Author Topic: zizic playoffs darassafuka vs real madrid  (Read 15183 times)

Re: zizic playoffs darassafuka vs real madrid
« Reply #90 on: April 28, 2017, 03:44:47 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
Thanks, Emmette. That pass in particular was what caused me to say how his passing skills seemed to be improving. He is maturing rapidly as a player. Really excited about him coming to Boston. He will make a perfect back up to Al Horford. His game reminds me of Al's, especially in the low post. Obviously does not have the court awareness or outside range of Al, yet. But what a great prototype for him to get training under.  They physically very similar: Long arms. Not much spring, move similarly.  As much as I have enjoyed this season, and hope we continue deep into the playoffs, I can't wait for next year's team, with guys like Zizic, Yabu and our top draft pick joining the fold. Maybe even a max FA. Wow.
Zizic has way more nasty and he's got quite some more bounce than Al, they don't strike me as similar. Also Zizic is like 7'0 while Al is like 6'10 (iirc Zizic has a 9 foot plus standing reach so yeah they aren't really similar)

Height differential: 1" (Al is 6'10", Zizic is 6'11").  Pretty close
Wing span: 7'1" (Al) v. 7'2.5" (Zizic). Pretty close
Bounce:  31"/35.5" All v. 25"/27" Zizic: You are in fantasy land saying Zizic has quite some more bounce.
Standing reach: 8'11" Al v. 9'3" Zizic: I was surprised Zizic has that much more standing reach, but it's negated by his poor jumping ability relative to Al.

Look, I didn't say they were the same player. My initial comparison to Zizic was Perk in terms of his build, his nastiness, even his gate on the court. I think Zizic is a slightly better athlete than Perk in his youth, and will have far more offensive development, but you get the gist.

Al is a good role model for Zizic because he will help him develop more of an outside game, and become a point center, which is what Brad Stevens offense dictates. Stevens loves to run the offense from the center position at the high post.   The above measurements only confirm that the two have similar builds, being long relative to their height, having a post up game, being able to score with either hand.  Zizic will likely be a better rebounder than Al, and his standing reach is impressive, especially defending the low block, and makes up for his lack of bounce.

If you got Zizic's measurements from a draft site, then they're from when he was 18.  He went to Euro camp at 18, but he didn't go at 19 the year he was drafted and now he's 20, so he may be 7' now.  I believe that the news media refers to him as 7' but they tend do that for guys 6'11 too.
He may have gotten taller, not that I have heard anything. But he was at last years EUROCAMP in June 2016 when he was 19 and was measured there.

http://www.sportando.com/en/usa/nba/201586/adidas-eurocamp-announces-2016-player-roster.html
http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Ante-Zizic-68722/

« Reply #91 on: April 28, 2017, 04:33:57 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
Thanks, Emmette. That pass in particular was what caused me to say how his passing skills seemed to be improving. He is maturing rapidly as a player. Really excited about him coming to Boston. He will make a perfect back up to Al Horford. His game reminds me of Al's, especially in the low post. Obviously does not have the court awareness or outside range of Al, yet. But what a great prototype for him to get training under.  They physically very similar: Long arms. Not much spring, move similarly.  As much as I have enjoyed this season, and hope we continue deep into the playoffs, I can't wait for next year's team, with guys like Zizic, Yabu and our top draft pick joining the fold. Maybe even a max FA. Wow.
Zizic has way more nasty and he's got quite some more bounce than Al, they don't strike me as similar. Also Zizic is like 7'0 while Al is like 6'10 (iirc Zizic has a 9 foot plus standing reach so yeah they aren't really similar)

Height differential: 1" (Al is 6'10", Zizic is 6'11").  Pretty close
Wing span: 7'1" (Al) v. 7'2.5" (Zizic). Pretty close
Bounce:  31"/35.5" All v. 25"/27" Zizic: You are in fantasy land saying Zizic has quite some more bounce.
Standing reach: 8'11" Al v. 9'3" Zizic: I was surprised Zizic has that much more standing reach, but it's negated by his poor jumping ability relative to Al.

Look, I didn't say they were the same player. My initial comparison to Zizic was Perk in terms of his build, his nastiness, even his gate on the court. I think Zizic is a slightly better athlete than Perk in his youth, and will have far more offensive development, but you get the gist.

Al is a good role model for Zizic because he will help him develop more of an outside game, and become a point center, which is what Brad Stevens offense dictates. Stevens loves to run the offense from the center position at the high post.   The above measurements only confirm that the two have similar builds, being long relative to their height, having a post up game, being able to score with either hand.  Zizic will likely be a better rebounder than Al, and his standing reach is impressive, especially defending the low block, and makes up for his lack of bounce.
Apologies I was impressed by Zizic going up for rebounds (seemed like he was a pretty good jumper, but he's only jumping like 2.5 inches higher than a 15 year old Chinese teenager in HK that still has baby fat in no step vertical and only an inch higher in max vertical)...
Standing reach is an important measurement. You can calculate many things using standing reach but among them is "No step reach" and "Max Reach". In the DX database there are guards/small forwards that have a higher no-step reach/max-reach than many high rebounding/blocking 4's and 5's.
My point is that it is easier, quicker, and more effective to snatch a rebound/block a shot using your length. Bending the knees and spending the time to "out-jump" an opponent will cost you valuable time and hurt your timing for the rebound/block.

Example, Robin Lopez has a 7'5'' wingspan and a 9'5'' standing reach(anything 9'5'' and/ or above is the ultimate in standing reaches....very rare), he is not particularly athletic at all under 30'' max vertical after coming out of college and under a 27'' no step vertical out of college...not now. Besides being 260lbs and possessing elite length, Lopez does not have a skill or athletic ability that separates himself from anyone on our team. Yet even when boxed out/bodies up Lopez is dangerous for a rebound/tip in/slap out(one handed rebound-kickout) whenever he is in close proximity to the rim or in the paint.

« Reply #92 on: April 28, 2017, 10:44:09 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
TP Future Celtics Owner
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA