Author Topic: So we're back to liking Stevens, right?  (Read 7095 times)

Re: So we're back to liking Stevens, right?
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2017, 09:51:17 AM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567
Putting Green into the starting lineup has been a brilliant move that few others would have considered.  So why was there so little effort made to utilize him in the regular season? 

Matchups didn't dictate the need. That's the difference between one game out of 82 and a seven game series.
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2017, 09:55:44 AM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Are we all forgetting the bulls starting pg is out?

« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2017, 10:18:38 AM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
And we just lost our MVP candidate star pg's family,along with our team's soul just before the playoffs start
Bulls got lucky here or it will be 3:1 now, with or without Rondo

« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2017, 10:23:14 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Last year when we lost to the Hawks 4-2 because Bradley and Olynyk went down, I was repeatedly told it didn't matter and to not make excuses.  So now if we win because of an injury Chicago suffers, it still doesn't count?

I'm sorry, but no.

« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2017, 10:28:35 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
I'm back to not being actively mad at him.  He's made some really good adjustments though of course no competent PG is a big help as well. I wish some of those adjustments had played out before the Game 2 implosion.

If we win the series I'll be back to liking him again, but we're still in a position where we could easily get knocked out this round. That'd be a disaster for everyone, players, coaches and management, regardless of the last two games.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 10:37:34 AM by fairweatherfan »

« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2017, 10:36:08 AM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald

Last year when we lost to the Hawks 4-2 because Bradley and Olynyk went down, I was repeatedly told it didn't matter and to not make excuses.  So now if we win because of an injury Chicago suffers, it still doesn't count?

I'm sorry, but no.

It's a factor that can't be denied unless you're a blind fan.

« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2017, 10:41:50 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

I'm sorry, but no.

It's been ignored the last 12 months in regards to last year's Atlanta series.  And citing only to Rondo's injury completely ignores the myriad of lineup and rotation changes that the coach has made in the last two games.  I question who's blind...

« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2017, 10:42:17 AM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
I'm not keeping track but I hope the people who are saying the Celtics are only winning because of the loss of Rondo are not the same people who think Jimmy Butler is worth a superstar trade package. If Rondo really is the difference between games 1 & 2 and 3 & 4, then he's the real MVP of that team because the difference is incredible.

The fact is, the Celtics were always going to play better and the Bulls role players were not going to continue to play out of their minds. The Celtics were always going to win a couple of games in this series at the very least. Just that after going down 0-2 it didn't feel like this was true.

Every year there are playoff series that change dramatically from beginning to end. That's why they play a series.

« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2017, 11:09:24 AM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald

I'm sorry, but no.

It's been ignored the last 12 months in regards to last year's Atlanta series.  And citing only to Rondo's injury completely ignores the myriad of lineup and rotation changes that the coach has made in the last two games.  I question who's blind...

Completely irrelevant to the point that rondo being out is a factor.  Yes Brad made adjustments but that's not the only reason we are winning.

« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2017, 11:14:00 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
I never stopped liking him. Never had a reason to not like him.

Perhaps if he fails in the playoffs with a better roster I would start to doubt him.

« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2017, 11:28:46 AM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1672

I'm sorry, but no.

Good post.

« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2017, 11:37:29 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
I'm not keeping track but I hope the people who are saying the Celtics are only winning because of the loss of Rondo are not the same people who think Jimmy Butler is worth a superstar trade package. If Rondo really is the difference between games 1 & 2 and 3 & 4, then he's the real MVP of that team because the difference is incredible.

The fact is, the Celtics were always going to play better and the Bulls role players were not going to continue to play out of their minds. The Celtics were always going to win a couple of games in this series at the very least. Just that after going down 0-2 it didn't feel like this was true.

Every year there are playoff series that change dramatically from beginning to end. That's why they play a series.

Well said.
TP
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2017, 11:40:20 AM »

Offline CoachBS#1

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 31
Hahahaha!!! suddenly Rondo is the best PG in the NBA, Stevens made the adjustment and the celtics played better, they would have won those 2 games with or without Rondo playing

« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2017, 11:48:47 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Hahahaha!!! suddenly Rondo is the best PG in the NBA, Stevens made the adjustment and the celtics played better, they would have won those 2 games with or without Rondo playing
That's the problem. Rondo is decidedly not the best PG in the NBA, and Brad Stevens' team was somehow still getting their behind handed to them on a platter for two games. And since you can't evaluate the "adjustment" independently from Rondo's injury, there's no telling whether we would have won these games with Rondo playing.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2017, 12:04:57 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 915
1.  Enough with this "bad matchup" business.

Mike

TP, and I'll give you the rare "double TP" in an hour if I remember. I'm so sick of hearing about "bad matchups." In the past month or two, virtually every playoff team in the east has been described as one.

They can't possibly all be bad matchups. Yes, we weren't exactly a superteam, but we did pull off the 1-seed. Whether we deserved it or not, you don't stand at the top of the conference if you can't beat a bad matchup team occasionally.

Mike