Poll

How Will This Series End? (CHI Leads 2-0 Now)

Celtics Win In 6 Or 7
54 (61.4%)
Bulls Sweep Or Win In 5
22 (25%)
Bulls Win In 6 or 7
12 (13.6%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Author Topic: Down 2-0, Do You Believe?  (Read 15848 times)

Re: Down 2-0, Do You Believe?
« Reply #60 on: April 20, 2017, 09:17:57 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Playing the first round in 7 games, no number 1 seed has ever rebounded from a 0-2 start.

Do you believe?

Also, no number 1 seed has ever had the best odds to pick 1st overall.

Do you believe? Well, you should. It's us.

Take it as you want. I mean, anything can happen. I'll go home when I'm kicked towards it. Not before.
No number 1 seed has ever failed to rebound from an 0-2 hole in a 7 game series.

This is unprecedented

One number 1 seed has fallen behind 0-2 (Phoenix in the 90s), and they came back and won the best-of-5 series despite a much smaller margin of error. So we're practically guaranteed to do it  ;D

TP for the positivity!!!!

Our team has played its best ball all year year after some really bad ball and often plays to the level of its opponents.

Time for some good ball. Cs in 7!!!!

Go Cs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #61 on: April 20, 2017, 09:22:31 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Playing the first round in 7 games, no number 1 seed has ever rebounded from a 0-2 start.

Do you believe?

Take it as you want. I mean, anything can happen. I'll go home when I'm kicked towards it. Not before.
No number 1 seed has ever failed to rebound from an 0-2 hole in a 7 game series.

This is unprecedented

One number 1 seed has fallen behind 0-2 (Phoenix in the 90s), and they came back and won the best-of-5 series despite a much smaller margin of error. So we're practically guaranteed to do it  ;D

Our team has played its best ball all year year after some really bad ball and often plays to the level of its opponents.

Go Cs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If we need Kelly Olynyk to become Charles Barkley in the next few games.. well I might just wave the White Flag  :P :laugh:
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #62 on: April 20, 2017, 10:00:16 PM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
NO.

When the Suns went down 0-2 as a first seed..they really were First seed and the best record in the NBA...they also had Barkley in his ptime who went to god mode and brought the Suns back to life by himself....we don't have that type of a player.

Our first seed is by luck because Cleveland didn't bother with it. And frankly we are an obvious second tier in the east who just happen to luck out into the top seed.

Our series feels like we are down 0-2 but not a close 0-2 losses...we got spanked and thrown around like a ragdoll in our own building....so do I still believe....well if we win this series ill never post on CB again...atleast wait until playoffs are done.

« Reply #63 on: April 20, 2017, 10:07:12 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

Our series feels like we are down 0-2 but not a close 0-2 losses...we got spanked and thrown around like a ragdoll in our own building....so do I still believe....well if we win this series ill never post on CB again...atleast wait until playoffs are done.

TP, I like your posts, but I hope we don't see you on here till after the playoffs!!!! ;D ;)

You best come back after that, though.

« Reply #64 on: April 20, 2017, 10:12:35 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 378
Go To The BASKET--!!!
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #65 on: April 21, 2017, 07:29:56 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741

Do you believe?

This is unprecedented

Go Cs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YASS! This Celtics team hasn't shown what they can do yet.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #66 on: April 21, 2017, 07:32:46 AM »

Offline TomHeinsohn

• NCE
  • Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 33
Go To The BASKET--!!!

Took the words out of my mouth

« Reply #67 on: April 21, 2017, 08:34:12 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Hell yes I'll believe in them to the very end as long as they're fighting
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #68 on: April 21, 2017, 08:38:52 AM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green
I do believe we can come back with some adjustments to the lineup, if not then no.

I think Zeller is better suited to guard Robin Lopez and the same goes for Jaylen Brown against Jimmy Butler. Therefore, I'd consider bringing Amir and Crowder off the bench for the rest of this series, because they are not doing the first unit any good. Crowder could also be the guy we need off the bench that is going to strengthen our second unit.

It will be interesting to see what Stevens decides to do for the 3rd game.
Jack of all trades, master of none.

« Reply #69 on: April 21, 2017, 09:17:17 AM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
I wish Stevens would have a Fizdale type rant. He needs to wake these guys up. I like his calm demeanor at times but most of the time he's too cool for school. We need to see him go completely bonkers for once.

« Reply #70 on: April 21, 2017, 09:23:24 AM »

Offline celtics2030

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 72
Go To The BASKET--!!!

Problem is we have nobody that can go to the basket like that.....name one person besides IT who can do that.

« Reply #71 on: April 21, 2017, 09:33:28 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
The grief will still be enormous for Isaiah. It's not really him I've been worried about though because he's shown the ability to remove at least 50% of the emotion of his personal tragedy through the first 2 games. It's his team mates being swept up in his grief that terrified me going into this series and I think their heads have been completely out of the game. I think Ainge was saying the same thing this morning on Toucher and Rich- they have the adrenalin sucked out of them and it's been a huge 'cloud' over the organization- which is what is to be expected.

I believe that right now the reality has sunk in with our team and that we are basically facing elimination.
The urgency has hopefully arrived for our guys and that's when they have the opportunity to play up to what they're capable of.

Winning this series means taking it game by game.
Win this game tomorrow is the only objective and I think that will be hitting home very hard right now.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #72 on: April 21, 2017, 12:16:15 PM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
Not sure about us wining the whole series, but we have a chance. As the game 3 is nearing, I feel more and more that we will win today.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #73 on: April 21, 2017, 10:21:53 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
WE BELIEVE!
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #74 on: April 21, 2017, 10:25:32 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
Go To The BASKET--!!!

Problem is we have nobody that can go to the basket like that.....name one person besides IT who can do that.

Horford walk through that door