Author Topic: Time to go after J Green  (Read 1844 times)

Time to go after J Green
« on: April 22, 2017, 12:42:18 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Not that Jeff Green, silly!  8) :P :P :P :P

I'm talking about JaMychal Green, who has been a Draymond Green like clone with similar attributes minus the stellar hockey assists, and innate passing abilities on the fast break.

He's going to range in the 14-20$ area, but he's well worth it.

38.6% 3pt, and an increasing defensive skill set, he's eventually become the premier stretch 4 in today's NBA, where he can shoot, defend, and bang down low with the best of them.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

Re: Time to go after J Green
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2017, 12:47:09 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
LOL

You scared me ...I thought you d lost your mind for a second .

Good post. TP

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2017, 12:49:36 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
LOL

You scared me ...I thought you d lost your mind for a second .

Good post. TP

Hahaha, that's what I was going for.  ;D TP back at ya.

Also, I don't think anyone understands how under the radar, Green has been... The exception being Grizzlies fans of course.

ESPN.com's Zach Lowe said the Memphis Grizzlies genuinely fear JaMychal Green's entry into restricted free agency—as they should. He has transformed into one of their most valuable defenders and one of the NBA's most versatile players.

Tony Allen and Marc Gasol are the only members of the Grizzlies who wrapped the regular season saving more points on defense, according to NBA Math. That Green remains a clear positive while shimmying between more coverages than anyone else on the team cannot be overstated. He sticks with rim-runners, rotates onto pick-and-roll orchestrators, shoots gaps on closeouts and even holds his own in one-on-one situations.

"I've been watching on my iPad before the games just to see everybody's tendencies from the 1 to the 4," he told NBA Math. "I know I'm going to be switching most of the time. I can't just look at my man and know what he's going to do. I've got to look for their entire team."

Grizzlies head coach David Fizdale compared his Green to Draymond Green back in December. He shouldn't have any regrets now. Defensively, in fact, he was dead on: Draymond is the only player in the NBA to defend as many pick-and-roll ball-handler (50), roll-man (45) and isolation (111) possessions.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2017, 12:56:29 PM »

Offline positivitize

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 614
  • Puns of steel
Agreed. I would love for JmG to take Amir's spot if we can't land Griffin or Hayward.
My biases, in order of fervor:
Pro:
Smart, Brown, Hayward, Tatum, Kemba, Grant Williams, Sleepy Williams, Edwards!

Anti:
Kanter, Semi, Theis, Poierier

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2017, 01:12:23 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2665
  • bammokja
i just looked at his stats. 9.1 points a game and 7ish rebounds a game this season. he rarely shoots three pointers. about 0.7 a game i think.

and this has been his best season in his brief career.

i am sure he is a good player based upon the support i see in this thread. but explain to me why a team would pay $14 to $20 million for what seems to be a bench player?
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2017, 01:14:18 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 226
i just looked at his stats. 9.1 points a game and 7ish rebounds a game this season. he rarely shoots three pointers. about 0.7 a game i think.

i am sure he is a good player based upon the support i see in this thread. but explain to me why a team would pay $14 to $20 million for what seems to be a bench player?

Yay! More mediocrity!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=buox7RRA4Tw

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2017, 01:21:31 PM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 743
Not that Jeff Green, silly!  8) :P :P :P :P

I'm talking about JaMychal Green, who has been a Draymond Green like clone with similar attributes minus the stellar hockey assists, and innate passing abilities on the fast break.

He's going to range in the 14-20$ area, but he's well worth it.

38.6% 3pt, and an increasing defensive skill set, he's eventually become the premier stretch 4 in today's NBA, where he can shoot, defend, and bang down low with the best of them.

weren't there rumors we were trying trade for him this past deadline?

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2017, 01:26:52 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

Starter potential, age, skillset.

Same reason somebody will overpay Kelly this summer.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2017, 01:33:25 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Green is becoming a hot name just like Biyombo was during last year's playoffs. It would have been great to have traded for him and signed him to a Crowder-like deal before every team realized he is exactly the type of player they want.

He may very well be worth the $20+M/yr contract he is going to get, but at this point it is all about potential. A great gal-back option if he comes at a decent price, but Memphis should match in that instance - and I would be worried if they didn't.

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2017, 02:24:56 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Oh man, I was expecting this to be about Jeff! I like JaMychal a lot, but he's going to get way overpaid.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2017, 02:25:39 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2952
  • On To Banner 18!
He's going to get overpaid, just like Kelly Olynyk. Praying that it's not the Celtics overpaying for either.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2017, 03:54:37 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
TP for the title of the thread.

He seems like a nice role player but the C's already have a lot of nice role players. He's probably marginally better than Olynyk (gain some toughness, lose some passing) but I don't see how he moves the needle unless this comes after some kind of bigger deal for a star and the roster needs filling out.

This is, I'll say, a much more interesting idea than the Zach Randolph thread I just clicked away from.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008