Author Topic: Celtics (1-2) at Bulls (2-1) PO Game #4 4/23/17  (Read 68640 times)

Re: Celtics (1-2) at Bulls (2-1) PO Game #4 4/23/17
« Reply #735 on: April 23, 2017, 09:37:49 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Glad Brad read the adjustments thread here on cb.

Play Green, go small at 4 with Crowder/Jerebko.
Shortening the bench and playing starters more. Swung the game at a critical point in the game.

« Reply #736 on: April 23, 2017, 09:39:04 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175
Yeah. Amazingly enough Amir Johnson didn't even play. Tell me again how Randle wouldn't play on this team. I guess KO would keep him off the floor or something.

Randle have low defensive IQ and have no game outside the post. At least KO is smart enough for help defense although he puts little resistance with contact.

Randle puts up mediocre numbers on a bottom dwelling team and Smart is on the court at the end of games for a playoff team.
Yeah. And at the beginning of the game he was sitting the bench watching Gerald Green. Because he has no offense. And offense wins basketball games. Even in the playoffs.

And Randle's home, like he is at this time every year. And Smart was on the floor in the 4th!!

« Reply #737 on: April 23, 2017, 09:41:11 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
Lol Hoiberg going off on the refs saying that IT gets to carry the ball all game long, which is why he's been so good.

This guy is a joke of a coach. Can't make adjustments, so let's blame the refs in a game that was clearly favored for the Bulls by the officials. Hell, their star player had more free throws than our entire team... Yeah, Fred, the officials lost you this game.  ::)

« Reply #738 on: April 23, 2017, 09:43:47 PM »

Offline BE-Celtic

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 48
Lol Hoiberg going off on the refs saying that IT gets to carry the ball all game long, which is why he's been so good.

This guy is a joke of a coach. Can't make adjustments, so let's blame the refs in a game that was clearly favored for the Bulls by the officials. Hell, their star player had more free throws than our entire team... Yeah, Fred, the officials lost you this game.  ::)

Imagine if he was coach of the Celtics today... What would he think about the referees ?

haha, i'm gonna think about that and the fact that Hoidberg is not our coach to go to sleep :D

Good night everyone

« Reply #739 on: April 23, 2017, 09:43:47 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
Yes, smart was great toward the end. The defense as always. But. Those touch passes were great.

Did. You see how butler was stymied by smart on most possessions?

And thank you mr. Green for the first half.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #740 on: April 23, 2017, 09:44:31 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Yeah. Amazingly enough Amir Johnson didn't even play. Tell me again how Randle wouldn't play on this team. I guess KO would keep him off the floor or something.

Randle have low defensive IQ and have no game outside the post. At least KO is smart enough for help defense although he puts little resistance with contact.

Randle puts up mediocre numbers on a bottom dwelling team and Smart is on the court at the end of games for a playoff team.
Yeah. And at the beginning of the game he was sitting the bench watching Gerald Green. Because he has no offense. And offense wins basketball games. Even in the playoffs.

And Randle's home, like he is at this time every year. And Smart was on the floor in the 4th!!
Randle or Aaron Gordon or Elfrid Payton or any other player could ride IT's coattails too.

« Reply #741 on: April 23, 2017, 09:47:28 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Hoiberg going off on the refs saying that IT gets to carry the ball all game long, which is why he's been so good.

He has some nerve to complain about the refs, after they kept his team in the artificially with their bogus calls.

« Reply #742 on: April 23, 2017, 09:47:28 PM »

Offline wayupnorth

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 141

Randle or Aaron Gordon or Elfrid Payton or any other player could ride IT's coattails too.

Smart is significantly better than those players.

It really isn't close. Randle doesn't have 1/10 of the BBQ Smart has.

Randle is not a very good basketball player.

We would be worse if he were on the team instead of Smart, and this game was evidence of that.

« Reply #743 on: April 23, 2017, 09:51:12 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175

We would be worse if he were on the team instead of Smart, and this game was evidence of that.

I wouldn't trade Smart for all three of those guys!

« Reply #744 on: April 23, 2017, 09:53:21 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
The legend of IT is growing now that he's getting some long awaited playoff success! Keep it up IT!

« Reply #745 on: April 23, 2017, 09:54:14 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Hoiberg going off on the refs saying that IT gets to carry the ball all game long, which is why he's been so good.

He has some nerve to complain about the refs, after they kept his team in the artificially with their bogus calls.
Agreed. It was pathetic and desperate

« Reply #746 on: April 23, 2017, 09:55:22 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 537
The legend of IT is growing now that he's getting some long awaited playoff success! Keep it up IT!
He literally put the team on his back when the game was spiraling out of control in the 3Q.

« Reply #747 on: April 23, 2017, 09:56:15 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

Smart did look a little pudgy at the start of the season. I think it's well within the realm of possibility that Randle doesn't have as good a barbecue.

I think it's great that Smart did so well in the 4th quarter. Better late than never, because he wasn't there the first three.

« Reply #748 on: April 23, 2017, 09:56:52 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

Agreed. It was pathetic and desperate

He's desperate to win this series and keep his job. He's reaching for whatever he can. Hopefully this doesn't have the same effect that Lebron and Lue's postgame whining does on the refs.

« Reply #749 on: April 23, 2017, 09:57:46 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Fred Hoidberg is saying refs helped IT tonight and in the whole series because he "carries" the ball.

Haha, dear Fred.

A Bull whining about referees about tonight's game :D

LOL I hope he gets fined for being an idiot. HAHA!!