Poll

How Will This Series End? (CHI Leads 2-0 Now)

Celtics Win In 6 Or 7
54 (61.4%)
Bulls Sweep Or Win In 5
22 (25%)
Bulls Win In 6 or 7
12 (13.6%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Author Topic: Down 2-0, Do You Believe?  (Read 15839 times)

Down 2-0, Do You Believe?
« on: April 20, 2017, 12:29:58 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Reality is, only way for Boston to win this series or at least force a Game 7 is taking 2 out of 3 AT Chicago. Won't be easy at all but it's not impossible.

Hopefully having the extra day off here allows the team to re-group and re-focus, and let IT handle his own things with his family for a bit.

What do you guys think happens rest of the way?

MY PREDICTION: Unfortunately, Bulls In 6

REASON: Just don't think BOS can take 2 out of 3 @Chicago, and they'll still get out rebounded in most of these games. I hope they prove me wrong but unless IT can start scoring 40+, it's likely over. Frustrating to see Lopez hit all these open 15-18 footers but the Celtics missing them on the other end... I do think BOS takes one of the games @CHI and at least avoids the sweep, if that means anything.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 01:24:58 PM by Phantom255x »
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Re: Down 2-0, Do You Believe?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2017, 12:33:00 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
Don't forget that the only other 1 seed to go down 0-2 in the first round was the '93 Suns, who wound up winning the series and going to the Finals.

Celtics are still in this. This is the same team I thought could win in 5. So nothing has changed. They still have to win 4 out of 5 games and I think they'll do it.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2017, 12:40:38 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
If I'm being honest, I don't really believe. I did after Game 1, but Game 2 was a heartless mess. It was a great run, but I really only trust IT at this point, and he's dealing with some heavy issues right now. I don't think we will get swept, but I do expect us to lose in five or six games.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2017, 12:54:04 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Based on what we've seen so far it looks like our only hope is that our team gets hot from outside while their role players go cold, or Isaiah just goes off for thirty five, forty points.

Pack the paint, box out at all costs, and make Jimmy, Wade, and Rondo beat you with jumpers.

I don't have a lot of confidence in the team to hit their shots or execute a game plan at this point, so my feeling is this is over in five, maybe six.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2017, 12:58:49 PM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
Ainge said criticism of Stevens is fair but he doesn't agree.

He also said "we haven't been dominated either game" Um, err...has he been at the Red Claws games or the Celtics games? Seriously?

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2017, 01:04:15 PM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
Do I still believe?

*shrugs shoulders* yeah, i guess

But seriously, we see series every year change dramatically. This Celtics team in particular is capable of looking worse than Philadelphia and Phoenix and then beating Golden State and Cleveland. Never really know which version is going to show up. I wouldn't be surprised to see them win the next three, lose at Chicago, and then have the series come down to the wire in game seven. Karma strikes back in the final seconds as Jimmy Butler gets called for a phantom call on Isaiah with the Bulls up by 1 and .7 seconds on the clock. IT hits both free throws and the Bulls miss their last second heave.

We have no idea what the rest of the series will be like, even if it feels like we do right now.

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2017, 01:05:59 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
Can't lie I am a AB doubter, but i am dissapointed he didn't prove me wrong, i wont want to keep him if we lose
same for JC

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2017, 01:06:32 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
No.
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2017, 01:15:59 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 324
Ainge said criticism of Stevens is fair but he doesn't agree.

He also said "we haven't been dominated either game" Um, err...has he been at the Red Claws games or the Celtics games? Seriously?

Yeah, I have to disagree with him. They haven't been losing by a ton, but the deficits were much bigger than what the scoreboard indicated. In fact, when they entered the fourth quarter of Game 2 trailing by 11, I felt that it might as well have been 30, because at that point, making up 11 points was like climbing Everest.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2017, 01:18:14 PM »

Offline Diggles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 46
I think part of the let down is that the Bulls starting 5 is better than us.   But our team is a better team.....  I mean they proved it.  I have been watching the other games and it seems to me that each team has roll players stepping up.   Except the OKC. 

I think we are not executing and finishing.   I think the team should travel w/ IT.   Support him, and then go to Chicago and play hard.  Win or lose they need to come together for the future.    Show the world what brother hood on a team is.  Life is bigger than BBall.   If they win along the way, I can see the Celtics become a contender next year.   The heart and soul of brother hood can win anything. 
Diggles

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2017, 01:20:22 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
I would believe if we were the underdogs and we lost two away games by having two home games to ourselves.

But now we blew not one but two home games and we're required to play two games on the road. My gut feeling tells me that we may have seen our last game at the TD Garden this past Tuesday.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2017, 01:21:44 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
It's difficult to see the Celtics coming back and winning this series, not the way they're being physically dominated on the boards. Not the way our tiny guards are surrendering a path into the paint.

Yes... they could have a game or two where our outside shooting explodes, and the ball takes a Celtic bounce off the rim, but winning 4 games? Fingers crossed.

I started the season with optimism, and I'll try to finish it the same way.

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2017, 01:22:11 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Can't lie I am a AB doubter, but i am dissapointed he didn't prove me wrong, i wont want to keep him if we lose
same for JC

Would've seriously sent a package including Bradley and Crowder for one of those two obvious-mentioned stars.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2017, 01:25:41 PM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
I think the Celtics have a >50% chance of winning each game in the remainder of the series.

Nonetheless: Bulls in 6.

« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2017, 01:30:07 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
I'm strangely confident about this game 3.

I've had a strange feeling we'd underperform at home the first two games and play better on the road, so hopefully that feeling pans out.

Also, being the underdog now I expect the C's to bring much more energy than they have the first two games, along with some needed, if late, adjustments to the rotation by Brad. I also expect Chicago to let their foot off the gas a bit.

So I ultimately see game 4 as the deciding game in this series. Of course, I could be wrong and we could come out in game 3 just as soft as we've been in the first games. And if that's the case and we lose game 3, then I hope that we just get swept to make it clear to Danny that this core should be deconstructed and we don't need to be paying big money or maxing out any of these vets.