Poll

Who should the celtics let go/trade away?

IT
Smart
Bradley
KO
Horford
Crowder

Author Topic: So who will you decide to get rid off?  (Read 5613 times)

Re: So who will you decide to get rid off?
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2017, 01:13:12 PM »

Offline Hank Finkel

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 41
I would say good bye to Amir and his 12M, Zeller and his 8M. Thats 18M. a year for a rebounding big man and bring.   KO if he will sign for cheap I would resign and use him at the stretch 4 (he is not a center) because he can shoot a little bit.    I like the guards but we should get bigger there too eventually.  Sign a free agent forward who can rebound also.  The emphasis should be on big, long and tough in the middle.  Small does not cut it D.A. change your thinking.  I fear if DA doesn't change his mindset the 76ers will pass us soon and Toronto will stay ahead in the EC also.

« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2017, 02:41:49 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
I think Bradley may be the odd man out. If Isaiah is going to be our PG for the foreseeable future, we need more size and more versatility from the 2-guard spot. I love Avery. I've loved watching him grow and become the player he is, but he's not the answer at SG.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2017, 03:20:24 PM »

Offline CelticGuardian

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • Blood. Sweat. & Tears.
We didn't look like any 1st seed team I've ever watched play in my years of loving the game of basketball. We've been looking like we don't belong in the playoffs. I'm so frustratingly bewildered I don't want to see any of them back after these last few "efforts".

« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2017, 03:26:57 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Ah I remember the times when some fans were so hesitant and unwilling to package something like Crowder AND Bradley + BKN pick + fillers for someone like Jimmy Butler or PG13.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2017, 03:31:48 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
At this point I feel like getting rid of everyone, starting from scratch, and not watching this team until at least a year from now.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2017, 03:39:22 PM »

Offline CelticGuardian

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • Blood. Sweat. & Tears.
At this point I feel like getting rid of everyone, starting from scratch, and not watching this team until at least a year from now.

At least the picks offer us some sort of hope beyond this core.

« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2017, 03:45:05 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

I'm ready for Markelle Fultz or Lonzo Ball to take the reins.  Smart and Jaylen can stick around as the sidekicks.

Also looking forward to seeing if Ante Zizic can grab some boards and throw down some dunks in the NBA like he's done overseas.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2017, 04:28:11 PM »

Offline kenmaine

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 25
  • Boston 104, New York 59
Keep IT And Bradley.
IT is really the only player on the C's who makes them worth watching.
Zeller is fine as a backup. Smart and Crowder maybe as 15 minute bench players. Horford cuz we're probably stuck with him. I'd keep Gerald as well, but boy wonder coach never uses him.
To all who say you can't win with IT-- NO ONE can win by himself! He's surrounded by scrubs.
But Danny seems happy with affordable contracts (except for the big softie he gave a max contract to) and future draft choices.  Too bad, because IMO he had enough trading chips to contend right now if he had made a couple of moves.
Can we trade Crowder for Rondo?, lol.  And yes, I'm serious.
And one last thing-  PLEASE stop playing Kelly O for goodness sake!!!!!!  I don't care what any bs stats might say-  he's just awful, and painful to watch.

« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2017, 04:48:21 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Everyone but smart and Jaylen brown.  Get what you can for the rest and build an actual TEAM  and not a one man show and his stage hands

« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2017, 04:50:10 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Ah I remember the times when some fans were so hesitant and unwilling to package something like Crowder AND Bradley + BKN pick + fillers for someone like Jimmy Butler or PG13.

lol yea good times.  Goood times

« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2017, 11:18:09 PM »

Offline Coast2Coast

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3
Think blowing up the team is an overreaction. With that being said I would let all 5 free agents walk this summer, but would keep Amir on a good contract for bench depth.

In addition trade Bradley for a front court player preferably. Don't think he will be worth what he'll be looking for in an 18 contract.

Puts us at about $63 million in cap space.

Bring up Zizic, Yabu, Nader,17 pick, and whoever in return for Bradley.

Asumming about $2 million/each per year for Zizic, Yabu,Nader. Around $5mfor 17 pick.

We're back around $74 million.  +Avery's replacement(let's assume same salary) $8mil= $82 million

I'd still like to see us bring in Noel during the off season.

Check out his exit interview here:https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-mavericks/mavericks/2017/04/13/nerlens-noel-excited-mavs-future-team-make-sure-part

Wearing a Sox hat, just turned 23, solves many of our issues around rebounding and rim protection. Paired with freak athleticism, developing offense game and plans states how he plans on adding 10-15 lbs in the off season...Sign me up. Max he's able to get is 25.8.  Be nice to start around $20 with more on the back end.

Puts us right around the $102-103 million projected cap range.

He pairs nicely now with Horford and would be a nice piece to a future core of: Brown,Smart, 17, and the earlier mentioned.

Pray we get Fultz. I'd be happy with Jackson or Tatum though.

It/Smart/Rozier
Fultz/Brown/Nader
Crowder/Brown/Nader/yabu
Horford/Yabu/replacement AB
Noel/Zizic/ replacement.

Can switch it around couple different ways,but I think we'd be a better team vs Current..With a ridiculously young core.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 11:35:43 PM by Coast2Coast »

« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2017, 12:17:01 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
Who's to keep:

IT, Smart, Brown, Horford

Who's to go:

Crowder, Olynyk, Jerebko, Mickey, Young, Zeller

Undecided:

Amir, Bradley, Rozier, Green

« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2017, 12:26:55 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
I wish Amir was an option in this poll. He'd be a great vet minimum/MLE guy, but I don't see him taking the pay cut.

I would build around Brown, Bradley, IT, Horford (and Jae if he's willing to go to the bench).

Jae's ego got too big and I doubt he'll be willing to accept bench role once Jaylen or Josh Jackson (if drafted) develops.

« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2017, 12:33:23 AM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325

At least the picks offer us some sort of hope beyond this core.

Some. I don't want to get my hopes too high—either for getting the No. 1 pick this year, or that either of the Nets picks turns into a star.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2017, 12:39:40 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
Keep Isaiah Thomas, Avery Bradley, Jae Crowder, Jaylen Brown, Kelly Olynyk (he's a very nice guy to bring off the bench).

Happy to trade anybody and everybody else, with first emphasis being on Smart and Horford - I want those two guys gone more than anybody.  Horford because his contact is crippling, and Smart because he's an idiot, is an offensive liability, and has a bad attitude.