelticsBR

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 35
Washington, please!

Otherwise we would have to see Howard playing the conference finals

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Wall and Beal will be guarded tightly by smart and Bradley, and that puts Washington at a disadvantage

Offline the TRUTH

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 77
I'd take Washington for two reasons.

1) As others have said, I think it's a SLIGHTLY easier matchup for us.

2) If the Hawks beat us, they'll get destroyed by the Cavs. If the Wizards beat us, they'd have a fighting chance against the Cavs. If we don't win the East, my next priority as a fan is that the Cavs don't win it either.

Offline the TRUTH

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 77
I'd take Washington for two reasons.

1) As others have said, I think it's a SLIGHTLY easier matchup for us.

2) If the Hawks beat us, they'll get destroyed by the Cavs. If the Wizards beat us, they'd have a fighting chance against the Cavs. If we don't win the East, my next priority as a fan is that the Cavs don't win it either.

Another reason I forgot to mention in the first post is that if we play Washington, I think the vast majority of the national media will pick the Wizards in 5 or 6 games. If we play Atlanta, more people will give us a chance. I think our team plays better when people doubt them.

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
I voted Atlanta.

The most important match up question is always going to be "Who is IT going to guard?" Against Washington, IT can't guard either Wall or Beal so if the C's don't want to get absolutely torched you have to put IT on Porter which makes me nervous.

Against Atlanta, IT can hide on Tim Hardaway Jr. and I don't think Dennis Schroder is all that physical of a guard so IT can probably be ok against him.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
^We have bradley and smart to sick on wall and beal.  There might be mismatches with IT but you gotta live with it