Poll

Who should the celtics let go/trade away?

IT
Smart
Bradley
KO
Horford
Crowder

Author Topic: So who will you decide to get rid off?  (Read 5602 times)

Re: So who will you decide to get rid off?
« Reply #45 on: April 20, 2017, 04:09:24 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
As for the list, I think it is more probably than not that keep all of the listed players.  I would be stunned if we trade IT and I predict Horford gets traded after IT signs somewhere else in 2018.  Smart, Bradley, Crowder?  I don't see them going anywhere.

So I guess by process of elimination, maybe we don't sign Olynyk but I actually expect we will sign him.

« Reply #46 on: April 20, 2017, 04:15:27 PM »

Offline BE-Celtic

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 48
I went with Jae.

I really love him and his working/hustling spirit, but to me he's showing in this series that he may not be good enough for play-offs. And I still dream about landing Paul George, deep in my heart :D

Other than that, yes AB is disapointing a bit but I still think he is a great role player, could be great of the bench.

And Amir has to be upgraded of course.

« Reply #47 on: April 20, 2017, 04:16:46 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
I went with Jae.

I really love him and his working/hustling spirit, but to me he's showing in this series that he may not be good enough for play-offs. And I still dream about landing Paul George, deep in my heart :D

Other than that, yes AB is disapointing a bit but I still think he is a great role player, could be great of the bench.

thats why you trade AB. you can afford to keep Crowder as a role-player, AB is gonna get starter money.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #48 on: April 20, 2017, 04:33:38 PM »

Offline BE-Celtic

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 48
I went with Jae.

thats why you trade AB. you can afford to keep Crowder as a role-player, AB is gonna get starter money.

If it is necessary that is OK. But I answered to the poll with 1 guy only. And crowder was the first who came to my mind. Now of course, I think and I hope there will be more move than just 1 guy this summer

« Reply #49 on: April 20, 2017, 04:55:26 PM »

Offline celts10

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 25
Ah I remember the times when some fans were so hesitant and unwilling to package something like Crowder AND Bradley + BKN pick + fillers for someone like Jimmy Butler or PG13.

lol yea good times.  Goood times

Yeah, we just tend to overvalue our players at times. Remember nobody wanted to give up Al Jefferson for KG back in 2007.

« Reply #50 on: April 20, 2017, 05:13:13 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
Ah I remember the times when some fans were so hesitant and unwilling to package something like Crowder AND Bradley + BKN pick + fillers for someone like Jimmy Butler or PG13.

Why shouldn't you be hesitant to make that kind of deal?  All it gets you is being, at best, a slightly better version of the Bulls or the Pacers (two teams worse than Boston this season) while killing your cap space and giving up the single best trade asset you have.

I mean, does anyone actually think that a team of...

IT
Smart
Butler/PG13
Amir
Horford

Rozier
KO
Jaylen
Zeller
JJ

Really gets us any closer to winning a title?

Mike

« Reply #51 on: April 20, 2017, 05:25:43 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

Yeah, we just tend to overvalue our players at times. Remember nobody wanted to give up Al Jefferson for KG back in 2007.
if you think we cant beat the Bulls right now (and the evidence to support that is mounting rapidly) then mortgaging the future for Jimmy BUtler seems really dumb to me.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #52 on: April 21, 2017, 09:51:10 AM »

Offline hagar55voa

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 12
Keep Zeller and let him play...Anyone else can go...

« Reply #53 on: April 21, 2017, 10:30:36 AM »

Offline wayupnorth

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 141

if you think we cant beat the Bulls right now (and the evidence to support that is mounting rapidly) then mortgaging the future for Jimmy BUtler seems really dumb to me.

It appears to me thatany posters prefer to whine and complain, rather than actually think things through.

« Reply #54 on: April 21, 2017, 10:59:17 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

Why shouldn't you be hesitant to make that kind of deal?  All it gets you is being, at best, a slightly better version of the Bulls or the Pacers (two teams worse than Boston this season) while killing your cap space and giving up the single best trade asset you have.

I mean, does anyone actually think that a team of...

IT
Smart
Butler/PG13
Amir
Horford

Rozier
KO
Jaylen
Zeller
JJ

Really gets us any closer to winning a title?

Mike
it really doesn't.  I love Smart but as the starting SG he's not going to provide the needed shooting.  that bench is woefully thin and our front court is still just Horford and bit players. 

I want Danny to work the roster this summer to bulk up the front court with someone solid to play with Horford.  I don't want the only additions to be Zizic and Yabu.  no issue bringing back Amir on a cheap deal for depth but he can't be starting for us. 

The knock on Butler was that he's not an outside shooter but you wouldn't know it from this series and the knock on PG is that he's a 1 and done trade because he's likely heading to the Lakers when his contract is up.  I still wouldn't trade AB, Crowder and the Brooklyn '17 pick for them.  2 of those asset but not all 3 (mostly because I would look to use the remaining asset in a deal to improve the front court).

I'd hang on to the Brooklyn 2018 pick with the number of big man prospects in that draft. 
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 11:08:21 AM by slamtheking »

« Reply #55 on: April 21, 2017, 11:20:21 AM »

Offline Darío SpanishFan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141

It appears to me thatany posters prefer to whine and complain, rather than actually think things through.

This. It's exactly what I've said in the thread about blaming Ainge, Stevens or the players. TP

« Reply #56 on: April 21, 2017, 11:26:38 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
I am purging the roster of Young, Amir, Green Young and Zeller..

I trade Crowder and Bradley with the #1 pick for Butler and something else

I am done with Bradley..always hurt. Crowder is a blue collar guy but not a superstar needed.