Author Topic: green the stilletto  (Read 4352 times)

green the stilletto
« on: April 23, 2017, 04:26:06 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
not a all purpose knife,a specific offensive weapon a quick flick thrust well timed with implied deception ,an assassins knife
recently, i had to defend my position on green formed wnen we picked up his vet minimum
to re quote brad stevens" i fear him" isaiah" he can shoot"-he must have thrown the chicago defensive plan haywire, along with loss of rondo
all season brad said green would be important in playoffs
he hasn't even had one of those shooting streaks he is capable of
 but his energy level  from the tap is fuel for the rest of starters and
 isaiahs confidence  in greens style of play and it must be helping him rekindle the fun
the drive and finger roll looked so easy, then the corner three and now you got them thinking
green did his job
he stayed involved all season,did not get in the way of jaylens growth
 he was the type of teammate  off the court and in practice that kept things loose
 and he ain't no" snitch" as he repeated several times when queried on rondos trip
an inner city comment that sort of reflects his playground style that is compatible with isaiah
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 05:37:01 AM by rollie mass »

Re: green the stilletto
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2017, 05:16:01 AM »

Offline JaylenBrown7

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 21
english

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2017, 06:13:46 AM »

Offline Billz401

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 101
  • B's Up
everyone got so sensitive after 9-11... thanks alot bin laden

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2017, 06:41:11 AM »

Online Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
he must have thrown the chicago defensive plan haywire, along with loss of rondo
Indeed.  While there is little they can do about the loss of Rondo, Hoiberg can try to adjust to Brad's small ball lineup.  That' what to look for in game 4.

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2017, 07:37:16 AM »

Offline Hank Finkel

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 41
he must have thrown the chicago defensive plan haywire, along with loss of rondo
Indeed.  While there is little they can do about the loss of Rondo, Hoiberg can try to adjust to Brad's small ball lineup.  That' what to look for in game 4.
Every good series comes with adjustments each game. It's too bad a 1 seed vs 8 seed is a tight series. It should be a blowout. But that being said the Bulls will have a better defensive plan this game but I am hoping the loss of Rhondo is still to much to overcome. Go Celtics.

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2017, 07:45:48 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Rollie, Green sucks. Just accept it.

Can you also find the quote you constantly mention that Stevens fears Green? Because I have no clue why anyone would to be honest. Unless the criteria is a low iq player, who take horrible shots, and routinely get torched defensively.

Stiletto? More like a rusty cracked spork that's missing a couple of its tines.

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2017, 08:07:05 AM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
Green has been slightly injured on and off all season---so I fully expect game 4 to be his last game of contribution in this series.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2017, 08:16:43 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker

Can you also find the quote you constantly mention that Stevens fears Green? Because I have no clue why anyone would to be honest. Unless the criteria is a low iq player, who take horrible shots, and routinely get torched defensively.

it was a sept 6 article titled Celtics Brad Stevens on Gerald Green: "Ive been scared of him" just google it---chris forberg article

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2017, 09:07:40 AM »

Offline ThaPreacher

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 174
  • THA PREACHER
I heard that Gerald Green has been torching the Celtic Players in practice on a regular basis.
Brad doesn't miss much. He simply takes risks and makes adjustments as needed. For the record,he has done a really good job of contributing to this team in the opportunities he has had this season. Now that's almost an impossible role to be put in.

I  like what he does for our starting lineup.  Just by being on the floor-his athleticsm and his ability to score open the lanes for IT.
It also allows for Crowder and Avery Bradley to have space.  Note their improved scoring and assist ratio last game.

I also liked the Jerebko sighting in the 3rd quarter.

Sit back and enjoy the game. Let Steven's make the long overdue adjustments.

"Just do what you do best."  -Red Auerbach-

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2017, 09:30:31 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
english
english. as in complete sentences and paragraphs that convey nuanced and multi-leveled arguments, rebuttals, and engage in a back and forth with another person?

yes, i agree.  you should use english.
 ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2017, 07:00:50 PM »

Offline TheSlipperyWhistle

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 12
Rollie. I owe you a Tommy point. I was dead wrong on Green. I think the most important thing in this series was Rondo going down, but the next most important has been Green.

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2017, 07:16:34 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Sign him to long term deal

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2017, 07:16:42 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
13 points 5 rebounds --hitting threes ,pull ups and attacked the rim

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2017, 07:59:03 PM »

Offline ThaPreacher

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 174
  • THA PREACHER

Green Eggs and Ham, just sporked the Bulls in the first half.
It looks like the player you said was missing the tine, while sitting way to long on the pine,,,is the reason Boston is up,
his play has been fine, as his shot goes thru the 'twine

Preach on Rollie, Preach on!
The masses don't understand when you drop knowledge!! :o
"Just do what you do best."  -Red Auerbach-

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2017, 09:03:16 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

it was a sept 6 article titled Celtics Brad Stevens on Gerald Green: "Ive been scared of him" just google it---chris forberg article

http://www.espn.com/blog/boston/celtics/post/_/id/4723932/celtics-brad-stevens-on-gerald-green-ive-been-scared-of-him