Author Topic: Starters game #3  (Read 7048 times)

Re: Starters game #3
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2017, 06:54:18 PM »

Offline JaylenBrown7

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 21
start zeller

« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2017, 06:56:13 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
I think it's pretty obvious where Jaylen is going to spend the rest of the playoffs, the bench.

Brad gave him 9 minutes yesterday & in that time he made mistakes on defense and fired up a pair of horrible bricks from the 3pt line, at a time in the game when we needed to just slow the game down and focus on ball movement & getting some shots in the paint.

The kid isn't fixing any of our problems in this series, and contrary to poplar belief he's not a good NBA player at all right now.

Meanwhile, Jae, Avery, Al and IT all played over 32 minutes and averaged a -18 point differential between them.

Let's not make Jaylen into the new KO around here, the whipping boy people complain about even when other players are performing much, MUCH worse.

Mike

« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2017, 07:14:38 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
WHY do people want to start Zeller, a serial DNP all season long?  WHY?

« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2017, 07:16:48 PM »

Offline JaylenBrown7

• Kristaps Porzingis
amir is soft and so is kelly. Zeller actually went at rolo last night. watch a game once in a while maybe

« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2017, 07:21:48 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
amir is soft and so is kelly. Zeller actually went at rolo last night. watch a game once in a while maybe

Hahaha OK.

I was at the game last night and your big bad tough not soft Tyler Zeller played 8 mins.  He also barely played in the other 30+ games I was at this year.  His is basically a notch above Jordan Mickey on the depth chart.

« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2017, 07:24:32 PM »

Offline JaylenBrown7

• Kristaps Porzingis

Hahaha OK.

I was at the game last night and your big bad tough not soft Tyler Zeller played 8 mins.  He also barely played in the other 30+ games I was at this year.  His is basically a notch above Jordan Mickey on the depth chart.
HAhAH OK.

Kelly and amir are soft

HAhahha

gotta keep the lineups the same to lose the series, right babe?

HAHA OK.

« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2017, 07:41:57 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
Here is one thing that is troubling for me
We are altering our game plan and possibly the starters for a team that barely made playoffs.

« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2017, 08:22:45 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo

Hahaha OK.

HAhAH OK.

Kelly and amir are soft

HAhahha

gotta keep the lineups the same to lose the series, right babe?

HAHA OK.

You say Kelly and Amir are soft, then say replace them with Tyler Zeller.  Think about that.

« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2017, 08:55:27 PM »

Offline CelticsFanFromNYC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 137
**Edit: Swapped amir back in over KO

Purely experimental and interesting lineup. I'm clearly not a coach, just a cb fan/poster

Starters                             
IT         
Bradley
Jerebko
Johnson
Horford

Bench
-----------
Smart
Green
Crowder
Olynyk
Zeller

1.We clearly rely on nobody but Crowder for the Sf spot whether he is having a good game or not. I think keeping his starting status unchangeable will be more of a negative then a positive in this current situation. If we have to start IT& AB, we need a Surge off the bench and Smart's surge is on the densive end. (this would work if Big AL could step up )

2. I'd like to think Zeller  & Olynyk can  keep the rebounding decent  against their 2nd unit (Don't think it's wise for Zeller to start but do agree he needs to be on Lopez at some point of the game)

3. Green has enough experience (whether playoff or not) that he NEEDS to be playing after this last game. I understand he's volatile and purely hit or miss.

4., Jerebko or Zelelr should drop minutes if we gotta throw Rozier in for possible ball penetration and kickouts.

3. IMO Rozier presence on the court surged a few runs whether it was because of him or not. At least he attempted to  penetrate. Soon as he looked warmed up he was taken out. Hes more use  than Brown is as  of this second. (I liked Rozier and Smart together)

ALSO, Someone needs to tell Al Horford he's the 2nd best player on this team. He was just watching KO do his thing like he still had Milsap!
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 09:45:29 PM by CelticsFanFromNYC »

« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2017, 09:02:21 PM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 199
Crowder has been awful.  Very disappointing as he was probably our most consistent player all year.  Smart is the only guy who appears to have any b@lls at this point.  We can't change who we are.  Just a bad matchup against a big, grindy team.  First time all year that I actually miss Sully.

« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2017, 09:23:01 PM »

Offline CelticsFanFromNYC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 137
This bulls team isn't very talented. Their just exploiting our deficiencies better than we are with their shooting woes.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 09:43:19 PM by CelticsFanFromNYC »

« Reply #41 on: April 19, 2017, 09:24:07 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
We are altering our game plan and possibly the starters for a team that barely made playoffs.

They beat us both playoff games.  Doing the same thing and expecting different results is not wise.  They may have barely made the playoffs but they are doing well against their draw (us).   The playoffs is its own season, what happened in the regular season does not matter.   Pretty sure CLE didn't want to play them and made sure we got the one seed to avoid CHI in the first round.

« Reply #42 on: April 19, 2017, 11:36:52 PM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125

Yikes

« Reply #43 on: April 19, 2017, 11:52:20 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
I don't think people realize how truly dumb Jaylen is right now

He is one of the dumbest players I have ever seen.

What do you expect? He is a rookie

No hes not, he has had a whole NBA season under his belt. He aint a rookie no more.

« Reply #44 on: April 19, 2017, 11:56:32 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
I don't think people realize how truly dumb Jaylen is right now

He is one of the dumbest players I have ever seen.

He's been really, really bad in the first two games, especially on the defensive end.

Cannot afford to start him.

I agree about Brown's play so far, but I'd still be inclined to start him and play him real minutes.  Let him play through the mistakes.  I know it won't happen but it's just what I'd like to see.  I think if anyone believed we had a chance to beat the Cav's they don't think so anymore.   We are going to make a lot of changes to the team in the next 2-3 years and despite his rookie growing pains, Brown looks like a keeper.  We need to get him minutes.  I thought we would beat Chicago in 5 games, 6 at worst.  Now I want to see us start to develop some of the talent we've been hording.   I say give real minutes to Brown and Rozier, let the kids really feel some playoff ball.  If we loose we loose, so be it.  We're not winning a title this year anyway.  Maybe even give Mickey some run.  There is a really good chance we don't keep him, so maybe take one last look before we release him to free up money for free agency.

Dude, Mickey looks lost out there. It is glaringly clear that he is lost out there when he has played, those early jitters usually go away with experience, but has not happened with him.