Author Topic: Starters game #3  (Read 7042 times)

Re: Starters game #3
« Reply #60 on: April 21, 2017, 11:08:21 AM »

Offline green18!

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 2
Reading between the lines, I think it is going to be Jerebko. They need to replace Amir, and the choices are Zeller, small lineup of death, or Jerebko. My guess is that he picks the middle option in order to try to increase defensive intensity without giving up too much size.

I'm okay with that, but if Lopez starts to board Horford, he needs to go to Zeller to put a body on him.

« Reply #61 on: April 21, 2017, 05:51:09 PM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
Well someone is listening at Waltham. Stevens is going smaller with Green starting. I had the player wrong but the idea I like.

Let's get out and get up and down and be more athletic. Now who does Lopez cover? Haha

« Reply #62 on: April 21, 2017, 05:53:34 PM »

Offline JOMVP

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 100
Gerald drops 30 tonight. Lets go.

« Reply #63 on: April 21, 2017, 05:54:39 PM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
Gerald Green? This makes little sense to me. Hope Gerald proves me wrong.

« Reply #64 on: April 21, 2017, 06:00:40 PM »

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
Dreams do come true

« Reply #65 on: April 21, 2017, 06:05:56 PM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130

This certainly isn't a conventional lineup, especially considering that this was never experimented with during the season.  It's clear that Brad is going to want the Celtics to play at breakneck speed and encourage them to take open looks early the in the shot clock.  I'm sure that the theme of tonight is to shoot with confidence early and often.  Hopefully the Bulls can't keep up and we wear them out throughout the game.  I think that we can also create more favorable matchups for Amir and KO by playing them together while Lopez is off the court.

I was in favor of Jerebko but hopefully the change results in an offensive outburst.       

« Reply #66 on: April 21, 2017, 06:07:41 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

Yeah, the definition of a head-scratcher. I guess he is going to be a beast rebounder(?). I don't think he will play a ton of minutes, just giving the Bulls a different look, I guess. That, or GG has something on Ainge/Stevens that they don't want to get out.

« Reply #67 on: April 21, 2017, 06:08:12 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Man I don't know.  I would like this if Brad had shown any serious consideration to building Green into a major minutes guy at the end of the year.  To me this feels more like a Hail Mary.  I hope it works!!!

« Reply #68 on: April 21, 2017, 06:15:23 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 324
Well someone is listening at Waltham. Stevens is going smaller with Green starting. I had the player wrong but the idea I like.

Let's get out and get up and down and be more athletic. Now who does Lopez cover? Haha

Wow. Going from not playing to starting? Bold move. Hopefully it pays off. He does have the potential to be a big scorer, probably more so than any other Celtic not named IT.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #69 on: April 21, 2017, 06:32:52 PM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
Well what is does is it gives the Bulls pause. I doubt GG plays major minutes unless h's productive. It also moves Amir to come off the bench against lesser competition.

The bigger issue is now I'm not sure how Lopez is going t play with Horford hovering around the 3 pt line. This gives our transition defense more time to get back and settled. Grant isn't Rondo.

They have two adjustments to make...how does Lopez and Mirotic adjust and now DWade and Butler have more responsibility in the offense...which slows down their aggressiveness.

« Reply #70 on: April 21, 2017, 06:58:31 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
I know he's the whipping boy around here, but what the bleep does KO have to do to get a chance to start?

Mike

« Reply #71 on: April 21, 2017, 07:06:00 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
I know he's the whipping boy around here, but what the bleep does KO have to do to get a chance to start?

Mike

I don't think Brad wants to take him and Marcus off the bench unit.

« Reply #72 on: April 21, 2017, 07:09:53 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
Yeah I'd say our best chance of winning right now is no rondo.  I can see bulls just throwing the ball down into post when there offense isn't getting a quick good shot.

« Reply #73 on: April 21, 2017, 07:23:18 PM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219
I like the Amir-less spacing, I think this is gonna work.
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.