Author Topic: Marcus "Middle Finger" Smart  (Read 6408 times)

Re: Marcus "Middle Finger" Smart
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2017, 11:48:51 AM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
Smart, IT and Crowder are all pretty fiery competitors who often play with a chip on their shoulder.  And part of that is that they occasionally cross the line when things don't go well.  Have to live with it.  It's part of who they are. 

On the other hand if you dropped a couple of thousand dollars on courtside tickets to last night, you probably thought you got ripped off with that performance.  And I'm sure whoever the fan was probably was letting the players know it - though I would question going after Smart.  He was the least of their problems last night.

+1, he was the only guy fighting in the second half when the rest of the team looked like they quit.

And I would rather take the middle finger from a winner over the polite apathy and cowardice of a loser

« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2017, 01:06:58 PM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
He was fustrated and seem to be the only one playing hard but he needs to control himself to move forward as a player. If he gets suspended we will have a hard time winning without him.
I am glad he is a Celtic for sure.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2017, 01:24:51 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
We're talking about the same guy who punched a fan back in college , this is not surprising. Its part of what makes him such a tough competitor, and I like him exactly the way he is. We need more players like him.

« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2017, 01:34:52 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Will he get suspended for that? I hope not.

No way, most likely he will get fined
Id imagine the league will leave this up to the Celtics. If it was during the regular season, you would see a suspension, but I think Boston knows they are Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.ed with out him. It will be a BIG fine.

Its what comes with the territory or Marcus. Dude is a crazy competitor. Probably the same reason he takes so many Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.ing shots. You can see he gets p---ed that no one can put the ball in the basket and tries to take over.

Hopefully he grows out of this Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. with age. Wouldnt count on it.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2017, 02:06:36 PM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454
Smart was teetering on the edge last night. Played incredibly hard but he was clearly losing control of his emotions.
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2017, 02:23:51 PM »

Offline BE-Celtic

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 48
I prefer having a guy like Smart who bursts his ass and has emotions because he can't stand losing rather than soft, non-caring players.

That's why players like Draymond Green are so good. And it doesn't hurt from time to time in a NBA that is always softer. Not saying he should have dont that but come on, guy got frustrated, game WAS frustrating.

Meh, move on

« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2017, 02:25:20 PM »

Offline celtics2030

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 72
I prefer having a guy like Smart who bursts his ass and has emotions because he can't stand losing rather than soft, non-caring players.

That's why players like Draymond Green are so good. And it doesn't hurt from time to time in a NBA that is always softer. Not saying he should have dont that but come on, guy got frustrated, game WAS frustrating.

Meh, move on

Draymond Green is one of the most annoying, dirty, conceited , over his head players in the NBA

He is not even half as talented as he thinks he is.

« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2017, 02:39:32 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

Meh, move on

sounds nasty or like he's got a serious health problem

« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2017, 03:04:07 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

Meh, move on
Plenty of players "burst their asses" without flipping off fans. And I can live without some of Smart's shot selection. Learn how to make a jumper, then be smug.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2017, 03:16:53 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Smart, IT and Crowder are all pretty fiery competitors who often play with a chip on their shoulder.  And part of that is that they occasionally cross the line when things don't go well.  Have to live with it.  It's part of who they are. 

On the other hand if you dropped a couple of thousand dollars on courtside tickets to last night, you probably thought you got ripped off with that performance.  And I'm sure whoever the fan was probably was letting the players know it - though I would question going after Smart.  He was the least of their problems last night.

Your couple of thousands does not give you the right to be an Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.. You want to be an Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline., get on Twitter or Celticblog.

« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2017, 03:30:41 PM »

Offline BE-Celtic

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 48

Meh, move on

Plenty of players "burst their asses" without flipping off fans. And I can live without some of Smart's shot selection. Learn how to make a jumper, then be smug.

Yeah sorry, wrong expression, sounded fine in my head :p I wanna add that we don't know what the fan did to him

« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2017, 05:44:37 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
At least it was just a finger to a fan and he didn't go unto the stands again

But now he has a history of interactions with fans

« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2017, 05:50:10 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 871
  • GOT IT!!!
I guess you can say he bricked someone the bird.

« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2017, 05:59:24 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Will he get suspended for that? I hope not.

No way, most likely he will get fined

Right!

$25K ;D

Mark Murphy‏Verified account @Murf56  1h1 hour ago
More
 Smart fined $25,000 by league for making obscene gesture in fourth quarter of Tuesday's game./quote]

« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2017, 06:09:52 PM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 867
I have been a solid Marcus supporter all along but this is not OK.  You can have fire and be competitive without flipping off fans.  I have no sympathy for him on this one.  If I was the coach and a player did this, I would have him do wind sprints until he puked.  Marcus was fined by the NBA but the Celtics may need to do something too.