Poll

Hypotheticaly Al Horford signs the same deal but stays in Atlanta but Dwight Howard decides to join the Celtics. Judging by the way they've played this season who do you prefer?

Dwight- instantly solves most of our problems but obviously won't be spreading the floor
2 (22.2%)
Al- Although he ain't rebounding he's still contributing in every facet and all around makes us better
7 (77.8%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: Do we really need a rebounder?  (Read 608 times)

Do we really need a rebounder?
« on: April 21, 2017, 01:17:23 AM »

Offline Miranda-Kerr

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 13
  • MEAN GREEN MONSTAR TEAM
So maybe I've overreacted in some of my last few posts and I apologise for that. (just disappointed like all of you)

Obviously yes we need a rebounder but rather than venting frustrating I'd like to see what you guys have to say

Personally I think Horford has been great I just wish the team would give him more post ups and scoring opportunities.

However sometimes he looks for a better option which simply isn't there.

Dwight would give us that big body to compete against the bulls and playoff teams but is he worth it as he kills our offence in terms of pace and space.

Re: Do we really need a rebounder?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2017, 01:29:31 AM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
I think we need a guy like Holmes from Philly. I doubt Philly would give him up though

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2017, 01:37:49 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
So maybe I've overreacted in some of my last few posts and I apologise for that. (just disappointed like all of you)

Obviously yes we need a rebounder but rather than venting frustrating I'd like to see what you guys have to say

Personally I think Horford has been great I just wish the team would give him more post ups and scoring opportunities.

However sometimes he looks for a better option which simply isn't there.

Dwight would give us that big body to compete against the bulls and playoff teams but is he worth it as he kills our offence in terms of pace and space.
Yeah for all his woes horford has actually been ok at the boards (I'd take 11 rebounds from him all day), and also yes we do need a rebounder but he needs to be able to play in the system as well like the Gasol brothers (if Pau ever opts out I would like to go hard after him in FA)
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2017, 01:46:42 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
We need rebounders. But not one-dimesional stiffs like Drummond or Jordan. We need someone who is agile enough in the perimeter and capable of knocking down long range jumpers.

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2017, 01:53:10 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
I think we need a guy like Holmes from Philly. I doubt Philly would give him up though

If I was GM for a day, I'd overpay for Holmes.  He can score in bunches, protect the rim, rebound (when motivated), and hit the 3.  I can't imagine a better fit relative to style of play, age, and personality.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2017, 05:37:14 AM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
BRING BACK CHRIS WILCOX!
Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2017, 05:49:26 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
NO!
What we need is a bunch of smallish guards and undersized utility guys.

Sorry I couldn't resist it!  ;D
"The joy of the balling under the rims."