Author Topic: Is there any way to get Jokic from Denver  (Read 1565 times)

Is there any way to get Jokic from Denver
« on: April 20, 2017, 10:09:00 AM »

Offline Humble G

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 983
I think if we could trade for Jokic and sign hayward.......I would be thrilled!

But at what cost?
Would denver do a trade like this?
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=n386srx

Draft night 3 way trade:

Denver OUT: Jokic
IN: Jaylen Brown, Bjelica(from Minnesota), Bkn 17 pick

Minnesota OUT: Bjelica
IN: Crowder

Boston OUT: Jay brown, crowder, 17 pick
IN: Jokic

whys?

Denver: Gets Fultz or Ball then turn around and draft Giles or Allen plus they get 2 solid rookies with great potential

Minnesota: loses a promising PF but they are loaded in that area and they get a tough vet in crowder with a great controlled contract. Crowder can slide into a better-suited bench role or start at SF with Wiggins at the SG.... Rubio/Wiggins/Crowder/Dieng/Towns

Boston: GETS a BIG that rebounds and is young!

IT/Bradley/Hayward(sign FA)/Horford/Jokic

*not sure about salaries and such but works on trade machine lol plus Denver and Sota have cap space

Re: Is there any way to get Jokic from Denver
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2017, 10:15:39 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
You want to ship out Brown, Crowder and a top 4 2017 pick for Jokic. LOL. No.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2017, 10:22:12 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
Jokic is 22 and is Denver's best player. They're not trading him.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2017, 10:23:36 AM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
Is there any way to get Jokic from Denver?

:) ;) :D ;D :laugh:

No.

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2017, 10:24:29 AM »

Offline Humble G

• Bill Walton

I am not as high as most on here about Brown but I agree its an overpay but I'm not sure Denver does it for much less....maybe could do a 2017 pick swap with them.

I would see if Denver was interested in crowder and the 17 pick for Jokic first....but the proposed trade is the max I would do.

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2017, 10:25:07 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
They moved Nurkic to build around Jokic as their big man, so the answer is NO.

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2017, 10:29:15 AM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156

Denver says no. Jokic is a top 10 player in the NBA. Just watch next year the Nuggets will be top 4 in the West book it.

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2017, 11:21:06 AM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777
A top 5 all round big man at age 22?

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2017, 11:23:44 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

Denver says no. Jokic is a top 10 player in the NBA. Just watch next year the Nuggets will be top 4 in the West book it.
I'm also convinced that Denver says no, but that doesn't necessarily make it a good trade for us if they said yes.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2017, 12:27:30 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Nope.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2017, 12:53:25 PM »

Offline Humble G

• Bill Walton
Yea I thought it would be impossible to trade for him but man would he be perfect here

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2017, 01:11:24 PM »

Offline OldSchoolDude

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 79
Yea I thought it would be impossible to trade for him but man would he be perfect here

On a positive note, Zizic was a little better statistically at 18 and the early part of turning 19, in the same league, then Jokic was at 20 before he was drafted.  That's why Zizic went in the first round and Jokic went in the second.  Then when Zizic started this season at 19, still a year younger than Jokic he completely dominated the center position Statistically, posting much better numbers than Jokic ever did and even better than Nurkic who denver took first in the same draft they got Jokic second.   Then at 20 Zizic played in the top level Euro league, something Jokic never did, and while not as dominant he did better than just hold is own.  So I'm very excited to see what Zizic can do in the NBA and I believe that Danny  passed on some trades for Big men that would have depleted our cap space because he believes that Zizic can be a quality starter in the NBA.

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2017, 01:23:38 PM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
Was kicking around the idea of Jokic the other day. I'm not entirely sure he's untouchable for a package centered around the 2018 pick.

The theory being they can resign Plumlee to a 3 year high dollar extension as a stopgap, use the 2018 pick to try to lock of one of the stud big men in that draft, and reap the other assets that we'd need to include in this deal (Jaylen? Zizic? Rozier? Memphis Pick?)

Meanwhile we lock up our starting Center and solidify our starting 5.

...or Denver could just keep Jokic and keep that upward trajectory they've got going.

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2017, 01:23:48 PM »

Offline Humble G

• Bill Walton

On a positive note, Zizic was a little better statistically at 18 and the early part of turning 19, in the same league, then Jokic was at 20 before he was drafted.  That's why Zizic went in the first round and Jokic went in the second.  Then when Zizic started this season at 19, still a year younger than Jokic he completely dominated the center position Statistically, posting much better numbers than Jokic ever did and even better than Nurkic who denver took first in the same draft they got Jokic second.   Then at 20 Zizic played in the top level Euro league, something Jokic never did, and while not as dominant he did better than just hold is own.  So I'm very excited to see what Zizic can do in the NBA and I believe that Danny  passed on some trades for Big men that would have depleted our cap space because he believes that Zizic can be a quality starter in the NBA.

TP Thanks for the shot of positivity!  I think we all need multiple shots daily right now lol