Poll

Would you trade Horford for a Greg Monroe and be Jabari

Yes. Have to.
8 (32%)
No. I love Al.
10 (40%)
I don't love Al, it's a bad trade for Celtics.
7 (28%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Author Topic: Poll: Would you make this Horford trade  (Read 2231 times)

Poll: Would you make this Horford trade
« on: April 23, 2017, 01:44:42 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

If we called and that's what they wanted for Parker. To unload Monroe and add Horford to Gianni's, Middleton, Brogdon, Maker core.

Celtics could be out of Monroe's contract in 1 year.

Parker could bust, but he could also be a 20 ppg 7 RPG Power Forward for us that's a legit go to guy when healthy.

Re: Poll: Would you make this Horford trade
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2017, 01:56:29 AM »

Offline Dannys Chipotle Guy

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 48
Monroe probably opts out this summer right?

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2017, 02:05:45 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Honestly I like this trade, but we'd have to give some assets in return like a couple of non brooklyn firsts. Anyways, we would get a center that can rebound and bang inside and a guy who can still be a star if he stays healthy. Also w wouldn't kill our FA destination reputation because Horford has been traded to a good team
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2017, 07:06:16 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Ainge doesn't like "losing" trades and that what you've got here.

Parker recovering fully is a big question.  Monroe is just not as good as Horford if you consider all aspects of the game.

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2017, 07:45:04 AM »

Offline Hank Finkel

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 41
It's a decent trade anb we get out of a big contract in a year with Monroe. With a chance Jabari recovers and more cap space in a year. I would do it. This team is not winning anything as it is currently constructed. We need quality bigs to compete for a championship. We could end up with Jabari and another good big in free agency if Monroe doesn't work out.

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2017, 08:00:40 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Don't think Bucks would do that trade without 2018 Nets pick or 2 non nets first. I also think it hurts team when it comes to FAs  if we move them to places like Milwaukee. Id try for deals with Heat or Magic Horford shouldn't mind being in Florida and those two teams have cap and young players to give up.

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2017, 08:21:20 AM »

Offline NHCelticsFan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 179
I really don't see a scenario where we trade Horford.  We signed him to be here for the next four years and management is not going to bail out on that after a single season. 

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2017, 08:30:36 AM »

Offline Hank Finkel

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 41
I really don't see a scenario where we trade Horford.  We signed him to be here for the next four years and management is not going to bail out on that after a single season.
If we get bounced in the first round of the playoffs again, I would call that a pretty good scenario.  He was brought in here to improve the team and hopefully win a championship.

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2017, 09:01:47 AM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 236
The earliest I'd see us even considering a Horford trade would be around the deadline in 2 years.

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2017, 09:31:16 AM »

Offline NHCelticsFan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 179
If we get bounced in the first round of the playoffs again, I would call that a pretty good scenario.  He was brought in here to improve the team and hopefully win a championship.

He has improved this team, significantly.  It's no coincidence that IT, Avery, and Jae have had career seasons.  Al's presence makes everyone else's game better.

A championship was always a long shot this year, and Al has been phenomenal so far in the playoffs.

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2017, 09:40:50 AM »

Offline Darío SpanishFan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
I see two problems.

1. We can't trade Horford yet if we want free agents to consider us. Commitment matters.
2. I don't think Milwaukee even considers this trade.

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2017, 09:43:46 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
I don't think this really helps us. I like Parker but I don't think it's a coincidence that when he went down, the Bucks played better as a team. He's not really a PF.

I think Horford would do wonder for floor spacing in Milwaukee though.

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2017, 11:01:38 AM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Usually after an ACL the repaired knee gets stronger, but having two injuries on plays that are pretty normal is not good.

My wife who is a PT, said it could be botched first surgery, or bad recovery, BUT it's most likely bad knee. She doesn't have his info, so it's hard to really say, but the way it happened she says the knee should hold up on those kinds of plays.

I love Parker, and would love to have him. He's got the kind of game that he doesn't need to be athletic, so the injuries doesn't scare me for his productivity, but it does for him actually being on the floor 70+ games a year. I'd want the medical records for the first surgery before I'd offer anything.

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2017, 11:47:56 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
trading Al after one year into his deal and you probably kill any hopes of landing a top FA for years.  Monroe's D isn't great and I don't trust Parker's knee at this point.

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2017, 12:17:35 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Enough with these Horford trade ideas.

Trading away Horford means no good FA will ever come Boston's way.

And let me guess, after we make this trade, when Monroe doesn't play well, are we going to post trade ideas like "Can we trade Monroe for a high draft pick + (insert young player here)" ??  ::)
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller