Author Topic: Melo to Celtics...again?  (Read 1060 times)

Melo to Celtics...again?
« on: April 21, 2017, 10:00:04 AM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
Hoopshype is reporting the teams may revisit this in the offseason. I wouldn't mind doing it now...can he suit up tonight for Crowder.

I think it will be easier to do it this offseason now that both teams know they need to do it. THe Celtics can give up bit pieces because the Knicks will do anything to unload him now.

3 2nd round picks, Crowder and Zeller

That's it.

Re: Melo to Celtics...again?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2017, 10:05:26 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Fat salary...entering the back end of his career...ball stopper...doesn't make his teammates better...winer...no thanks.

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2017, 10:13:01 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Fat salary...entering the back end of his career...ball stopper...doesn't make his teammates better...winer...no thanks.
he also provides a secondary scoring option who can create his own shot and would sadly probably be the best rebounder on the team.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2017, 10:14:18 AM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
I think it would have to be Ainge's plan E if Hayward, Butler, PG13 all fall through.

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2017, 10:20:31 AM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1649
He murders our cap flexibility over the next couple of seasons and is no longer a good enough player to justify that.

Also, Crowder is still an average starter on a comically cheap contract.  Hardly a bit piece, regardless of how p---ed people are about this series.  While Melo is a better player than Crowder in a vacuum, I wouldn't trade Crowder for Melo straight-up.  Crowder's contract is a big reason why we're speaking of Hayward and Griffin as realistic targets this offseason. 

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2017, 10:33:48 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
i believe there is a thread on this topic already.

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=90332.msg2285976#new
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2017, 10:51:33 AM »

Offline aefgogreen

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 55
How many years are left on his contract after this year, two?  I'm tempted to make the deal if that's the case. I don't think we can get anyone else, and if it doesn't cost us a Brooklyn pick I think it's a good deal.  I'll miss Crowder, but I have faith in Jaylen Brown.  Full disclosure - I'm a Syracuse grad and thus have a special place in my heart for Melo.

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2017, 10:58:40 AM »

Offline __ramonezy__

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 62
We aren't having scoring problems, we're having front court problems... I don't care how many backcourt players and wings we bring in unless we upgrade our front court there will be no change.

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2017, 11:45:15 AM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
NO.  Just NO!