Author Topic: Starters game #3  (Read 7044 times)

Starters game #3
« on: April 19, 2017, 11:56:45 AM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
It's time for Stevens to give the Bulls some new looks and take them out their comfort zone. Playoffs are about adjustments.

I would go smaller and quicker and turn the Lopez advantage into a disadvantage. Get a quicker lineup on the floor and let your athleticism take over. Johnson isn't doing anything on offense or defense. Let's speed the game up because DWade, Mirotic, Lopez are not going to want to run all game.

IT
AB
Brown
Crowder
Horford

Keep up the running by bringing in Rozier, Green and Smart quicker. Bigger teams hate small team and small teams hate bigger teams.

Re: Starters game #3
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2017, 11:59:09 AM »

Offline celtics2030

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 72
I don't think people realize how truly dumb Jaylen is right now

He is one of the dumbest players I have ever seen.

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2017, 12:00:03 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Rebounds?

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2017, 12:04:02 PM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
Honestly I think Jonas would probably make sense to start.  It sucks that we even need to talk about this option but Jonas has a lot of defensive versatility.  His shot has been a lost cause since the broken nose but the truth is that nobody is making shots in this series.  He is one of the few players in our front court that can impact both ends of the court.  I would take a chance and hope that he can play well with the starting lineup like he did last postseason. 

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2017, 12:05:08 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

Whatevs...

Anyway, Zeller may once again be out there with Horford in the starting line-up. I am not sure what is up with Amir, but he is not himself. He seemed like the perfect type of player for playoff basketball. The vet minimum is looking more likely than the room exception for Amir this offseason.

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2017, 12:06:19 PM »

Offline celtics2030

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 72

Whatevs...

Anyway, Zeller may once again be out there with Horford in the starting line-up. I am not sure what is up with Amir, but he is not himself. He seemed like the perfect type of player for playoff basketball. The vet minimum is looking more likely than the room exception for Amir this offseason.

Jaylen is lost, he makes dumb dumb decisions on defense. HE is not made to be in a starting lineup right now.

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2017, 12:09:49 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
I agree, at this point, down 0-2, I am still optimistic that we can win the series, but we're gonna have to make some more adjustments

I think Zeller or at least Jerebko should get the start to add some versatility. Brown isn't playing well so far in the playoffs, so I don't mind see more of his minutes go to some more experienced players.

I am unsure about Smart starting though, I am still biased for Smart but it's not like he's gonna fix the offensive issues that Bradley is kinda going through.

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2017, 12:12:49 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336

He's been really, really bad in the first two games, especially on the defensive end.

Cannot afford to start him.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2017, 12:17:29 PM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
I agree, at this point, down 0-2, I am still optimistic that we can win the series, but we're gonna have to make some more adjustments

I think Zeller or at least Jerebko should get the start to add some versatility. Brown isn't playing well so far in the playoffs, so I don't mind see more of his minutes go to some more experienced players.

I am unsure about Smart starting though, I am still biased for Smart but it's not like he's gonna fix the offensive issues that Bradley is kinda going through.

My argument for Jonas is based on the fact that he is probably the only front court player who can impact both ends of the court if things go right.  Will he hit open shots?  I have no idea but if he does then our team will be much better suited to compete in THIS series.  I trust Jonas to handle his defensive responsibilities and play with purpose on that end of the court. 

It's just sad that nobody else was able to step up.  I wish I didn't even need to think twice about starting Jonas.

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2017, 12:28:24 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
I want Zeller to start over Amir.

I don't know what he has to offer that would be better than Amir's but it's a different look. At the very least, he'll run the floor, put Mirotic and Lopez to at least a little bit more work.

Maybe start Marcus?
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2017, 12:29:21 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

What do you expect? He is a rookie

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2017, 12:34:36 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427

My argument for Jonas is based on the fact that he is probably the only front court player who can impact both ends of the court if things go right.  Will he hit open shots?  I have no idea but if he does then our team will be much better suited to compete in THIS series.  I trust Jonas to handle his defensive responsibilities and play with purpose on that end of the court. 

It's just sad that nobody else was able to step up.  I wish I didn't even need to think twice about starting Jonas.

right, just like how nobody really expected Jerebko to contribute in that Atlanta series last year and he came up big! To be fair, he's average or below average depending on your argument, but he's more or less like Smart when it comes to energy...he makes one great play and that can carry him for the rest of the game...and really to be fair, i think that's what we need right now, is some good old hustle energy plays.

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2017, 12:41:44 PM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.

right, just like how nobody really expected Jerebko to contribute in that Atlanta series last year and he came up big! To be fair, he's average or below average depending on your argument, but he's more or less like Smart when it comes to energy...he makes one great play and that can carry him for the rest of the game...and really to be fair, i think that's what we need right now, is some good old hustle energy plays.
I agree JJ should play and so should Green. Bring in Amir when Lopez goes to the bench.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2017, 12:45:58 PM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton

I agree JJ should play and so should Green. Bring in Amir when Lopez goes to the bench.

It's nice to see that we are all in agreement!  The fact of the matter is at least Jonas has a small sample size of contributing in the playoffs.  It would be odd for Brad to not give him a chance because it worked in the past.  We need some sort of spark that can give the rest of this team some confidence. 

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2017, 12:49:59 PM »

Offline __ramonezy__

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 62
Not  sure the starting lineup need to change. Im more concerned with our rotations. The biggest issue is who will score apart from IT... because the Bulls have the players to make him very inefficient. We need our own versions of Lopez and Portis