Author Topic: Cap experts could we assemble this team next year  (Read 2228 times)

Cap experts could we assemble this team next year
« on: April 22, 2017, 02:08:01 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Even if it means moving Bradley, Crowder or both too free up salary.

Horford
 Zach Randolph
 Hayward
 Fultz
 Thomas

Randolph is old, but he would be a great add for two years and Yabu would learn a ton from him.

The offense would be at awesome. And you still have a very athletic bench with Smart, Brown, Rozier, Yabu, Zizic.

Re: Cap experts could we assemble this team next year
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2017, 02:15:52 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
That would be the worst defensive team in the league.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2017, 03:02:18 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

With Smart, Brown, Zizic, Rozier off the bench. Nice try.

What you fail to mention is that the starting five would be much better overall.

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2017, 03:15:05 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
That team would probably be the worst defensive team in the league.

For the start of the season Smart (or Brown) would start over Fultz.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2017, 02:42:41 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
I'd Randolph a FA or would we be trading for him?

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2017, 03:30:19 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

Horford
 Zach Randolph
 Hayward
 Fultz
 Thomas

Randolph is old, but he would be a great add for two years and Yabu would learn a ton from him.

The offense would be at awesome. And you still have a very athletic bench with Smart, Brown, Rozier, Yabu, Zizic.
If we have to move Bradley or Crowder I'd like to negotiate a trade for Cauley Stein and one of their young guys at the wing spot, I think it gives us a legit young big to pair with Horford and doesn't kill our bench and gives us the cap space to sign Hayward
That way we'd have:
IT,Fultz , Jackson
Hayward, Smart, Wing from Sac (eg. Galloway, McLemore)
Crowder, Brown, G.Green
Horford, FA (eg. Ilyasova), Yabu
Cauley Stein, Zizic, FA with the vet min
We'd have a great starting lineup and a rather deep bench with young guys that can play.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2017, 09:30:29 AM »

Offline Darío SpanishFan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141

Not true, even close. Hayward and Horford are very good defenders.

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2017, 11:15:46 AM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

YEah, people on here underrate Hayward on D. He's good, not lock down, but a solid Defender. I mean Crowder hasn't been lock down this year, and not this series, Smart and AB has done better on Butler than Crowder has.

Fultz from the reports, can play good D, has the tools to do so, it's a matter of him locking in. He tends to let up, which being here and they have Smart and AB or Crowder to stay in his ear.

But whats great about this team is they could out score teams with the starters, and the second unit could shut down the other second unit. I'd want AB to stay for offense with Brown, for that one two punch.

The team would be hard to defend thats for sure.

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2017, 12:07:23 PM »

Offline Dannys Chipotle Guy

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 48

YEah, people on here underrate Hayward on D. He's good, not lock down, but a solid Defender. I mean Crowder hasn't been lock down this year, and not this series, Smart and AB has done better on Butler than Crowder has.

Fultz from the reports, can play good D, has the tools to do so, it's a matter of him locking in. He tends to let up, which being here and they have Smart and AB or Crowder to stay in his ear.

But whats great about this team is they could out score teams with the starters, and the second unit could shut down the other second unit. I'd want AB to stay for offense with Brown, for that one two punch.

The team would be hard to defend thats for sure.
Horford and Hayward are both solid defenders, but Thomas is horrible on defense, Randolph is pretty bad at this point in his career, and while Fultz has a lot of potential on that end, as a rookie he would suck (which is why realistically Smart or Brown would start at the 2 with this roster).

The bench is very talented, but outside of Smart youve got 1 year of experience. Weve seen that historically its very tough for young players to make positive impacts on winning and that lineup requires 3 very raw players to be reliable cogs in your rotation.

Starting lineup would also be unstoppable offensively, especially down the stretch if Fultz begins to come into his own.

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2017, 12:57:25 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624

"Very good" is a stretch. I'll give you that they're both solid-good. However, Thomas and Randolph are horrible, and Fultz is likely to be horrible early in his career. You can't start three horrible defenders and expect to be better than awful defensively.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2017, 02:30:17 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners

Horford
 Zach Randolph
 Hayward
 Fultz
 Thomas

If we have to move Bradley or Crowder I'd like to negotiate a trade for Cauley Stein and one of their young guys at the wing spot, I think it gives us a legit young big to pair with Horford and doesn't kill our bench and gives us the cap space to sign Hayward
That way we'd have:
IT,Fultz , Jackson
Crowder, Brown, G.Green
We'd have a great starting lineup and a rather deep bench with young guys that can play.
I wish we traded at the draft for Buddy Hield. Crowder may have gotten us the #6 and future pick...I even made a thread specifically about that and most people said we would be getting ripped off, which I could understand but Hield was the best 3pt shooter (statistically) coming out of college in 15 years or more.
I'm afraid we missed out on getting both Jaylen and Hield that year. No way the Kings ship Buddy now unless it's a huge overpay.
In 25 games for the Kings Hield averaged 15 ppg but the most eye popping numbers were: 2.4 3's mpg on 43% shooting from behind the arc. Statistically he was a better 3pt shooter than any current NBA player while in college. Hield also has a 6'10'' wingspan and 8'6'' standing reach.

As far as Big Men I think we go after the guy with the most potential/ROI which IMO is JAHLIL OKAFOR. I wish we had traded for Okafor at the deadline.

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2017, 02:50:39 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
Zach Randolph is 37. I don't mind him on the team, but not as a starter. But we sure could use him to add toughness.

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2017, 02:52:17 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

Horford
 Zach Randolph
 Hayward
 Fultz
 Thomas

That way we'd have:
IT,Fultz , Jackson
Crowder, Brown, G.Green
I wish we traded at the draft for Buddy Hield. Crowder may have gotten us the #6 and future pick...I even made a thread specifically about that and most people said we would be getting ripped off, which I could understand but Hield was the best 3pt shooter (statistically) coming out of college in 15 years or more.
I'm afraid we missed out on getting both Jaylen and Hield that year. No way the Kings ship Buddy now unless it's a huge overpay.
In 25 games for the Kings Hield averaged 15 ppg but the most eye popping numbers were: 2.4 3's mpg on 43% shooting from behind the arc. Statistically he was a better 3pt shooter than any current NBA player while in college. Hield also has a 6'10'' wingspan and 8'6'' standing reach.

As far as Big Men I think we go after the guy with the most potential/ROI which IMO is JAHLIL OKAFOR. I wish we had traded for Okafor at the deadline.

Using all caps doesn't change the fact he sucks.

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2017, 04:32:42 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Yes moving AB and Crowder would get enough space IMO. But it's just an opinion as we don't know what Z-Bo will command.