Author Topic: Jimmy Butler on Marcus Smart  (Read 8965 times)

Re: Jimmy Butler on Marcus Smart
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2017, 01:05:19 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
Marcus Smart is pretty much the only enforcer on this team. Crowder maybe? I hope Smart locks Butler down next game!

I agree on Smart but disagree on Crowder. I mean he has the look (like Butler) but doesn't have the balls.

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2017, 01:23:30 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
Marcus Smart is pretty much the only enforcer on this team. Crowder maybe? I hope Smart locks Butler down next game!

I agree on Smart but disagree on Crowder. I mean he has the look (like Butler) but doesn't have the balls.

TP for both, i was literally having this exact conversation with a friend the other day, and I said...wow we haven't really had a real enforcer on this team since...Kendrick Perkins? the dude is not afraid to do the dirty work

« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2017, 01:28:37 PM »

Offline ForearmKiki

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 2
When is Zeller going to start trash talking with Lopez?

« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2017, 01:42:31 PM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
When is Zeller going to start trash talking with Lopez?
As soon as Lopez ties Zeller's sneakers for him and gets a T for delay of game.

« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2017, 02:54:16 PM »

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 129
Psychological warfare. He needs to get inside our guards heads some how and he knows Smart can get emotional.
 Our coaches/team mates will communicate this to him (although he already knows this is straight psychological/baiting trash talk and Marcus won't buy anything to it.

Smart and Bradley have been doing an awesome job on him in the last 2 games. Only way he's scoring is getting to the line or in switches vs IT.

Jimmy Butler is pretty tough, but when it comes down to it, these guys know that Smart is from the deep hood and he has been through 'that life' more most of his life. It's where he gets his toughness and credibility from.

Jimmy Butler ain't about that life.

Butler was homeless as a kid. Just thought you people should know this. They're both tough. Butler went about it the wrong way because it doesn't matter if someone has had a rough upbringing. This is basketball and what happens in the hood isn't right, or something to be proud of. Instead it should be frowned upon so kids like Marcus Smart can make it through and be a success.

That said, Smart got the ball stolen from him and was acting like a baby. Butler didn't foul him imo. I was disappointed in Smart personally. He's a flopper, which sucks, and he acted like a baby in that moment. Like somebody nabbed his candy and he thought it was unfair. What a joke.

« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2017, 03:30:58 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Great article Your first TP buddy.

At 12 years old he used to throw rocks at people, until one day he threw them at a gang member and he almost got shot that day. He fired four shots at him.

« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2017, 03:53:23 PM »

Offline cousytoheinsohn

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 33
"He's a good actor... He's not really about that life," said Butler after the game. 

*For the record: Jimmy Butler stars in Mountain Dew ads where he squints like a tough guy in a convenience store. He acts in the 'argyle sock monkey' nba commercial. He also loves singing Taylor Swift. And while his childhood seems very tough, by the end of high school he was in a fortunate situation akin to Michael Oher's...

Smart went from 'dead or in jail' to Oklahoma State's selfless general
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaab/big12/2013/01/22/mens-college-basketball-oklahoma-state-marcus-smart-profile/1850729/

Thanks for sharing this. Truly powerful stuff. Makes me like the kid even more. Rare bird.

« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2017, 04:14:43 PM »

Offline cousytoheinsohn

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 33
Psychological warfare. He needs to get inside our guards heads some how and he knows Smart can get emotional.
 Our coaches/team mates will communicate this to him (although he already knows this is straight psychological/baiting trash talk and Marcus won't buy anything to it.

Smart and Bradley have been doing an awesome job on him in the last 2 games. Only way he's scoring is getting to the line or in switches vs IT.

Jimmy Butler is pretty tough, but when it comes down to it, these guys know that Smart is from the deep hood and he has been through 'that life' more most of his life. It's where he gets his toughness and credibility from.

Butler was homeless as a kid. Just thought you people should know this. They're both tough. Butler went about it the wrong way because it doesn't matter if someone has had a rough upbringing. This is basketball and what happens in the hood isn't right, or something to be proud of. Instead it should be frowned upon so kids like Marcus Smart can make it through and be a success.

That said, Smart got the ball stolen from him and was acting like a baby. Butler didn't foul him imo. I was disappointed in Smart personally. He's a flopper, which sucks, and he acted like a baby in that moment. Like somebody nabbed his candy and he thought it was unfair. What a joke.

Marcus and Jimmy are those two guys who are so much alike they'll never get along. You've gotta love them both for the spirit and fight they bring every night.

Somebody oughtta tell Jimmy, though, that he could be making things tougher for himself by talking this way. Marcus certainly won't be going away but neither will Jimmy. It's gonna be great theater watching them go at it the rest of the way.

« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2017, 04:17:13 PM »

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney

Marcus and Jimmy are those two guys who are so much alike they'll never get along. You've gotta love them both for the spirit and fight they bring every night.

Somebody oughtta tell Jimmy, though, that he could be making things tougher for himself by talking this way. Marcus certainly won't be going away but neither will Jimmy. It's gonna be great theater watching them go at it the rest of the way.

I can't wait either. I think Butler was frustrated because Smart played great D on him in the 4th.

« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2017, 04:45:21 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Butler can talk all he wants, he was moving back and had no one holding him back.   I think he is posturizing but he was afraid of Smart and his actions reflect that. 

That said, Smart got the ball stolen from him and was acting like a baby. Butler didn't foul him imo.

He absolutely fouled him in not allowing him to move forward and turned him so Canaan ( who reminds of Dellavedova who played the Cavs) could steal the ball.   Canaan is a dirty player and was getting away with murder and almost getting star level no calls.   The NBA likes to promote a scrub every series I guess to make a story.

Babies rarely give someone a forearm to the chest.   Marcus did it right to his face.   Maybe he should not have but talk aside you can bet Butler did not want a piece of him.  The moving backwards told you all you need to know.

Since when is being homeless a measure of toughness?   Dumpster diving makes a man, eh?   Most of these guys are posers who can't throw a punch, they are basketball players not tough guys.   There have been some legit tough guys in the NBA but not the majority.

« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2017, 04:58:00 PM »

Offline wayupnorth

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 141

Your irrational Smart hate is just painful.

We get it dude, you think Smart sucks.

The only joke he is you.

Smart is an excellent player and was the best choice we could have made in that draft.

He is one of the most heady young players in the league, and already an all nba defensive level player.

Butler is a punk who can't do anything against Smart except get terrible foul calls.

Smart is an excellent ball player.

« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2017, 05:21:52 PM »

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney

The only joke he is you.

Smart is an excellent player and was the best choice we could have made in that draft.

He is one of the most heady young players in the league, and already an all nba defensive level player.

Butler is a punk who can't do anything against Smart except get terrible foul calls.

Lol okay...I thought I was pretty fair on my assessment on both players by saying they were both in the wrong. I don't hate Smart. I love him. He's my second favorite Celtic. However Saric is better, so is Lavine. Randle is as well imo. Keep stewing though dude, it's a good look on you.

« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2017, 05:23:41 PM »

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney
Butler can talk all he wants, he was moving back and had no one holding him back.   I think he is posturizing but he was afraid of Smart and his actions reflect that. 

That said, Smart got the ball stolen from him and was acting like a baby. Butler didn't foul him imo.

He absolutely fouled him in not allowing him to move forward and turned him so Canaan ( who reminds of Dellavedova who played the Cavs) could steal the ball.   Canaan is a dirty player and was getting away with murder and almost getting star level no calls.   The NBA likes to promote a scrub every series I guess to make a story.

Babies rarely give someone a forearm to the chest.   Marcus did it right to his face.   Maybe he should not have but talk aside you can bet Butler did not want a piece of him.  The moving backwards told you all you need to know.

Since when is being homeless a measure of toughness?   Dumpster diving makes a man, eh?   Most of these guys are posers who can't throw a punch, they are basketball players not tough guys.   There have been some legit tough guys in the NBA but not the majority.

I'm just saying they both grew up in a rough neighborhood. Butler didn't have a house for god sakes. The dude is pretty tough. Why are you hating on Butler anyway? I'm sure you didn't feel this way at the deadline, haha. Man, relax. It's all good. These guys are just playing mind games with each other. Enjoy the series.

« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2017, 05:56:04 PM »

Offline wayupnorth

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 141

The only joke he is you.

Lol okay...I thought I was pretty fair on my assessment on both players by saying they were both in the wrong. I don't hate Smart. I love him. He's my second favorite Celtic. However Saric is better, so is Lavine. Randle is as well imo. Keep stewing though dude, it's a good look on you.

lol...If you think Lavine is better than Smart, you must not watch much T wolves ball...He, just like Randle, is absolutely clueless out there, and would be a huge liability in the playoffs.

Lavine and Randle over Smart....that is pretty funny.

« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2017, 06:17:22 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I'm just saying they both grew up in a rough neighborhood. Butler didn't have a house for god sakes. The dude is pretty tough. Why are you hating on Butler anyway? I'm sure you didn't feel this way at the deadline, haha. Man, relax. It's all good. These guys are just playing mind games with each other. Enjoy the series.

Watch the video of the scuffle and tell me he was not staying away.  I was never a big fan of Butler.  From what I saw, Butler did most of his playing mind games when it was safe to do so , in the presser.