Author Topic: I'm still proud of our amazing team, coach and GM. Have some empathy PLEASE.  (Read 1234 times)

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
I think too many people are underestimating the emotional despondence this team is going through right now because of what happened with
Isaiah's sister. He is the heart, soul and leader of this team.

This team had a lot of pressure put on them by us and themselves, and unfortunately it looks like Isaiah's sister's passing has made that pressure bubble burst...or at least come very close to bursting.

They lack adrenaline like something we haven't seen since 2014.
They look exhausted and have just had 5 days off.
There's only one reason for that, and it's the Chyna Thomas tragedy. I don't care if they get swept because they have played their hearts out all year and in my opinion it's not fair to judge them with such a distraction hitting so close to home at such a crucial time.

We all feel bad for IT, can't imagine what he's going through...but to just let this team off the hook for being a 1 seed losing to an 8 seed by putting it all on the loss of Chyna Thomas is WAY too much of an out for this team.

Game 1 especially when you look back at it.  The fact that IT can come out 36 hours after his sister died and score 33 points is remarkable.  But what's even more remarkable, and in a sad way, is that not one other player on that roster could elevate their game in game 1. They just don't have the talent.

I second everything you say here, but especially the bold part, which is exactly what I've been thinking the last few days but figured I'd get lambasted for if I said it.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
I think too many people are underestimating the emotional despondence this team is going through right now because of what happened with
Isaiah's sister. He is the heart, soul and leader of this team.

This team had a lot of pressure put on them by us and themselves, and unfortunately it looks like Isaiah's sister's passing has made that pressure bubble burst...or at least come very close to bursting.

They lack adrenaline like something we haven't seen since 2014.
They look exhausted and have just had 5 days off.
There's only one reason for that, and it's the Chyna Thomas tragedy. I don't care if they get swept because they have played their hearts out all year and in my opinion it's not fair to judge them with such a distraction hitting so close to home at such a crucial time.

We all feel bad for IT, can't imagine what he's going through...but to just let this team off the hook for being a 1 seed losing to an 8 seed by putting it all on the loss of Chyna Thomas is WAY too much of an out for this team.

Game 1 especially when you look back at it.  The fact that IT can come out 36 hours after his sister died and score 33 points is remarkable.  But what's even more remarkable, and in a sad way, is that not one other player on that roster could elevate their game in game 1. They just don't have the talent.

I second everything you say here, but especially the bold part, which is exactly what I've been thinking the last few days but figured I'd get lambasted for if I said it.

And I third it.

The tragedy IT's family suffered is an excuse, not an explanation, for this team's overall poor performance.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."