Author Topic: Rondo out indefinitely with fractured thumb  (Read 6921 times)

Re: Rondo out indefinitely with fractured thumb
« Reply #60 on: April 21, 2017, 04:01:25 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

OMG! It's true! Coach Hoiberg said he broke it on Olynyk's Elbow! Too funny!

So does this mean we are going to resign the guy for all he does for us that doesn't show up on a stat sheet!?!  ;D
so much for his reputation as being soft.  ;D
Soft?

I won't say so..

The league will probably look into that and if they think it's intentional he is gone lol.  ;D
nah, Id be shocked.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #61 on: April 21, 2017, 04:03:13 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
Wow, this is big. I think this flips the series, because not only did I think we'd actually come to play in Chicago, Rondo's absence is going to take away one of their main matchup advantages against us.

Matt Moore just posted an article that argued a lot of our rebounding issues are on our guards, specifically IT and AB, as much as our bigs. And in the video proof, both of them don't even look like they're attempting to go for boards. I'd say IT's sister's death had a lot to do with that; he's not shown very much energy since that happened.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/nba-playoffs-the-celtics-rebounding-issues-vs-the-bulls-start-with-their-guards/

What's also interesting in that article is Amir's rebounding stats compared to JJ's rebounding stats, albeit in a small sample size. I really hope we play more JJ and less of Amir. We just matchup so much better with them that way, especially with Rondo out now and him feeding their bigs easy looks no longer an issue.

« Reply #62 on: April 21, 2017, 04:08:05 PM »

Offline celtics2030

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 72
Wow, this is big. I think this flips the series, because not only did I think we'd actually come to play in Chicago, Rondo's absence is going to take away one of their main matchup advantages against us.

Matt Moore just posted an article that argued a lot of our rebounding issues are on our guards, specifically IT and AB, as much as our bigs. And in the video proof, both of them don't even look like they're attempting to go for boards. I'd say IT's sister's death had a lot to do with that; he's not shown very much energy since that happened.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/nba-playoffs-the-celtics-rebounding-issues-vs-the-bulls-start-with-their-guards/

What's also interesting in that article is Amir's rebounding stats compared to JJ's rebounding stats, albeit in a small sample size. I really hope we play more JJ and less of Amir. We just matchup so much better with them that way, especially with Rondo out now and him feeding their bigs easy looks no longer an issue.

Grant is going to destroy us on offense. Watch.

« Reply #63 on: April 21, 2017, 04:13:24 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
or maybe not. as i posted on the previous page of this thread, in the 27 minutes when grant played, chicago has been outscored by the celtics by 9.7 points per 100 possessions, worst of any bulls player who's seen action.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #64 on: April 21, 2017, 04:19:04 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
Game 1 was Portis
Game 2 was Zipser
Game 3 will be Grant
Game 4 will be Felicio

Bulls players that have and will explode sigh lol

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #65 on: April 21, 2017, 04:32:08 PM »

Offline ashanm10

• NGT
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 11
  • Ahsan from Greece :D Panathinaikos and Celtics Fan
Seriously, we should at least win one
🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀

Banner 18...and BEYOND!!!

« Reply #66 on: April 21, 2017, 10:40:25 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • bammokja

Grant is going to destroy us on offense. Watch.

geez, i guess not.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #67 on: April 22, 2017, 10:31:22 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • bammokja
Game 1 was Portis
Game 2 was Zipser
Game 3 will be Grant
Game 4 will be Felicio

Bulls players that have and will explode sigh lol
gee, i guess not.  ;D
- Vandana Shiva