Author Topic: First Jonas now Gerald they both point to a need  (Read 1332 times)

First Jonas now Gerald they both point to a need
« on: April 24, 2017, 11:47:00 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
Last year it was Jonas stepping into a bigger role in the playoffs and this year it is Gerald. Both stepped in to play the stretch 4 when the Cs had their backs against a wall.

To me this just screams that DA must find a real starting caliber stretch 4 to add to BS's rotation. Currently JJ is the only true stretch 4 4/3 type on this roster. Jae, Gerald and Jaylen have all played a small ball 4 role at different parts of this season. Adding a legit 4/3 in the offseason should be a top priority if this team is brought back with its current core.

Melo in a trade could be a possibility (I have mentioned before an AB for Melo trade idea)

Ilyasova could be an option on a short term deal

Gallinari is a scary guy to give big $ to (injuries) but would be a nice fit
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

Re: First Jonas now Gerald they both point to a need
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2017, 12:16:26 PM »

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
Isn't this where Jackson &/or Tatum come in?

GG can keep the seat warm for a year or two and then hand over the reigns.

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2017, 12:37:31 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
I'm with you here on this general need.  Is Paul Millsap a guy we want to consider?  Or can we get another wing and move Crowder there?

I don't love Melo's style of play, but I think his ability to defend today's "PF" position, rebound, stretch the floor, and score the ball makes him a really good fit here on paper.  If the Celtics management thinks he can play a high level of defense when it matters in the playoffs, then I'm very on board even if he slacks during the reg season.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2017, 10:26:19 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
Isn't this where Jackson &/or Tatum come in?

GG can keep the seat warm for a year or two and then hand over the reigns.

Tatum yes Jackson No

Jackson doesn't seem to have the size or consistent shot to be a true stretch 4 and as a small ball 4 he lacks length and strength. I can see Jackson as a more explosive maybe not as solid shooting version of Batum. On defense he has all nba type potential on the wing.

Tatum    unlike Jackson he looks to have a body that will put on serious weight. He was listed at 205 but with his very wide shoulders I expect he will ultimately play in the NBA at 230+lbs. I think Tobias Harris is a good comp for the type of play Tatum will be (all be it with a higher ceiling). His issues come on the defensive end he will need to commit himself to playing solid defense and if he does he could be the surprise stud of the class.   
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet