Author Topic: Beautiful Part Of Game 3? Isaiah Only Scoring 16 Points.  (Read 1866 times)

Beautiful Part Of Game 3? Isaiah Only Scoring 16 Points.
« on: April 22, 2017, 12:18:02 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
It's nice to see the Celtics win a game where they didn't need to rely on Isaiah to score more than 25 points.

Just looking at the box score, it's a beautiful sight.

IT struggled a bit (7-18 shooting), but Crowder had 16, Horford had 18, Bradley with 15, and even Rozier chipped in with 11. Green + Smart also added 15 total.

TEAM EFFORT right there.

Now I don't expect that to last (although that would be sweet), and expect the Bulls to make some adjustments, but something tells me IT is going to go off in Game 4 (another 30+ point game).

Hopefully the rest of the team uses this Game and KG's motivation as fuel to go out and put out another team effort in Game 4 (on both ends of the floor). Solid win, but Game 4 is still a MUST-WIN. They dug themselves into a hole, now it's time for them to dig themselves out. So far, so good.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Re: Beautiful Part Of Game 3? Isaiah Only Scoring 16 Points.
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2017, 12:35:49 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
Great to see some real movement and team ball. Bradley and Crowder seeme to emerge form their respective comas. Rozier has been explosive yet precise. JJ gave some nice minutes, and the ball flowed.

IT's defense was much better too.

I think the change of scenery helped, strangely.

Also having Rondo out is big. Yesterday I heard a stat on the radio that said that in the first two games IT had a -35 rating or something crazy like that while on the floor with Rondo.

He was just getting dominated.

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2017, 02:13:52 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
Great to see some real movement and team ball. Bradley and Crowder seeme to emerge form their respective comas. Rozier has been explosive yet precise. JJ gave some nice minutes, and the ball flowed.

Also having Rondo out is big. Yesterday I heard a stat on the radio that said that in the first two games IT had a -35 rating or something crazy like that while on the floor with Rondo.

I think they really need to give Jerebko more minutes and KO less.

Even last April against ATL, Jerebko gave lots of high energy minutes for the team.

Did well last night too.

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2017, 02:46:30 PM »

Offline jaketwice

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 102

Even last April against ATL, Jerebko gave lots of high energy minutes for the team.

Did well last night too.

Olynyk is not good enough for the minutes he got last night. He needs to be shooting more three pointers - and shooting them at a greater accuracy rate. The dribble drive stuff is craziness.

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2017, 03:09:42 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

Did well last night too.

Olynyk is not good enough for the minutes he got last night. He needs to be shooting more three pointers - and shooting them at a greater accuracy rate. The dribble drive stuff is craziness.

Yeah, he looks awkward when he drives with his dribble. 

Also annoys me when he has an open look but pump fakes or just stands around for 3 seconds, enough time for the defender to clamp him, and then follows it up with a turnover   ::)

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2017, 03:25:48 PM »

Online Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
Totally agree. To win in the playoffs you've got to be able to win in different ways. The Celtics had 34 assists on 41 made FG's last night. They won by 17 with IT shooting .389 and Crowder shooting .400. Also, Jaylen was a non factor last night and I think he'll have an impact on this series before it's over.

Maybe the most important number from last night, though, was the Bulls shooting .393 from the floor and .286 from 3. Playing effective defense always makes the scoring easier.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2017, 03:31:47 PM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
Totally agree. To win in the playoffs you've got to be able to win in different ways. The Celtics had 34 assists on 41 made FG's last night. They won by 17 with IT shooting .389 and Crowder shooting .400. Also, Jaylen was a non factor last night and I think he'll have an impact on this series before it's over.

Maybe the most important number from last night, though, was the Bulls shooting .393 from the floor and .286 from 3. Playing effective defense always makes the scoring easier.

TPs all around. I agree all around. On Jaylen, it's hard to make an impact when he literally played a minute and some change.
#JKJB

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2017, 04:23:54 PM »

Online Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742

TPs all around. I agree all around. On Jaylen, it's hard to make an impact when he literally played a minute and some change.
Right. What I meant to say was that he hasn't really been given a chance to make an impact yet but I think he will before the end of the series I think he'll come up big when called upon.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2017, 05:07:22 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2522
If you're a Bulls fan, you are feeling like Butler can't have as poor a shooting night in Game 4 as he did in Game 3.

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2017, 06:43:12 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
If you're a Bulls fan, you are feeling like Butler can't have as poor a shooting night in Game 4 as he did in Game 3.

I think credit goes to the defense yesterday. Butler didn't have it that easy.

Sure, he'll likely shoot better tomorrow, but if the C's play with the intensity they did yesterday, I think they still prevail.

Also hopefully IT goes off tomorrow.

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2017, 06:43:56 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
Butler isn't just that good to carry the team. It literally became Rondo's team in the playoffs. They became pretty much clueless without him.

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2017, 07:25:47 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
I posted here that Green should play over Brown.
But I didn't expect Brad to start him.
It worked.

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2017, 07:34:34 PM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486

Right. What I meant to say was that he hasn't really been given a chance to make an impact yet but I think he will before the end of the series I think he'll come up big when called upon.

Yea I knew what ya meant. I was just clarifying it. I think he will get a shot to energize the team like he did all year. Some crazy highlight play that gets the bench off their seats.
#JKJB

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2017, 08:52:32 PM »

Online Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

CBS may not play Brown so much. Experience really counts in the playoffs.