Poll

How Will This Series End? (CHI Leads 2-0 Now)

Celtics Win In 6 Or 7
54 (61.4%)
Bulls Sweep Or Win In 5
22 (25%)
Bulls Win In 6 or 7
12 (13.6%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Author Topic: Down 2-0, Do You Believe?  (Read 15840 times)

Re: Down 2-0, Do You Believe?
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2017, 03:09:05 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
I believe we need to go big instead of going small.

« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2017, 03:16:22 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Ainge said criticism of Stevens is fair but he doesn't agree.

He also said "we haven't been dominated either game" Um, err...has he been at the Red Claws games or the Celtics games? Seriously?

Yeah, I have to disagree with him. They haven't been losing by a ton, but the deficits were much bigger than what the scoreboard indicated. In fact, when they entered the fourth quarter of Game 2 trailing by 11, I felt that it might as well have been 30, because at that point, making up 11 points was like climbing Everest.

In neither game did it ever feel like they had control of the game or even really had a good chance to win it.

That, to me, means that neither game was close.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2017, 03:17:55 PM »

Offline BE-Celtic

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 48
I believe we need to go big instead of going small.

I don't think this helps on the rebound that much. I'd say go small, find back your identity : lots of 3 points and good shooting. Rebound with the heart rather than the size, knowing you won't will this battle anyway

« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2017, 03:30:01 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I'll believe it when I see it. But believing in the Celtics right now is worse than blindly believing. It's believing even when faced with evidence completely to the contrary. The play of the Celtics absolutely screams "We don't want it." I have never seen a team that a rebound is less important to. The team has played soft all year long and for the playoffs they just got softer. Other teams didn't respect them and didn't see them as a legit #1 seed because they are soft. Now here we are. I believe we need tougher players and if the coach does this next season again then we need a different coach. And if it happens the year after that I believe we need a different GM.

« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2017, 03:32:12 PM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
No way we are this bad, no way we let them beat us in a 7 game series, so
 I BELIEVE !!!!!
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2017, 03:36:44 PM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
I'll believe it when I see it. But believing in the Celtics right now is worse than blindly believing. It's believing even when faced with evidence completely to the contrary. The play of the Celtics absolutely screams "We don't want it." I have never seen a team that a rebound is less important to. The team has played soft all year long and for the playoffs they just got softer. Other teams didn't respect them and didn't see them as a legit #1 seed because they are soft. Now here we are. I believe we need tougher players and if the coach does this next season again then we need a different coach. And if it happens the year after that I believe we need a different GM.

Take that for Data !  8)

« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2017, 04:00:22 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Dont expect a win, but the series is far from over. Chicago is inconsistent and we are two.

Things could swing very quickly.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2017, 04:06:33 PM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 375
Yes I believe!  What's the harm?  Root for our team.  It's been too good of a year to just give up after two losses.  And, if they don't win ... well, we have the draft lotto coming up and that pick, Yab, Zizic and cap space in the off-season.  Everybody posting on this site implies that this team is fatally flawed and that Stevens is suddenly a bad coach.  Get real.  Have some faith.  Go C's!

« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2017, 04:30:31 PM »

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 129

I think the Celtics need to make minor adjustment to win Game 3. Crowd the paint. Force Rondo to make jump shots off the pick instead of letting him get inside. Also, if they put more effort in, they can rebound better. All Al Horford needs to do is focus on making sure Lopez doesn't get close to the rim by boxing him out properly and letting the guards get the rebounds. It's really that simple imo.

I think people are also underrating IT. The guy has been off this series. He hasn't been in control of the pace in the game. We typically play a lot faster than we have this series.

Celtics in 7. I will eat crow if they lose. But I really believe we can come back from this.

« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2017, 04:37:33 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
Bulls win in 5 or 6 maybe even 4

« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2017, 04:43:02 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
I believe we'll get swept

« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2017, 04:45:29 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
what the heck. i prefer to enjoy life and the celtics. so..... a BET!!!!  ;D

a valuable and precious tp is at stake here c5!!! if the bulls sweep the celtics (oooowwww...it hurt to even type that) then you get a tp.

however, if it if NOT a sweep, you must fork over a tp to me.

deal?  ;D

p.s. i say celtics in 7. it makes life more fun to believe this way.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #42 on: April 20, 2017, 04:46:50 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
what the heck. i prefer to enjoy life and the celtics. so..... a BET!!!!  ;D

a valuable and precious tp is at stake here c5!!! if the bulls sweep the celtics (oooowwww...it hurt to even type that) then you get a tp.

however, if it if NOT a sweep, you must fork over a tp to me.

deal?  ;D

p.s. i say celtics in 7. it makes life more fun to believe this way.

Deal 8). I guess life is all about perspective no matter how wrong u are :laugh:

« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2017, 05:11:39 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
It comes down to this for me: The Celtics have been hot garbage. They're not losing the series because they're playing the Bulls, if they played the Magic like this, they'd lose. If the Celtics can just play decent, they can beat this team. But they haven't. They've played like total trash and lost game 1 by just 4 points and weren't completely out of game 2 until the 4th quarter.

All they have to do is not play the worst basketball they've played all year and they can get right back in this.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #44 on: April 20, 2017, 05:19:25 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Sure do - all the way until the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSkIwwdT79E

Do NOT go gentle, BOSTON - go into Chicago and FIGHT.