Poll

How Will This Series End? (CHI Leads 2-0 Now)

Celtics Win In 6 Or 7
54 (61.4%)
Bulls Sweep Or Win In 5
22 (25%)
Bulls Win In 6 or 7
12 (13.6%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Author Topic: Down 2-0, Do You Believe?  (Read 15842 times)

Re: Down 2-0, Do You Believe?
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2017, 01:30:49 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
even ifwe win the series, it's pathetic

we're a phony 1 seed but we should still beat the bulls
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2017, 01:30:54 PM »

Offline fantankerous

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122
It's out of character for me, but I'm optimistic about the Celtics winning the series. 

« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2017, 01:32:18 PM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1649
I think we have the ability to come back and win the series. 

Will we?  I doubt it.  We have a small margin for error against a team that has a much, much stronger mental state than us right now.  We need to take at least two on their turf.  We've dug ourselves a hell of a hole. 

« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2017, 01:35:58 PM »

Offline Humble G

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 983
I think we have the ability to come back and win the series. 

Will we?  I doubt it.  We have a small margin for error against a team that has a much, much stronger mental state than us right now.  We need to take at least two on their turf.  We've dug ourselves a hell of a hole.

Mind Reader

« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2017, 01:36:52 PM »

Offline BE-Celtic

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 48
Winner of game 3 will take the series I think.

If we win this, it may gives us new energy an it will mean the players found a way of limit offensive rebounds etc. This could totally turn the momentum with a big win.

On the other end of course if Chicago wins game 3, it's waaaaay over.

Now, at 0-2, as a fan, I'm still thinking it's kind of a bad dream and it can not happen... So my optimistic self will say Celtics in 7.

Believe :)

« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2017, 01:43:32 PM »

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 129
You know I believe it. I made a whole thread about it. Celtics in 7 baby!!!! IT is about to go off on these mother*******s rambo style. And don't forget about Smartacus. Time for waaaaaaaaaaaaaar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2017, 01:47:01 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Sure why not?

« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2017, 01:51:44 PM »

Online bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4586
Drink the Kool Aid with me fellas, don't be shy there's enough for everyone.

Last year the C's were down 0-2 to Atlanta (similarly close Game 1, crappy Game 2).  C's then win the next 2 (without Bradley), but granted they won at home/lost on the road.

But this team plays best when other teams count them out.  Like making the playoffs in '15, becoming the #1 seed this year, etc.  They went into GS 2 years in a row and won on the road, they can win in Chicago.  C's had one of the best road records in the league.

Bulls are going to be relaxed, think they have this series in the bag with the next 2 games at home and the C's have already given up.

Isaiah (and the whole team) are going to be re-charged with Isaiah getting a couple of days off to handle his family business in Washington.  C's locker room is going to be intense on Friday instead of everyone walking on egg shells.

Boston's going to win Game 3 by double digits, Isaiah's going off for 40+.  Lopez doesn't have more than 5 boards.

Wade and Rondo have had about 3 good games together all year, one of them was Tuesday night.  They won't have another good game together for the rest of this series/season.

A few Bulls scrubs have had good games (Portis, Zipser), you really think that trends going to continue?

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2017, 01:53:58 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Boston certainly has the talent but they have looked awful so no I don't believe they will win the series.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2017, 02:01:45 PM »

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 129
At the end of the day, Boston can improve on their rebounding simply by effort. It's really that simple. I'm not saying they have to win the rebound stat, but they can't make it as extreme as it is.

I genuinely will be surprised if we end up losing this series. I would lose a lot of respect for specifically Crowder and Bradley. It's time for them to bring some defense. And Brad needs to stop putting Bradley on Butler

« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2017, 02:36:45 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
I think we can win this series and, right now, I think we will.

Mike

« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2017, 02:36:45 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
I can only begin my opinion with a major humble brag.  In my rec league, my team has won the title the past two seasons and are now entering the championship this week for a 3rd straight time.  I feel fairly confident that we are going to win again.  I don't think it's a false confidence because I don't always feel this way.  It's not because we have overwhelmingly superior talent, because that's not true.  But it's because I truly feel that the guys on my team simply *know* how to win tough games.

When I look at Boston/Chicago over the past two games, I truly think Rondo and Wade have exhibited that knowledge of how to win tough games.  That along with Butler who is just the best player on the floor.  That realization makes me very concerned about the Celtics chances this series.

I feel very strongly that Boston still could win in the same way that I'm very aware my rec team could lose.  It's going to come down to Boston figuring out some key strategic coaching moves that play into our favor and the players rising their play to the highest level that they are capable of.  If a team can do those two things, I think that you *always* have got at least a chance.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2017, 02:57:18 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Heart believes C's in 7.
Money believes Bulls in 5.

« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2017, 03:02:40 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
I feel very strongly that Boston still could win in the same way that I'm very aware my rec team could lose.  It's going to come down to Boston figuring out some key strategic coaching moves that play into our favor and the players rising their play to the highest level that they are capable of.  If a team can do those two things, I think that you *always* have got at least a chance.

Honestly the solution's as simple as "box out better and make some more open shots, including free throws".  Those really are the difference so far. Making it happen's another story though.

« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2017, 03:08:32 PM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219
We win in one or more of three ways:

1) Smart steps up another level
2) Brown emerges as a primary bench scorer
3) Isaiah scores 40+ in three or four straight games

As someone above said...
My heart believes, my brain don't.
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.