Author Topic: zizic playoffs darassafuka vs real madrid  (Read 15140 times)

zizic playoffs darassafuka vs real madrid
« on: April 19, 2017, 03:54:41 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
plays 6 min first half 3 offensive rebounds 2 defensive
2 pts but two fouls
but those three offensive boards in 6 minutes
darassafuka 37-- real madrid 36

Re: zizic playoffs darassafuka vs real madrid
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2017, 08:40:55 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
darussafaka loses to real madrid in first of 5 playoff- 83-75
zizic played 13 minutes scored 5 points and had 3 offensive  and 3 defensive boards-one monster dunk on a cut-leading rebounder for darussafaka with 6

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2017, 08:52:23 PM »

Offline mahcus smaht

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 4
zizic played 13 minutes scored 5 points and had 3 offensive  and 3 defensive boards-one monster dunk on a cut-leading rebounder for darussafaka with 6
lol how do you lead the team in rebounds in 13 minutes?

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2017, 08:57:17 PM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 375
Can we add him to our playoff roster?  :'(

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2017, 09:02:34 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
And this is why Danny is reluctant to add bigs this season. While this current core is getting exposed in the playoffs big time, he would provide needs for this team next season. Adding guys like Ibaka or Noel would only steal his development minutes.

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2017, 09:13:38 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
lol how do you lead the team in rebounds in 13 minutes?

Not sure if it's true but I heard that league kind of leave rookies on the bench in favor of vets no matter if they are the better option.

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2017, 09:26:14 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
And this is why Danny is reluctant to add bigs this season. While this current core is getting exposed in the playoffs big time, he would provide needs for this team next season. Adding guys like Ibaka or Noel would only steal his development minutes.
I think Danny was reluctant to add anyone during the season because he wants to have to option to offer a max contract this coming summer. I doubt he's worried about a 20 year old's minutes next season.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2017, 09:32:10 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
I think Danny was reluctant to add anyone during the season because he wants to have to option to offer a max contract this coming summer. I doubt he's worried about a 20 year old's minutes next season.

I agree on both counts, perhaps salary for another max + the arrival of Yabu and Zizic...I'm still making the comparison that Zizic kinda reminds me of Valucinus

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2017, 09:55:27 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald

I agree on both counts, perhaps salary for another max + the arrival of Yabu and Zizic...I'm still making the comparison that Zizic kinda reminds me of Valucinus

Zizic looks more agile than JV and capable of guarding the perimeter.

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2017, 02:53:27 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
I think Danny was reluctant to add anyone during the season because he wants to have to option to offer a max contract this coming summer. I doubt he's worried about a 20-year old's minutes next season.

I agree on both counts, perhaps salary for another max + the arrival of Yabu and Zizic...I'm still making the comparison that Zizic kinda reminds me of Valuciunas
I think that in 2 years Žižić will be a better that JV.
I project him as a good defensive center by then, which Valenciunas, now in his prime, isn't. Žižić has a lower center of gravity, therefore he moves quicker, also just by my eye test his pound of muscle is worth more than JVs pound. He doesn't have that Lithuanian touch gene, (they seem to be draining shots in their minds while still in their mother's bellies), but that can be tightened.
You guys will love him, humble, competitive, hard worker, great frame, and off course he rebounds like he wants to take the air out of a basketball 100 times in a row. All that for a slavers 4-year contract.
Žižić is not JV, no similarities, except that they are white European centers.
The closest comparison IMO is Steven Adams, no-nonsense physical center.
Less dirty (good way dirty), I guess cause Steve played rugby and learned the little annoying tricks there, but Ante adds vertical spacing dimension (plays above the rim more, catches lobs).
Yes - that's why we don't do a quick fix move for a half-done overpaid vet big.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 04:32:42 AM by Androslav »
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2017, 05:40:11 AM »

Offline obnoxiousmime

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 258

Yes, but who is there to acquire? I don't see any obvious good fits for our roster.

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2017, 05:46:44 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald

Yes, but who is there to acquire? I don't see any obvious good fits for our roster.

Durant (if he decided to opt out), Griffin, Hayward and Millsap (if anything else fails) will be a great fit for this team.

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2017, 06:12:54 AM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167

Durant (if he decided to opt out), Griffin, Hayward and Millsap (if anything else fails) will be a great fit for this team.

I won't mind to have the "if anything else fails" Millsap option as FA.
That would be a better Hawk team with a brilliant young team to develop the next 4 years (Smart, Brown, Rozier, Zizic, Yabusele, Nader, 2017 & 2018 picks).

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2017, 06:48:02 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

I could definitely see that happening if the Warriors lose to the Spurs
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2017, 12:59:58 PM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
https://youtu.be/bHke63H8ru4
Tomasz was busy. Žižićs highlights
"The joy of the balling under the rims."