Author Topic: Anybody who wants to give credit for Horfords rebounds, I want to take that away  (Read 569 times)

Offline celtics2030

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 72
I watched the 2 games on replay

Robin Lopez was out there battling for rebounds and got 18 rebounds in total 2 games, i think 12 o f them were offensive, and i sware almost 90% of them were jousting for position, tipping rebounds in the air to get them and flat out out hustling

Meanwhile we have goofball softy extraordinare AL Horford who everytime a rebound is 50/50 , he completely crumples like a little baby and barely puts effort at all

It is freaking amazing how this guy got paid so much and gets regarded as a great player. Another role player being overrated by the Celtics brass and fan base. All you have to do is watch him play a couple of games and you will know he is as big a farce as you can get.

Robin Lopez was out there going for every rebound no matter what....Horford loves gobbling up rebounds where everybody is already running up court on the shot.......im telling you he knows this and knows he can trick everybody into actually thinking he is working hard on the glass.

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
I've been saying it for a long time. Horford is most effective when he's playing with a big physical center. Why teams keep thinking he's this big brute C/PF amazes me...he's not. Put him next to Brook Lopez or Marc Gasol and he will be putting up nice numbers.

You can't put him next to Amir, Zeller or KO and expect results. The entire frontline is soft.

Our best big man is Marcus Smart. I'm just sayin.

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
I've been saying it for a long time. Horford is most effective when he's playing with a big physical center. Why teams keep thinking he's this big brute C/PF amazes me...he's not. Put him next to Brook Lopez or Marc Gasol and he will be putting up nice numbers.

You can't put him next to Amir, Zeller or KO and expect results. The entire frontline is soft.

see that is really not good because Al isnt quick enough to guard the 4 consistently. If he cant be a center he isnt that valuable.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
And Dwight Howard has been a monster on the Boards for ATL. He was are only other option this summer.
DA is going to get the beef this summer. We over achieved this year.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1649

see that is really not good because Al isnt quick enough to guard the 4 consistently. If he cant be a center he isnt that valuable.

This is what worries me, truth be told.  He's a tweener - not physically imposing enough to be a 5, not mobile enough to be a 4.  He's intelligent enough to be a positive asset on the floor more often than not, but he's still another mismatch we're trying to hide.  I think that's the biggest issue with this team - we have all of these players who have to overcome disadvantages and almost no players who inflict mismatches on the other team.  I think Jaylen will eventually, but he's not really ready yet.