Poll

If we do advance to round two, would you rather have Washington or Atlanta?

Washington
36 (59%)
Atlanta
25 (41%)

Total Members Voted: 60

Author Topic: If we do advance to round two, would you rather have Washington or Atlanta?  (Read 4367 times)

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
Atlanta is a deeper team and they present some major matchup issues for the Celts, but the Celts would have the best player in that series, which is always preferable.

With our present makeup most teams, present matchup issues for us, PhoSita.

Ainge needs to get another legit big in the offseason.
this is a dominant narrative about the celtics - the need of a "big". but i am not so sure. i think the bigger need is a consistent scorer to compliment IT. look at the last game. when green was hot and provided additional outside shooting, boston ran roughshod over chicago.

i hope bradley can regain his shooting, or, that green stays hot for the rest of the playoffs.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

Offline Alleyoopster

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 150
I voted for Atlanta, but Washington almost always comes down with crucial injuries. So, they might be the better choice. Still can't believe Beal has stayed healthy this long.

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
I think Washington is more talented and better, but the Cs matchup better with them so I would rather play them.

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
Atlanta is a deeper team and they present some major matchup issues for the Celts, but the Celts would have the best player in that series, which is always preferable.

this is a dominant narrative about the celtics - the need of a "big". but i am not so sure. i think the bigger need is a consistent scorer to compliment IT. look at the last game. when green was hot and provided additional outside shooting, boston ran roughshod over chicago.

i hope bradley can regain his shooting, or, that green stays hot for the rest of the playoffs.
The Bulls frontcourt is nothing special and will probably be the least dangerous we will see in the playoffs. But they are clowning us.
We desperately need both: another player that can create their own offense/score AND a legit sized CENTER(preferably with a minimum 7'3'' wingspan and 9'2'' standing reach)

But as far as ROI(Return on Investment), before the trade deadline, we would have been better off renting a Center(contract up at end of season) or trading for a Center on a rookie contract. Horford is our most effective big in the playoffs and he only has a 7' wingspan and 8'11'' standing reach. He would be fine as a 4 but when he plays the 5 and we are already giving up a ton of length in the back-court, well we get clowned. Our all around lack of length and size allows the Bulls' back-court to jump in the unclogged paint and get tip ins/rebounds/2nd chance points. While the Bulls' front-court outrebounds us with their size/length.

Offline GC003332

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 62
If the Celtics's advance I would prefer that they face Washington, Should be a fast placed series, they have their defensive issues and I believe that we should be able to score consistently enough over a 7 game series that we will be able to figure out a way to get just enough stops at the defensive end.
Could be a very entertaining series.

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

The Bulls frontcourt is nothing special and will probably be the least dangerous we will see in the playoffs. But they are clowning us.
We desperately need both: another player that can create their own offense/score AND a legit sized CENTER(preferably with a minimum 7'3'' wingspan and 9'2'' standing reach)

But as far as ROI(Return on Investment), before the trade deadline, we would have been better off renting a Center(contract up at end of season) or trading for a Center on a rookie contract. Horford is our most effective big in the playoffs and he only has a 7' wingspan and 8'11'' standing reach. He would be fine as a 4 but when he plays the 5 and we are already giving up a ton of length in the back-court, well we get clowned. Our all around lack of length and size allows the Bulls' back-court to jump in the unclogged paint and get tip ins/rebounds/2nd chance points. While the Bulls' front-court outrebounds us with their size/length.
Just start Green or Crowder at the 4 so that they stretch the bigs out, we got 40 rebounds compated to the Bulls'43 last game
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
I truthfully think Washington. Either team will be tough, but we just don't seem to match up well against Atlanta for some reason.

Look at us against the likes of Robin Lopez.

Now imagine us against the likes of Howard (if he goes rogue), and Paul Millsap. Good grief..
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
We dont have anyone to guard millsap and Howard will feast on the boards. Give me the Wizards. Our team matches up better against them. Gortat is slower and not the rebounder Lopez is. We also have great defensive guards to slow Wall and beal.

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
Pick your poison?  I'd rather face Atlanta; I want no part of defending that Wizards backcourt in the playoffs.  Besides, Dennis Schröder can be goaded into doing something really stupid, and more than once. 

First, however, we need to slip past the Bulls, and they won't lie down for us. 

Offline celtics2030

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 72
Washington has a sick offense.

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
I think best case scenario is we take this series in 6, and WAS-ATL goes 7.

I'd still prefer Washington.

Match up better and better "bigs matchups" IMO. Howard/Millsap will just crush us...
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
ATL has a huge big man advantage on us, we have better guards, wings, coach and bench.

Washington has a decent guard advantage on us and a big man advantage.  We have a better SF and bench.

So I think ATL is my preference.

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 533
Keeping in mind the performance of our bigs vs Chicago, I'll pick Washington.  A motivated Howard and Millsap is probably asking too much of our cream-puff brigade up front.  But either way it's a 6 or 7 game series.

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Keeping in mind the performance of our bigs vs Chicago, I'll pick Washington.  A motivated Howard and Millsap is probably asking too much of our cream-puff brigade up front.  But either way it's a 6 or 7 game series.

Agree ,   We match up better with Washington .   We don't have the strength or skill to deal with Hawks bigs .

Offline fantankerous

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122
Id rather game plan for Dwight Howard than John Wall.