Poll

Who should the celtics let go/trade away?

IT
Smart
Bradley
KO
Horford
Crowder

Author Topic: So who will you decide to get rid off?  (Read 5612 times)

So who will you decide to get rid off?
« on: April 19, 2017, 11:17:04 AM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
After two dissapointting lose to the 8seed Bulls at home, who you see as an ''must exchange'' in order to go deeper in the playoffs?

My personal opinion is AB and Jae, and will consider KO
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 11:46:36 AM by playdream »

Re: So who will you decide to get rid off?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2017, 11:30:04 AM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
After two dissapointting lose to the 8seed Bulls at home, who you see as an ''must exchange'' in order to go deeper in the playoffs?

My personally opinion is AB and Jae, and will consider KO

It really depends on the willingness of certain players to adapt to new roles.  Jae isn't a starting SF on a contending team unless it is a "Super Team".  I doubt he would be okay adapting to a bench role even though it would suit his strengths as a player.  Jae needs to go back to simplifying his game and relying on toughness. 

Avery is difficult to get a read on.  I believe that he would be significantly better in the playoffs if we had an All-Star scoring option to go along with Isaiah.  At face value he appears to have a low-ego and values team success above everything else. 

As for KO, I have always tried to be optimistic with him but his lack of mental toughness is clearly showing right now.  He will always have certain limitations but our team could be so much better if he consistently hit open shots.  When he doesn't provide an offensive spark it is very difficult to justify bringing him back.

Ultimately another #1 scoring option would go a long way with this team.  I think a of things would fall into place with the current roster if they weren't relied upon to create offense. 

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2017, 11:34:31 AM »

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 129
KO is a given, lol. I think people were done with him before the playoffs. Crowder is my guy. Not impressed with his defense. Seems like an all talk sort of guy. More than open to trading Bradley now as well. Only reason we should trade IT is if we go younger.

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2017, 11:35:41 AM »

Offline HomerSapien

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 43
A lot of the answer for me will depend on what comes back as a result.  This team has glaring weaknesses in rebounding, and a 2nd shot creator and needs to fill those holes somehow.  If Bradley gets us quality in one of those spots then it's Bradley.  If Marcus brings back more then it is Marcus.

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2017, 11:37:31 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I wouldn't re-sign any of our current free agents, and I would look to trade AB and Crowder.

I don't think you could get equal return for Thomas, and I doubt there would be any palatable offers for Horford.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2017, 11:38:52 AM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
I could pick only 3, so I picked Horford, KO, and Crowder, but I'd entertain offers for all of them. I love IT but he's a one-way player, Horford hasn't stepped up at all this series and thus is not earning his huge contract, KO has only a couple good games a month, Crowder has disappeared, Smart can't hit water falling out of a boat, and Bradley has been terrible.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2017, 11:49:16 AM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 533
Horford's not going anywhere.  He's untradeable with his current contract.  And IT isn't going anywhere.  Anyone else I'm fine with moving if they get value back.  But they have to do something.  They have to change the makeup of the team - especially up front.

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2017, 11:55:20 AM »

Offline RIPRED

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 63
I wish Amir was an option in this poll. He'd be a great vet minimum/MLE guy, but I don't see him taking the pay cut.

I would build around Brown, Bradley, IT, Horford (and Jae if he's willing to go to the bench).

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2017, 11:56:03 AM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545
Anyone but Smart and Brown.
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2017, 12:03:00 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I read the question in the subject title before reading the first post. I chose AB, IT, and Horford if we are going to blow it up. Obviously I like all of these players and they have been extremely important to our regular season success, but if we get swept (or nearly swept), then I think I will be ready to move on...as disappointing as that seems.

And I do think all three guys have significant trade value. AB and IT speak for themselves (although some of us may not be thrilled with the return), but to assume Horford is just some scrub is wrong. Is there a competing team out there that wouldn't love to have Horford as a member of their starting front court (NOP isn't competing)?

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2017, 12:03:57 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
If we lose the series , one thing for sure

No key FAs will want to sign here

I would rebuild

Trade everyone except Yabu, Zizic, Brown and picks. If KO and Smart will sign cheap, sign them.

Force CBS to play/develop young players.... Not play Jerebko significant amount of min

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2017, 12:14:39 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
If we don't at least make the series competitive.

I would keep all the young players, and just blow it up.

Unless we can go after like George, Damian Lillard, Klay Thompson, or anyone else that can help boost our team.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2017, 12:15:08 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 533

You overrate the value that NBA players place on winning.  While it matters, getting paid still matters #1 and we have a max slot open and still a lot of positives in place.  A crappy playoff performance won't change that.

They still have a lot of flexibility to make changes even though Horford's contract pretty much anchors him here.  But he certainly won't scare anyone way.

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2017, 12:26:56 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

You overrate the value that NBA players place on winning.  While it matters, getting paid still matters #1 and we have a max slot open and still a lot of positives in place.  A crappy playoff performance won't change that.

They still have a lot of flexibility to make changes even though Horford's contract pretty much anchors him here.  But he certainly won't scare anyone way.

Yes. But do you want a player like that?  Like a melo anthony

Danny should not sign FAs just because

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2017, 12:46:25 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
Say good-bye to Kelly...the human up fake machine has worn his welcome out in my book. Kelly must be dizzy from turning the corner and falling back around it again and again. He has too many negative traits to consider paying him anything but base dollars.

Crowder is mostly talk, and posturing on defense of late, his game is solid at times, but very single dimensioned on the offensive side. He is limited physically 6-5, short arms, no real ability to play above the rim. He shoots the 3 well at times, he'd make a nice 3 and D bench player. Possible trade bait.

Bradley is too undersized to be a starter, at 6-2 and 170 he's slight of build, easily dismissed on a pick, and inconsistent as a scorer. He just can't have a game where he's strong the entire game. He hits two jump shots in a row, and then isn't heard from for 2 quarters. Gets hurt too often. Again...he's a 3 and D bench player on a good team. Possible trade bait.

I can't stand the way the NBA has anointed IT the new poster boy of the terribly undersized superstar. Yes...Thomas is a wonderful, and gifted scorer. But a less than average point guard, and because of his physical limitations a defensive liability of mega proportions. Trade, or keep, I'm not sure. But I would offer him a contract based on him being a super 6th man, and nothing more.

With this pick we have coming in this point guard heavy NBA draft, take the best PG available and play him behind Smart, and or IT until he's ready to take the reins.

In the mean time, please try to gather some normal positional size with talent, and find a big to replace Amir.   

It's definitely a step back, but this oddly designed team was alway fools gold.