Author Topic: Obviously the C's are not a true 1 seed BUT the Bulls are not a true 8 seed  (Read 1227 times)

Offline Humble G

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 983
Yes the C's are playing bad and part of that is their own fault but a bigger part is Chicago. They have had good wins all year(and some bad losses) but they swept the Cavs in the regular season(1 game no James but had Kyrie). Which leaves me to believe that the Cavs didn't want the 1 seed with a chance to play the Bulls, who had their number all year....even in preseason lol

So yes the C's suck right now and are super frustrating but the Bulls are a legit playoff team. They have no chance against the warriors but then again the Cavs are prly the only team that has a chance to beat GSW.

In the end what I am saying is that the Bulls will sweep us and then turn around and get swept in the next series  :laugh:

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
I called this, sadly.

I was telling my brother the night before game 1, that I was worried about this matchup. 

I know the Bulls seem short on talent, and I know they have been all over the place this season, but they have a number of veteran guys on that roster that play with a lot of heart, and you can never underestimate the power of heart.

Love him or hate him, Wade is a winner.  It was he (not Lebron) who was the true spiritual leader of those first couple of Miami teams.  It was he (not Shaq) he was the key behind Miaami's first title.  He's always been a bit time player who plays to win. 

Rondo, in all his years as a Celtic, was always known as the guy who doesn't care in the regular season, but takes his game to another level come playoff time.  He's a guy who wants to win, and he killed is today.

Butler is a bit of an unknown as a winner and leader, but he's a hell of a player who can score, rebound and pass at a very high level for his position. 

Lopez is a tough guy who plays hard physical ball - much like Perkins was for us.  He's not hugely talented but hes a big body  who's not afraid to band and pound around - he plays with a lot of heart, and he's a very big dude - something we don't have any of. 

All of that made me seriously concerned - if Boston doesn't play with everything they've got, and play Smart, then a Veteran team, like these Bulls, is going to take advantage of that every opportunity they get.

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I think we win some games in this series, if we don't then it is time to take a hard look at the team and it's makeup.

Offline RAAAAAAAANDY

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 57
The Bulls are the 9th best team in the Conference. They had a mid-season implosion. They built their back court around 3 ball dominant players who range from average to abysmal as 3 point shooters, and their coach is on the verge of getting fired.

They are absolutely a normal 8 seed. Look at what has been a standard 8 seed out west these past few years and get back to me.

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
no. we are a true 1 seed and they are a true 8 seed.

we are a bad 1 seed, and chicago a talented 8 seed, but wwe really did have the best record in the league and they really have the 8th best.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
I expect us to win ONE game in the series as the #8 seed dismantles us. They got rid of Gibson & McDermott and they are still killing us. Paul freakin Zisper? Really? Nobody knows how to put a body in front of a career 5.9 rpg Lopez?

Need to totally blow this up.

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

we are a bad 1 seed, and chicago a talented 8 seed, but wwe really did have the best record in the league and they really have the 8th best.

This...with one addition, when it comes to the playoffs you can throw out the regular season records

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
The Bulls were dead last in the league in 3 point shooting.  Overall, one of the worst offensive teams in the league.

But they were great on the boards and solid defensively, they've an All-Star caliber wing who is better than anybody on our roster, and they're bigger than us at virtually every position.

No good team should lose to the Bulls in a 7 game series.  I guess we're learning that at least when it comes to playoff basketball, the Celtics are not a good team.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

This...with one addition, when it comes to the playoffs you can throw out the regular season records
I dont disagree. our 53 wins cant save us now. Our talent(which is awfully low for a 1 seed) has to do that
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
I think we win some games in this series, if we don't then it is time to take a hard look at the team and it's makeup.
I think it's time for a long hard look either way if we win fewer than 4 games in this series.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."