Author Topic: zizic playoffs darassafuka vs real madrid  (Read 15190 times)

Re: zizic playoffs darassafuka vs real madrid
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2017, 05:06:26 PM »

Offline sahara

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 84
Zizic ends up with 17/8 in 24 minutes with the win  8)

Against the best team in Europe. The kid is impressive.

That dunk. Impressive.

« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2017, 05:20:57 PM »

Offline Walter Moss

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 37
Ante's highlights vs Real Madrid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJCZb1vyUFU

« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2017, 05:30:46 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Skills are probably above average for a big at this stage of his career. Two things:

1. He won't be able to drive like this in the NBA.
2. Will clearly have to figure defensive 3 seconds.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2017, 05:31:51 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I like how he takes up space down low and does not fear contact.  Finally a guy, who knows how to create space with his elbows.

« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2017, 05:34:03 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

That dunk. Impressive.
Which one? There were at least two impressive ones.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2017, 05:43:26 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Good hands

No fear of standing in there with nads .......are you watching Kelly ? ..... :-X

« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2017, 06:24:17 PM »

Online blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1474
Nice highlights but hard to really get a good take on him until he is playing NBA minutes.  He does seem to be slowly improving his touch around the rim, and isn't afraid to take it to the bucket.
Where does he project for us next year?  1st big off the bench if we are lucky?

« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2017, 02:37:03 AM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics

That dunk. Impressive.

At 1:08. 

« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2017, 02:51:43 AM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
Zizic gonna be taking Kelly's #41 next season.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2017, 07:13:13 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533

That dunk. Impressive.
The one that he takes the ball and just posterizes everyone in his way!

But this guy looks promising. Could be a great rotation player. He has a little "nasty" in him, something this team lacks imo.

« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2017, 07:19:09 AM »

Online CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420

Its even more impressive to look up the names of the bigs he he playing against in the highlights. All players in their late 20s who at least sniffed the NBA. Ayon, Reyes, Hunter and Thompkins. I suspect Zizic earns a 15-18 min a game rotational spot next year and especially gets minutes against teams with true centers like the Bulls, Nets and Raptors.

On a side note I wouldn't mind seeing the Cs give Anthony Randolph another shot in the NBA. He is still only 28 and has played well on REAL Madrid averaged 10pt 5rb 1blk in 20min. Replacing Jerebko with Randolph would bring an interesting length dynamic to the 2nd unit.

Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2017, 07:35:30 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
BTW Dončić played 6 mins so far. 0/3 fgs.
6 Asissts, 0 tos, 4 rebs.
There is always that last BKN pick...

Well I wasn't really impressed with Doncic, especially with all the hype(rewatched the whole game once I heard Zizic performed). I mean he's very skilled and he's polished but he just doesn't seem to have that kind of killer instinct that greats in the nba have (who are compared to Doncic by some hypebeasts, don't really think we should take him if Ayton and Bamba are ever available assuming we get another high draft pick, though he'll at least be a good player). However I was impressed with Zizic especially him being a late first, we might've gotten a steal (it's looking like he can be a solid rotational player next year in the nba).
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2017, 07:35:32 AM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318

Its even more impressive to look up the names of the bigs he he playing against in the highlights. All players in their late 20s who at least sniffed the NBA. Ayon, Reyes, Hunter and Thompkins. I suspect Zizic earns a 15-18 min a game rotational spot next year and especially gets minutes against teams with true centers like the Bulls, Nets and Raptors.

On a side note I wouldn't mind seeing the Cs give Anthony Randolph another shot in the NBA. He is still only 28 and has played well on REAL Madrid averaged 10pt 5rb 1blk in 20min. Replacing Jerebko with Randolph would bring an interesting length dynamic to the 2nd unit.

TP. Could definitely see Randolph take the Gerald Green route and find his way back to the league. You could argue he was a bit ahead of his time and that his game fits better into the current NBA than the one he was trying to break into years back.

From the clips I've seen of him in Euroleague he has an edge to how he carries himself on the court now. Used to look pretty sleepy on the court IMO.

« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2017, 08:36:37 AM »

Offline obnoxiousmime

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 258
And this is why Danny is reluctant to add bigs this season. While this current core is getting exposed in the playoffs big time, he would provide needs for this team next season. Adding guys like Ibaka or Noel would only steal his development minutes.
I think Danny was reluctant to add anyone during the season because he wants to have to option to offer a max contract this coming summer. I doubt he's worried about a 20 year old's minutes next season.

Yes, but who is there to acquire? I don't see any obvious good fits for our roster.

Durant (if he decided to opt out), Griffin, Hayward and Millsap (if anything else fails) will be a great fit for this team.

I wasn't even considering Durant because why would he come here a year later? Griffin seems injury-prone and is too much of a repeat of Horford to invest so much money in. Also, personally I just don't enjoy watching him play.

Hayward wouldn't be a bad addition at all and I think the Celtics are going to pursue him. The issue is he's not a superstar and we would be paying him like one. We already did that with Horford and it will create issues down the road to have two guys who aren't superstars making the max on your team. It may not matter since there's really no reason for him not to re-sign in Utah. I was hoping a couple years ago that Utah would continue to be bad but unfortunately for us they did a good job team-building.

The problem with Millsap is he's just too old. By October he will be 32.5 years old and I just don't want to give someone that age a big deal. Maybe if the team were closer to being a real contender?

I don't mind Ibaka but he doesn't actually help our rebounding much so he's not a great fit. Noel would be ideal, I think the Celtics will play the hometown card and try to get him but being a restricted FA you're definitely going to have to overpay.

Anyway, that's why I'm not very optimistic about this FA class. First off, there aren't any real superstars available that would actually come here. Second, the remaining ones aren't obvious fits for this team but would definitely be making the new max.

It stinks because this was their last year to get someone in under the cap before Isaiah and Bradley get raises. If they don't get someone in there before that, they will have wasted the opportunity. They could always trade, but obviously that would cost assets. Also, as we've seen already this year Eastern teams with potentially available guys are not keen on trading their stars within the Conference to a team on the rise like Boston. They're going to make Boston overpay.

Fortunately, Smart at this point doesn't look like he will demand a huge deal next year! So there's a positive for not drafting a star. *Whew*

« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2017, 08:48:09 AM »

Offline NHCelticsFan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 179
And this is why Danny is reluctant to add bigs this season. While this current core is getting exposed in the playoffs big time, he would provide needs for this team next season. Adding guys like Ibaka or Noel would only steal his development minutes.
I think Danny was reluctant to add anyone during the season because he wants to have to option to offer a max contract this coming summer. I doubt he's worried about a 20 year old's minutes next season.

Yes, but who is there to acquire? I don't see any obvious good fits for our roster.

Durant (if he decided to opt out), Griffin, Hayward and Millsap (if anything else fails) will be a great fit for this team.

I wasn't even considering Durant because why would he come here a year later? Griffin seems injury-prone and is too much of a repeat of Horford to invest so much money in. Also, personally I just don't enjoy watching him play.

Hayward wouldn't be a bad addition at all and I think the Celtics are going to pursue him. The issue is he's not a superstar and we would be paying him like one. We already did that with Horford and it will create issues down the road to have two guys who aren't superstars making the max on your team. It may not matter since there's really no reason for him not to re-sign in Utah. I was hoping a couple years ago that Utah would continue to be bad but unfortunately for us they did a good job team-building.

The problem with Millsap is he's just too old. By October he will be 32.5 years old and I just don't want to give someone that age a big deal. Maybe if the team were closer to being a real contender?

I don't mind Ibaka but he doesn't actually help our rebounding much so he's not a great fit. Noel would be ideal, I think the Celtics will play the hometown card and try to get him but being a restricted FA you're definitely going to have to overpay.

Anyway, that's why I'm not very optimistic about this FA class. First off, there aren't any real superstars available that would actually come here. Second, the remaining ones aren't obvious fits for this team but would definitely be making the new max.

It stinks because this was their last year to get someone in under the cap before Isaiah and Bradley get raises. If they don't get someone in there before that, they will have wasted the opportunity. They could always trade, but obviously that would cost assets. Also, as we've seen already this year Eastern teams with potentially available guys are not keen on trading their stars within the Conference to a team on the rise like Boston. They're going to make Boston overpay.

Fortunately, Smart at this point doesn't look like he will demand a huge deal next year! So there's a positive for not drafting a star. *Whew*

Disagree on Hayward.  He is a star and if he hits free agency almost any team with cap space will be offering him a max contract.  He holds his own in defense, creates his own shot, can score inside and out, knock down threes or post up, handle the ball, and is now a (well-deserved) All Star.  He is entering his peak and would be a huge addition to this team.

Is he LeBron or Durant?  Of course not, but he is a star in this league and if we can sign him we need to go for it IMO.