Author Topic: Scoring 50 pts in an NBA game must be phenomenal  (Read 878 times)

Scoring 50 pts in an NBA game must be phenomenal
« on: April 23, 2017, 02:52:38 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
because I watched part of Kawahi Leonard's game yesterday, and it is amazing that he only scored 43. It looks like he scored about 100 points.

Scoring 50 or more in a competitive game within the flow of the game, and not when everyone is feeding you to achieve some monumental feat, must be incredible.

So when you think of MJ's 63 against the Celtics in a playoff game it is more incredible than say a Kobe 81 in a regular season game, where after a while it just became about feeding him the rock to get there, or even the recent 50 point scored against Boston where the other team was taking timeouts in a blowout just to get their guy to 50.

Re: Scoring 50 pts in an NBA game must be phenomenal
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2017, 03:40:30 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
because I watched part of Kawahi Leonard's game yesterday, and it is amazing that he only scored 43. It looks like he scored about 100 points.

Scoring 50 or more in a competitive game within the flow of the game, and not when everyone is feeding you to achieve some monumental feat, must be incredible.

So when you think of MJ's 63 against the Celtics in a playoff game it is more incredible than say a Kobe 81 in a regular season game, where after a while it just became about feeding him the rock to get there, or even the recent 50 point scored against Boston where the other team was taking timeouts in a blowout just to get their guy to 50.

That wasn't a 50 point game, it was a 70 point game.

For a ~50 point game, look at IT's 52 pt game on December 30th
I'm bitter.

Re: Scoring 50 pts in an NBA game must be phenomenal
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2017, 04:04:00 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

That wasn't a 50 point game, it was a 70 point game.

For a ~50 point game, look at IT's 52 pt game on December 30th

ooops, but same sentiment.