Author Topic: Would you trade Crowder for Chriss  (Read 2340 times)

Would you trade Crowder for Chriss
« on: April 24, 2017, 01:57:10 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

If we signed Hayward. Crowder for Chris's straight up.

Chriss is a guy that has light-years to go, but he could be special. He's Jaylen Brown but he's 6'10".

We still need a veteran big, but Horford and Chriss with Yabu and Zizic we would actually be big, explosive and athletic up front.

Re: Would you trade Crowder for Chriss
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2017, 02:04:48 AM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth

Chriss is a guy that has light-years to go, but he could be special. He's Jaylen Brown but he's 6'10".

We still need a veteran big, but Horford and Chriss with Yabu and Zizic we would actually be big, explosive and athletic up front.

Crowder is the odd man out for me, but no way PHX gives up 5/6 pick for Crowder. He has really disappointed me in these playoffs so far, and his trade value has dropped as well. Hope Danny can ship him and get quality in return.
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2017, 02:11:50 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

Crowder is the odd man out for me, but no way PHX gives up 5/6 pick for Crowder. He has really disappointed me in these playoffs so far, and his trade value has dropped as well. Hope Danny can ship him and get quality in return.

I'd throw in Avery Bradley if we are drafting a Guard.

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2017, 03:34:52 AM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth

Ab + Crowder, gets zou much more than a prospect in return, like Drummond or something...
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2017, 04:01:45 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

We don't want Drummond especially for the money.

A core Of Horford, Chriss, Yabu, Zizic, we would actually have athletes up front. Throw in Taj Gibson to the mix and I'll take it.

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2017, 05:06:45 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Yes. 

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2017, 05:39:16 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

Chriss was the eighth pick, and it actually makes sense for them because they can pair Crowder with the SF they draft this year to teach him. Also, Phoenix will still have Bender (think he'll be a good player some day) and Len (pretty good center imo). Crowder for a high potential guy like Chriss is quite fair especially when you factor in that contract
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2017, 07:35:01 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Seems pretty fair from both sides (if we are able to snag Hayward). Same number of years left on contract, too, so Crowder's super value deal isn't wasted.

I should reiterate that I think Crowder is the better player and leader right now, I would rather deal Bradley who only has one more year left.

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2017, 07:51:52 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.

Ab + Crowder, gets zou much more than a prospect in return, like Drummond or something...

That's an overpayment for Drummond IMO.
At this point, I'd say Chriss might have more trade value than Drummond.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2017, 07:54:16 AM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
Chriss is a great athlete but the knock is from the neck up...BBIQ and motor are lacking.

Would Phoenix do it?

I don't think so, considering he's still on a rookie contract.

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2017, 08:22:54 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I don't think the money works, but heck yes

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2017, 08:42:33 AM »

Offline fubar089

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 11
Both Crowder and Bradley need to go.

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2017, 09:09:19 AM »

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 129
I wouldn't do this trade. Chriss is not Jaylen Brown. Jaylen Brown has much more defensive awareness then Chriss. Chriss would probably never leave the bench if he was on this team. He's too unaware to get minutes from Stevens. Besides that, Jaylen is just a better offensive player. All Chriss can do at this point is dunk. He reminds me of Tyrus Thomas. No thanks.

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2017, 03:12:25 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
I don't think the money works, but heck yes

The money does actually work. Straight up.

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2017, 03:31:02 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
No, Chriss is too much of a project. Very low floor.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain