Poll

How Will This Series End? (CHI Leads 2-0 Now)

Celtics Win In 6 Or 7
54 (61.4%)
Bulls Sweep Or Win In 5
22 (25%)
Bulls Win In 6 or 7
12 (13.6%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Author Topic: Down 2-0, Do You Believe?  (Read 15844 times)

Re: Down 2-0, Do You Believe?
« Reply #45 on: April 20, 2017, 05:31:12 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 866
  • GOT IT!!!
Has to be baby steps. Win one of the next two. Just gotta keep extending the series.

« Reply #46 on: April 20, 2017, 05:43:32 PM »

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586
Should the Bulls decide it is "up to them to knock off the #1 seed?"...the pressure will be on the Bulls.

Up until now, it has been the top seeded Celtics favored over the "barely got into the playoffs" Bulls.

Not sure if the pressure is off the C's yet.

Might have to go down 0-3...before they start playing like they have nothing to lose.

I wouldn't bet the house, but, I'd definitely bet the car...

« Reply #47 on: April 20, 2017, 06:09:58 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
I believe we got a great chance getting blown out again .  These guys are Cannon fodder for the Bulls right now.

But maybe there is light at the end of the tunnel,

Danny will,have to,make some trades to up grade the teams bigs .

« Reply #48 on: April 20, 2017, 06:17:52 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
I'll cheer the celtics forever as long as they work hard.  Injuries or simply not being as good a team, I'll watch entire games and cheer.  We are a far better team than bulls if effort isn't there I'll be watching something else

« Reply #49 on: April 20, 2017, 06:21:42 PM »

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
No surprise playoff Wade and playoff Rondo are giving us trouble. They care not for the regular season. Butler was always going to be the best 2 way player in the series.

It's the lack of intensity from the Celts, the lack of adjustments by Stevens that are surprising so far. IT, Bradley & Smart/Rozier should never all see the floor at the same time. It's killing us. We give up enough size in the post as is. We're giving up 5 inches at nearly every position.

Be great to dial up the intensity level. Take the fight to them instead of sitting on our heels. Woulda been great to nab McGee to give us size and rim protection. Big miss. Amir doesn't seem to be scaring anyone.

Fired up to see how we react to adversity. Pessimistic we win series. Optimistic we adjust and have some good stretches before it's over.

« Reply #50 on: April 20, 2017, 06:59:42 PM »

Offline umpacu

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 28
Having the image of Game 2 still in my mind, I would say Bulls should win easily.

But I think this is all really weird. I mean, it doesn't make sense that all of us, all the analysts, and even the Bulls fans picked the Celtics to win this series, and suddenly eveyone is saying this is over. For example, Zach Lowe said yesterday in his podcast that he couldn't think on anything the Celtics could do to change the outcome of the series (later, he did mention some small tweaks but didn't sound very confident), but when he did the playoff preview he picked the Celtics and thought the series wouldn't be that close.

So, either everybody is reeeeeaaaaally bad at making predictions, or something truly exceptional is happeing here. Since I also picked the Celtics, I'll go with option B.

It seems to me that Isaiah's family tragedy is one part of the equation, but the other is that the Bulls are just simply playing out of their minds. I know we're helping a little with our rebounding issues and the turnovers allowing them to go in transition, but they're also hitting a lot of shots they didn't hit during the regular season. I think Robin Lopez shooting wide open jumpers was part of the gameplan, but if he's going to make ninety percent of them, then we're screwed. Same with Portis, or Zipser, or Michael Carter-Williams, or any other not named Butler (and maybe Mirotic?)

Now, if they Bulls were just coasting during the regular season and they were waiting for the playoff to flip the switch and this who they really are, then good for them (although that strategy has some risks since they made the playoff by one game).

But maybe this is a fluke, and they'll start missing some shots (and we make a couple, for a change), and things go back to "normal", I don't know. That's what I'm trying to believe, anyway.

But at the end of the day, we have a good team plus one very good pick this year (and another one in 2018), Zizic, Yabu, and lot of cap space that we might use. We'll be fine.

« Reply #51 on: April 20, 2017, 07:19:50 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
I'll cheer the celtics forever as long as they work hard.  Injuries or simply not being as good a team, I'll watch entire games and cheer.  We are a far better team than bulls if effort isn't there I'll be watching something else

THIS. I loved last year's team for that reason alone, win or lose.  This year?  ...

« Reply #52 on: April 20, 2017, 07:22:07 PM »

Offline Rakulp

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 78
The Bulls WANT us to think it's over...

...my team is STILL on the court!

« Reply #53 on: April 20, 2017, 07:27:08 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
I believe... we're going to lose in 5, at best.  Cute as they may be, these sallies ain't gettin' it done.  Maybe Ainge and Stevens equally overestimated the quality of this team at the trade deadline. 
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #54 on: April 20, 2017, 07:38:00 PM »

Offline Darío SpanishFan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
Playing the first round in 7 games, no number 1 seed has ever rebounded from a 0-2 start.

Do you believe?

Also, no number 1 seed has ever had the best odds to pick 1st overall.

Do you believe? Well, you should. It's us.

Take it as you want. I mean, anything can happen. I'll go home when I'm kicked towards it. Not before.

« Reply #55 on: April 20, 2017, 07:51:55 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Playing the first round in 7 games, no number 1 seed has ever rebounded from a 0-2 start.

Do you believe?

Take it as you want. I mean, anything can happen. I'll go home when I'm kicked towards it. Not before.
No number 1 seed has ever failed to rebound from an 0-2 hole in a 7 game series.

This is unprecedented
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #56 on: April 20, 2017, 08:18:22 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 533
They're done.  Hope I'm wrong of course, but I don't see a solution on the current roster for us getting pushed around up front.  Plus the tend of their bench playing like crap has gone on for too long.

« Reply #57 on: April 20, 2017, 08:25:38 PM »

Offline JOMVP

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 100
We've been a good road team all year so being in Chicago for these games certainly shouldnt phase them. Maybe they'll feel less pressure not being in front of the home crowd. I do have a bit of confidence heading in to these two games for some reason, can't really explain. I also was pretty confident we'd roll Chicago in 5. If Stevens figured out Robin Lopez in the time off we've had, then we should be good. Butler, Wade, Rondo, Lopez - all crappy shooters have been making shots but you got to imagine they will level off eventually.

If they can take these two games on the road, I do believe we end up winning it.

« Reply #58 on: April 20, 2017, 08:28:32 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
See the response by Indiana against Cleveland tonight?

I hope Boston brings the similar response Games 3-4. They HAVE TO.

Even though we are on the road, we just need to play and hustle consistently. Period.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #59 on: April 20, 2017, 09:09:43 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

Do you believe?

No number 1 seed has ever failed to rebound from an 0-2 hole in a 7 game series.

This is unprecedented

One number 1 seed has fallen behind 0-2 (Phoenix in the 90s), and they came back and won the best-of-5 series despite a much smaller margin of error. So we're practically guaranteed to do it  ;D