Author Topic: Rondo out indefinitely with fractured thumb  (Read 6874 times)

Re: Rondo out indefinitely with fractured thumb
« Reply #45 on: April 21, 2017, 01:17:26 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
bummed for Rondo - this series was revitalizing his career after Dallas and Sac. 

I think his play here and over the last part of the season has done enough that he'll be viewed as an attractive option by some teams for next year. I'm happy for him.

For our part - good news, but not great news, I think. Butler can still go off for 40 and dominate the game in the 4th quarter , and if he does that in game 3 or 4, we will be very hard pressed to take the series.

I think he needed to show in this series he still could be Playoff Rondo to really draw interest.  his regular season play down the stretch would have kept him in the league with someone but with his play the past couple of games in the series, I think a team looking on the playoff margins could look at him as a player that could push them further in the playoffs.    hope so for his sake. 

« Reply #46 on: April 21, 2017, 01:27:37 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
bummed for Rondo - this series was revitalizing his career after Dallas and Sac. 

I think his play here and over the last part of the season has done enough that he'll be viewed as an attractive option by some teams for next year. I'm happy for him.

For our part - good news, but not great news, I think. Butler can still go off for 40 and dominate the game in the 4th quarter , and if he does that in game 3 or 4, we will be very hard pressed to take the series.

I think he needed to show in this series he still could be Playoff Rondo to really draw interest.  his regular season play down the stretch would have kept him in the league with someone but with his play the past couple of games in the series, I think a team looking on the playoff margins could look at him as a player that could push them further in the playoffs.    hope so for his sake.

Given that Jimmy Garoppolo played his way into "possible franchise quarterback" status in 1.5 career games, I think Rondo's two game stint here is enough.

« Reply #47 on: April 21, 2017, 01:36:18 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja

OMG! It's true! Coach Hoiberg said he broke it on Olynyk's Elbow! Too funny!

So does this mean we are going to resign the guy for all he does for us that doesn't show up on a stat sheet!?!  ;D
so much for his reputation as being soft.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #48 on: April 21, 2017, 01:57:33 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990

So does this mean we are going to resign the guy for all he does for us that doesn't show up on a stat sheet!?!  ;D

Lol, Olynyk is good for injuring opposing teams' players...not a bad contribution to the team at least. The Bernard Pollard of the NBA.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #49 on: April 21, 2017, 01:58:44 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
Real talk. If the Celtics can't win this game with all these factored in, then they do not belong here in the playoffs lol.

« Reply #50 on: April 21, 2017, 02:08:25 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
I know it's wrong to celebrate someone's injury, but.....

« Reply #51 on: April 21, 2017, 02:09:54 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Does anyone know what happened? "Slipping in the shower" again?

He punched out Big Baby.

« Reply #52 on: April 21, 2017, 02:32:20 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150

Lol, Olynyk is good for injuring opposing teams' players...not a bad contribution to the team at least. The Bernard Pollard of the NBA.

The modern Greg Kite!

« Reply #53 on: April 21, 2017, 02:35:59 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

Given that Jimmy Garoppolo played his way into "possible franchise quarterback" status in 1.5 career games, I think Rondo's two game stint here is enough.
But garopollo only has good film. Rondo has a lot of bad from just this season.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #54 on: April 21, 2017, 02:50:27 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
I think it's safe to say that KO's defensive prowess is highly underrated.

« Reply #55 on: April 21, 2017, 02:55:44 PM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
An underrated factor of Rondo being injured will be Robin Lopez's production.

I watched a fair bit of Bulls this year and one staple for that offense was the Robin Lopez 44% mid-range shot. Rondo was capable of feeding him a steady supply of these in the same way he used to do so with KG; by dribbling 10 feet into the crease drawing Lopez's defender, and kickin it out for an easy 2. It's a subtle little move but one that's huge for their spacing and something I don't think Jerian Grant or Michael Carter-Williams are particularly adept at

That's not even to mention that Rondo is one of the top 3 post entry passers in the league. Of all the guys who could have the biggest drop off without Rondo, I'd put Lopez at the top of the list.

« Reply #56 on: April 21, 2017, 03:38:56 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88

Soft?

I won't say so..

« Reply #57 on: April 21, 2017, 03:54:01 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
in all likelihood, rondo's minutes will be taken up by grant. this could be very, very good for the celtics.

i just read that so far in this series in the 27 minutes when grant played, chicago has been outscored by the celtics by 9.7 points per 100 possessions, worst of any bulls player who's seen action.

this is according to NBA.com/Stats.

thank you once more olly!!!!!! now if you could just do something about lopez.  ;)
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #58 on: April 21, 2017, 03:55:10 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White

Soft?

I won't say so..

The league will probably look into that and if they think it's intentional he is gone lol.  ;D

« Reply #59 on: April 21, 2017, 04:01:25 PM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!

Soft?

I won't say so..

And Paul Milsap thought the Wizards were playing MMA-style...

Kelly "Send You to the Clinic" Olynyk. Dislocating shoulders and taking out 3rd options since 2015.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman