Author Topic: Power Forwards available via trade this offseason.  (Read 3036 times)

Re: Power Forwards available via trade this offseason.
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2017, 10:07:10 AM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 867
I don't think Ainge is going to be any more likely to give up assets for modest big men than he was at the trade deadline.  Our big man add will probably be Zizic.

If he didn't want to trade for Ibaka at the deadline, I don't think he will be willing to give up much for Ersan Illyasova.

I actually like Lauri Markkanen.  I wonder if we could get Fultz with the first pick and then maybe do some kind of trade to get into position to get Markkanen too.

Other than that, I don't see all that many options to improve our front line.

« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2017, 10:22:12 AM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 224
Dario Saric
Willy Hernangomez
Domantas Sabonis
Richaun Holmes

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2017, 10:38:13 AM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
Dario Saric
Willy Hernangomez
Domantas Sabonis
Richaun Holmes

I would love Hernangomez on the Celtics. If we do a Melo trade I would demand he be included.

« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2017, 10:45:11 AM »

Offline NHCelticsFan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 179
Dario Saric
Willy Hernangomez
Domantas Sabonis
Richaun Holmes

Big fan of Herangomez, would love him on the C's but if NY is smart (big if, I know) they will build around KP and Willy.

« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2017, 10:51:57 AM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Sullinger is available for dirt cheap if all else fails.

« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2017, 11:04:42 AM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 911
We have 3 2nd round picks this year. Maybe harry Giles falls more than expected? Jordan bell from Oregon is within our pick range as well.

I would love if Giles fell, but I fear that the only reason he would fall that far is if his medical exam really was that bad. He's this season's Skal: the top 3 pick who fell from grace, albeit for a different cause.

Mike

« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2017, 11:34:27 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

Only if you don't care about winning.   He still can't shoot which compounds problems because we run a spread offense and no one has to guard him.  He was also pretty unrealible in terms of health and conditioning.  Yes, rebounding was a problem this year and yet we won more games without him and had a better offense.  That ought to speak volumes to his lack of worth.   

I predict he will surface overseas, if he is wise somewhere he hates the food.

« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2017, 11:49:19 AM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 537

Only if you don't care about winning.   He still can't shoot which compounds problems because we run a spread offense and no one has to guard him.  He was also pretty unrealible in terms of health and conditioning.  Yes, rebounding was a problem this year and yet we won more games without him and had a better offense.  That ought to speak volumes to his lack of worth.   

I predict he will surface overseas, if he is wise somewhere he hates the food.
What's sad is that Sullinger is someone who's proven that he can play in the league and he's still only 25 years old.  Unfortunately, someone with his skill set needs to conistently play with the intensity of a Crowder or Marcus Smart to make up for what he lacks.  And he's proven that he just can't do that.

« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2017, 12:05:07 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
I like Anthony, though I don't think they could sign another FA if they traded for him. They might be able to get him on the cheap because of his contract, or meet the Knicks halfway in salary.  He looks like an option C, if they can't get any big scorer who is younger. But keep in mind, those top FAs are going to be more expensive than Melo.

What they really need is a rebounding 4 or 5. Somebody like Millsap or Griffin, though  Griffin is looking pretty fragile right now. They might even go after Cousins, if NO decides Cousins-Davis doesn't work. The big center might solve all of their problems. Drummond figures in, too.

They pretty much have the weapons to get most of these guys. All it takes is the willingness to make these deals. And to accept what their problems are.