Poll

How Will This Series End? (CHI Leads 2-0 Now)

Celtics Win In 6 Or 7
54 (61.4%)
Bulls Sweep Or Win In 5
22 (25%)
Bulls Win In 6 or 7
12 (13.6%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Author Topic: Down 2-0, Do You Believe?  (Read 15841 times)

Re: Down 2-0, Do You Believe?
« Reply #120 on: April 27, 2017, 01:15:21 PM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
I'm okay admitting publicly that I did not believe in this team after they were down 2-0. I'm also happy to say I was wrong.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #121 on: April 27, 2017, 01:26:11 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I believed. I think at the time, it could've been rightly called 'denial' but I believed.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #122 on: April 27, 2017, 01:39:06 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Sure why not?

See, I never lost faith  8)

Honestly Game 2 made it feel like the Celtics would get swept but the teams are 1 and 8 seeds for a reason. I figured play would even out.

« Reply #123 on: April 27, 2017, 01:41:55 PM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545
Who cares if you believed, as long as you made your sacrifices to the Blood God like the rest of us...
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #124 on: April 27, 2017, 01:50:48 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
Who cares if you believed, as long as you made your sacrifices to the Blood God like the rest of us...
i find that younger goats seem to work best for sacrifices and blood rituals.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #125 on: April 27, 2017, 02:01:45 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Sure why not?

Honestly Game 2 made it feel like the Celtics would get swept but the teams are 1 and 8 seeds for a reason. I figured play would even out.

I agree, it felt like a 4-5 game series after Game 2.

Must admit I wasn't very hopeful at that point that they'd figure it out.

I will say, the team has done a really good job coming back in this series.  I didn't expect that they'd manage it (they still need to close it out, of course).

With that said, it's a totally different series without Rondo playing for the Bulls.

I know Rondo is far from a superstar these days, but the drop-off from him to the next man up at point guard for the Bulls is so huge that it has made a large and obvious difference.

That combined with Isaiah and the rest of the Celts getting further and further in time from the horrible tragedy that occurred the day before Game 1 has resulted in the total flip of the script in this series.

If the Celts manage to close out the Bulls, I guess we'll see how they fare in the next series (probably against Washington).  Whether or not that's competitive will tell us how much stock we should put in Rondo's injury as an explanation for the outcome of this series.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #126 on: April 27, 2017, 02:19:53 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I'm curious what this thread looks like in an alternate reality where the Bulls don't lose their starting and backup PG.

The Celtics had some good fortune. Anybody who had serious concerns after watching the team play in Games 1 and 2 was pretty justified.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #127 on: April 27, 2017, 02:24:28 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
Keep believing. Not over yet.

Yep. NEED to close this out Friday night.

We're gonna learn a lot about the maturity of this team based on how they play Friday.

« Reply #128 on: April 27, 2017, 02:38:01 PM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219
I'm curious what this thread looks like in an alternate reality where the Bulls don't lose their starting and backup PG.

The Celtics had some good fortune. Anybody who had serious concerns after watching the team play in Games 1 and 2 was pretty justified.

In that alternate reality, we probably get swept and 90% of threads this offseason are about rebooting the roster like they were for two days. But in that alternate reality, does Isaiah's sister live? Reality is what it is.
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

« Reply #129 on: April 27, 2017, 02:40:36 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
If the Celts manage to close out the Bulls, I guess we'll see how they fare in the next series (probably against Washington).  Whether or not that's competitive will tell us how much stock we should put in Rondo's injury as an explanation for the outcome of this series.

If we do beat the Bulls and then win our next round, I will happily admit that my "It's about Rondo" theory is wrong, while taking a big bite of a bird in the family Corvidae and genus Corvus.

Mike

« Reply #130 on: April 28, 2017, 08:11:57 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741

It's a really good question. I maintain that those first two losses were more about the C's playing the worst basketball they played all year than anything the Bulls or Rondo, specifically, were doing well. I think if Rondo was still playing the C's still get back on track and win the series.

But we'll never know.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #131 on: April 28, 2017, 08:15:49 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Hell yes I'll believe in them to the very end as long as they're fighting
[dang] anything is possible
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #132 on: April 28, 2017, 08:17:29 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
It's time for us to show up and shut the ****ing **** spewing from haters' mouths about how we are the worst first seed in nba history, how we are getting our asses kicked by a pizza guy named Zipser (no offense to the kid himself) and how we are just pure hype and a team that any lower seed would beat. We'll win this series in 6 games with the final game being us shoving a ****ing blowout in those motherf***ing c***s***ers' throats about their weak ass team sweeping us and reach the nba finals just like the Phoenix Suns did.
[dang] if we win game 6 my prediction will be true
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #133 on: April 28, 2017, 08:24:31 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I would have liked to see the poll closed after Game 2. I think there are still votes filtering in now and [obviously] they are Cs in 6 or 7 votes.

Sure why not?

This was exactly my take, as well. We invest so much time throughout the year in our team, it seemed a little impetuous to bail after two games. I was one of those who felt if we got swept that we needed to majorly shake things up. But I will not feel that way if we got at least 6 or 7 in the next round.

« Reply #134 on: April 28, 2017, 08:30:08 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja

Way to perk people up Roy. Just the ticket on a thread about believing in the Celtics.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva