Author Topic: zizic playoffs darassafuka vs real madrid  (Read 15103 times)

Re: zizic playoffs darassafuka vs real madrid
« Reply #75 on: April 28, 2017, 08:44:47 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
Game 5 starts in 3:45 hours. Rooting for him to enter the Final 4.
I hope he gives a dangerous Real team a strong dose of Antedote! :D
My nickname proposal.
lol

TP for The Antedote!
Tnx, I thought about it, something short, catchy, it also involves his name and most of all, we are hoping that he is going to cure our rebounding difficulties.
The Antedote!

"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #76 on: April 28, 2017, 09:31:57 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Thanks, Emmette. That pass in particular was what caused me to say how his passing skills seemed to be improving. He is maturing rapidly as a player. Really excited about him coming to Boston. He will make a perfect back up to Al Horford. His game reminds me of Al's, especially in the low post. Obviously does not have the court awareness or outside range of Al, yet. But what a great prototype for him to get training under.  They physically very similar: Long arms. Not much spring, move similarly.  As much as I have enjoyed this season, and hope we continue deep into the playoffs, I can't wait for next year's team, with guys like Zizic, Yabu and our top draft pick joining the fold. Maybe even a max FA. Wow.
Zizic has way more nasty and he's got quite some more bounce than Al, they don't strike me as similar. Also Zizic is like 7'0 while Al is like 6'10 (iirc Zizic has a 9 foot plus standing reach so yeah they aren't really similar)

Height differential: 1" (Al is 6'10", Zizic is 6'11").  Pretty close
Wing span: 7'1" (Al) v. 7'2.5" (Zizic). Pretty close
Bounce:  31"/35.5" All v. 25"/27" Zizic: You are in fantasy land saying Zizic has quite some more bounce.
Standing reach: 8'11" Al v. 9'3" Zizic: I was surprised Zizic has that much more standing reach, but it's negated by his poor jumping ability relative to Al.

Look, I didn't say they were the same player. My initial comparison to Zizic was Perk in terms of his build, his nastiness, even his gate on the court. I think Zizic is a slightly better athlete than Perk in his youth, and will have far more offensive development, but you get the gist.

Al is a good role model for Zizic because he will help him develop more of an outside game, and become a point center, which is what Brad Stevens offense dictates. Stevens loves to run the offense from the center position at the high post.   The above measurements only confirm that the two have similar builds, being long relative to their height, having a post up game, being able to score with either hand.  Zizic will likely be a better rebounder than Al, and his standing reach is impressive, especially defending the low block, and makes up for his lack of bounce.

« Reply #77 on: April 28, 2017, 09:48:48 AM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567
Thanks, Emmette. That pass in particular was what caused me to say how his passing skills seemed to be improving. He is maturing rapidly as a player. Really excited about him coming to Boston. He will make a perfect back up to Al Horford. His game reminds me of Al's, especially in the low post. Obviously does not have the court awareness or outside range of Al, yet. But what a great prototype for him to get training under.  They physically very similar: Long arms. Not much spring, move similarly.  As much as I have enjoyed this season, and hope we continue deep into the playoffs, I can't wait for next year's team, with guys like Zizic, Yabu and our top draft pick joining the fold. Maybe even a max FA. Wow.
Zizic has way more nasty and he's got quite some more bounce than Al, they don't strike me as similar. Also Zizic is like 7'0 while Al is like 6'10 (iirc Zizic has a 9 foot plus standing reach so yeah they aren't really similar)

Bounce:  31"/35.5" All v. 25"/27" Zizic: You are in fantasy land saying Zizic has quite some more bounce.
Standing reach: 8'11" Al v. 9'3" Zizic: I was surprised Zizic has that much more standing reach, but it's negated by his poor jumping ability relative to Al.

Look, I didn't say they were the same player. My initial comparison to Zizic was Perk in terms of his build, his nastiness, even his gate on the court. I think Zizic is a slightly better athlete than Perk in his youth, and will have far more offensive development, but you get the gist.

Al is a good role model for Zizic because he will help him develop more of an outside game, and become a point center, which is what Brad Stevens offense dictates. Stevens loves to run the offense from the center position at the high post.   The above measurements only confirm that the two have similar builds, being long relative to their height, having a post up game, being able to score with either hand.  Zizic will likely be a better rebounder than Al, and his standing reach is impressive, especially defending the low block, and makes up for his lack of bounce.

I don't think the physical stats matter as much here. There are a few dozen guys in the NBA with similar sizes to Al but whose games don't come anywhere close to his. Al was known coming out of college as a mobile weak side defender with a 12-15 foot jump shot and having an NBA body.

I don't see Zizic with the same game. He's got a significantly bigger frame but doesn't move side-to-side nearly as well as Al, nor does he have the same hops. He's not as aware defensively. He's actually much more similar to Ty Zeller in both size and game (though without Z's alligator arms and with significantly more upside). Zizic doesn't seem to see the court as well as Al (few big men do) and his game is much more of a low post one. Still, it doesn't hurt to learn from a guy like Horford - a locker room professional with a well rounded game - even if that's not the way he'll ultimately play.

If Zizic comes in and plays 20 minutes a game, grabs 5-6 boards and can play some decent defense next season then I'll be quite pleased with his progress. 
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #78 on: April 28, 2017, 09:55:54 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis

I don't think the physical stats matter as much here. There are a few dozen guys in the NBA with similar sizes to Al but whose games don't come anywhere close to his. Al was known coming out of college as a mobile weak side defender with a 12-15 foot jump shot and having an NBA body.

I don't see Zizic with the same game. He's got a significantly bigger frame but doesn't move side-to-side nearly as well as Al, nor does he have the same hops. He's not as aware defensively. He's actually much more similar to Ty Zeller in both size and game (though without Z's alligator arms and with significantly more upside). Zizic doesn't seem to see the court as well as Al (few big men do) and his game is much more of a low post one. Still, it doesn't hurt to learn from a guy like Horford - a locker room professional with a well rounded game - even if that's not the way he'll ultimately play.

If Zizic comes in and plays 20 minutes a game, grabs 5-6 boards and can play some decent defense next season then I'll be quite pleased with his progress.

Fair enough.  We both agree that Al is going to be a good mentor/role model for the kid.

When I watch Zizic play, the last guy I think of is Zeller.  Here the physical differences are important. Zizic appears much stronger, has longer arms, much better standing reach, etc.

I see Perk, with more offensive upside.

« Reply #79 on: April 28, 2017, 10:02:46 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269

I can just about ASSURE you that Al does not currently have a 35.5" vertical!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I would be SHOCKED IF he had a 30" vertical currently!!!

Smitty77

« Reply #80 on: April 28, 2017, 10:52:01 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

Apologies I was impressed by Zizic going up for rebounds (seemed like he was a pretty good jumper, but he's only jumping like 2.5 inches higher than a 15 year old Chinese teenager in HK that still has baby fat in no step vertical and only an inch higher in max vertical)...
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #81 on: April 28, 2017, 10:55:49 AM »

Online jambr380

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1755
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Here is a passage from Horford's 2007 pre-draft workout from nbadraft.net:

6. Al Horford 6-10 244 PF Florida Jr.

What he did well: As expected, Horford was by far the strongest player at the combine, benching 185 lbs a staggering 20 times. He stood close to 6’10’’ and weighed a rock-solid 244 lbs. Horford also possessed a 35’’ vertical and a wingspan of over 7’0’’.

What he struggled with: His sprint time of 3.37 was average at best and his second to last lane agility of 12.15 raises some eyebrows. Despite those slow times, this workout showcased his strength, length, and athleticism and should only help his draft stock.

So, unless Al's vertical has miraculously remained the same throughout his entire career, it is fair to say that it has decreased a few inches.

The second paragraph is most interesting as he showed to have horrible lane agility. This is something he clearly worked on. From the eye test, Zizic appears to cover ground well from side to side and obviously possesses a great motor. This should help him get minutes right away on the Cs.

No matter what, Al is a great mentor for any young big because of his hard work and professionalism.

« Reply #82 on: April 28, 2017, 12:10:50 PM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
My nickname proposal.
lol

TP for The Antedote!
Tnx, I thought about it, something short, catchy, it also involves his name and most of all, we are hoping that he is going to cure our rebounding difficulties.
The Antedote!
Game 4 starts now.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #83 on: April 28, 2017, 12:15:13 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
My nickname proposal.
lol

TP for The Antedote!
The Antedote!
Game 4 starts now.
Does TRT carry it?
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #84 on: April 28, 2017, 12:27:42 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 736
Maybe this is recency bias but Zizic kind of looks like a Robin Lopez type with a better touch around the rim, no?
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #85 on: April 28, 2017, 12:31:13 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Maybe this is recency bias but Zizic kind of looks like a Robin Lopez type with a better touch around the rim, no?
I find him considerably more skilled already. Lopez is a banger with hands of stone.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #86 on: April 28, 2017, 01:00:02 PM »

Offline OldSchoolDude

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 79

If you got Zizic's measurements from a draft site, then they're from when he was 18.  He went to Euro camp at 18, but he didn't go at 19 the year he was drafted and now he's 20, so he may be 7' now.  I believe that the news media refers to him as 7' but they tend do that for guys 6'11 too.

« Reply #87 on: April 28, 2017, 01:14:53 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
Euro camp 2016 he measured 6'11.5" in shoes per DE.

« Reply #88 on: April 28, 2017, 01:28:21 PM »

Offline OldSchoolDude

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 79
Euro camp 2016 he measured 6'11.5" in shoes per DE.

My bad, I was sure he didn't go last summer.  I knew he came for the draft but I thought that was it.  I thought we worked him out in Europe because he couldn't get to America do do any workouts. Maybe it was Bender that didn't go to Euro camp. 

« Reply #89 on: April 28, 2017, 03:28:47 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
when porzingis came over he marveled at training facilities
porzingis started to fill out and added muscle

i have no idea what a 7 footer should be working on  to increase vertical or lateral
maybe trainers are cautious over knees rather than pushing for vertical