Author Topic: Right now Celtics blog is a "Venting machine"  (Read 1881 times)

Right now Celtics blog is a "Venting machine"
« on: April 19, 2017, 04:30:07 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
I woke up, saw the result, said: "Urgh!"
Then my finger flew to write the letter "f" in the search box, and at that moment I knew what I was about to see. CB forum flooded with disappointment in all shapes and sizes. I didn't want to start my day reading purely negative emotions, so I dismissed it soon enough and went on with the morning stuff. Usually, these negative comments get on my nerve, but not this time. This morning I saw CB as a great therapy session for people all over the world. Comments themselves don't have BB value (OK maybe 1 out of 100), but they surely provide value to the ones that wrote them. They vent and become more stable emotionally and mentally, preserving their loved ones and colleagues from further suffering. I understand this is the time when even we, the guys, have periods and CB cuts it for at least a couple of days IMO.
Thank you, sincerely, Celtics blog staff for helping many souls in their moments of crisis and despair.
Everyone, have a good one!
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 05:06:17 AM by Androslav »
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

Re: Right now Celtics blog is a "Venting machine"
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2017, 05:03:26 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
yeah many here had unrealistic expectations for this team. Consider they are playing a team with three NBA All-Stars and possibly two or three HOF players but for Rondo's injury. With the rebounding problems and the soft play perhaps some were unrealistic about team. That is okay, but once the games are played you can at least view them objectively.

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2017, 05:31:02 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
yeah many here had unrealistic expectations for this team. Consider they are playing a team with three NBA All-Stars and possibly two or three HOF players but for Rondo's injury. With the rebounding problems and the soft play perhaps some were unrealistic about team. That is okay, but once the games are played you can at least view them objectively.
hold up.

they are playing a team with 1 all-star a 35 year old hall of famer coming off EASILY his worst season ever AND a major injury, and one former all-star who has torn an ACL, been dismissed from a team in the middle of a playoff series and racked up DNP-CDs for a .500 Bulls team.

both Rondo and Wade have had some vintage moments here, but this isnt a good Bulls team. This is a bad Celtics performance.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2017, 05:48:11 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
hold up.

they are playing a team with 1 all-star a 35 year old hall of famer coming off EASILY his worst season ever AND a major injury, and one former all-star who has torn an ACL, been dismissed from a team in the middle of a playoff series and racked up DNP-CDs for a .500 Bulls team.

both Rondo and Wade have had some vintage moments here, but this isnt a good Bulls team. This is a bad Celtics performance.

You still do not get it, huh? Wade and Rondo live for the playoffs. They are no longer motivated to play the regular season. Rondo could have had a HOF career in the right circumstance, he is that good. Wade is a first ballot HOF and Butler is a legitimate superstar. They have talent, they have size, and they are healthy. Yeah, that is a tough out for a team without much talent or size.

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2017, 06:12:05 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Wow, one of those optimism threads..........................JK

many here had unrealistic expectations for this team

I agree, we are the army of misfit toys from Rudolph.   We have had problems all year.   In many ways, I feel we overachieved.  Ainge needs to assess the roster and improve it.  This series is not helping our assets improve in value nor will it help free agents.

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2017, 06:58:23 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.

The unfortunate tragedy that affected IT has affected the entire team. You can see it all over them. Their passing, shooting, lack of rotations on D. Even IT was 7 of 11 free throws. Thats his worst stretch at the line fot this entire season. Terrible timing but that's not what's important here.

Jesus guys calm the fck down. We've had a great season for our roster. This current squad is going to be very different once we are true contenders. Our coach has done amazing job, unfortunately we are playing poorly and the Bulls are playing out of their minds.

Calm the fck down every one!
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2017, 07:26:39 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

The unfortunate tragedy that affected IT has affected the entire team. You can see it all over them. Their passing, shooting, lack of rotations on D. Even IT was 7 of 11 free throws. Thats his worst stretch at the line fot this entire season. Terrible timing but that's not what's important here.

Jesus guys calm the fck down. We've had a great season for our roster. This current squad is going to be very different once we are true contenders. Our coach has done amazing job, unfortunately we are playing poorly and the Bulls are playing out of their minds.

I agree, they played spirited ball for the first 5 minutes, driven by emotion.  Once they got that out, they lost any sense of urgency.  It's as if they had to come out and make a statement.  They did, and that was it.

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2017, 07:39:55 AM »

Online jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

I think you meant to say 7-13 on his free-throws and that is beyond brutal for IT.

Also, I am not one of those ones freaking out, but people are allowed to be disappointed. Many here catch almost every game, often putting aside other interests/priorities to do so. Very few people expected anything beyond an ECF appearance and most would have been okay with a first round win and close 2nd round loss.

The AB/Crowder/KO excuse is not there anymore. Adding home court advantage and an All-Star PF/C was supposed to solve our issues.

This team is really letting its fan base down.

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2017, 07:47:14 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I think you meant to say 7-13 on his free-throws and that is beyond brutal for IT.

It is harder to make FTs when you have had the snot knocked out of you prior to the shot.   I think teams know the key to beating IT is to get physical.

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2017, 07:53:38 AM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406

It is harder to make FTs when you have had the snot knocked out of you prior to the shot.   I think teams know the key to beating IT is to get physical.

It's the same formula used last year in the playoffs. This is why putting all of your eggs in a 5'7" PG is unrealistic. Celtics need to draft Fultz and cut ties with IT, guy is not worth the max. Been saying it all season and been getting blasted for it, hopefully folks around here are reminded why now.

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2017, 08:30:15 AM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
hold up.

You still do not get it, huh? Wade and Rondo live for the playoffs. They are no longer motivated to play the regular season. Rondo could have had a HOF career in the right circumstance, he is that good. Wade is a first ballot HOF and Butler is a legitimate superstar. They have talent, they have size, and they are healthy. Yeah, that is a tough out for a team without much talent or size.

I really don't understand this perspective.  Wade is shot as a player, Rondo got multiple DNP-CD's, the Bulls have been a dysfunctional mess most of the season and Hoiberg has been considered a joke of a coach by Chicago fans.

And it's not like we're seeing the Celtics play as well as we've seen them play but losing because they can't overcome inherent flaws.  They're just getting punked.

Mike

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2017, 08:33:20 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

Dude, the Celts won 53 games and were a top 10 offense with a defense that crept toward top 10 by the end of the season.

The Bulls were a terrible shooting team that barely managed to get to. 500 by season's end.

It was not unrealistic to expect the Celts to win this series in fairly convincing fashion, albeit with some challenges.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2017, 08:59:56 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.

Dude, the Celts won 53 games and were a top 10 offense with a defense that crept toward top 10 by the end of the season.

The Bulls were a terrible shooting team that barely managed to get to. 500 by season's end.

It was not unrealistic to expect the Celts to win this series in fairly convincing fashion, albeit with some challenges.

Oops
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2017, 09:42:55 AM »

Offline SuddenFame

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 28

You mean a 53 win team that feasted on cellar dwellers, but was routinely "punked" throughout the season by inferior teams in key spots?? That 53 win team?? Ok, Roger That.