Author Topic: KG: "I want to be involved with a winning organization, help young guys progress  (Read 3250 times)

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
I would love to see KG here. It is always beneficial to have your greats within the organization. However, I think he wants to be a part owner and I am not sure he can achieve that in Boston. But we check his boxes; winning organization, lots of young guys. Who knows.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
I would love to see KG here. It is always beneficial to have your greats within the organization. However, I think he wants to be a part owner and I am not sure he can achieve that in Boston. But we check his boxes; winning organization, lots of young guys. Who knows.
Who knows we might be able to give him a small stake
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Who knows we might be able to give him a small stake

Rich folks do not give away stakes like that. What happened to Boston being publicly traded?

Oops I see Wyc's group took company private in 2003 when they bought the team.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 06:00:29 AM by Ogaju »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
Didn't Leon Powe had shares with a team (not so sure)

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
I thought he was already part owner of T Wolves . 

Offline Spilling Green Dye

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 115
I'm really impressed by this b/c KG has made more money in basketball contracts than anyone - $315M.  To still want to be involved and working says a lot about him.

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Kg has to bring his asking price lower. Billionaires don't give away stakes in their toys like that. He can find an investment group to request to purchase a small stake.

Kg can teach toughness / defense / rebounding to the young guys

Offline BE-Celtic

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 48
I'm sure this would be a great thing. And he could share some play-off experience, which, in the current state of things wouldn't be useless :D

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Perennial first round playoff team doesn't seem to qualify as "winning."  We'd be lucky to lure Vin Baker away from his job at Starbucks or Nate Robinson from Guaros de Lara to coach up our youth. 
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

Offline mahcus smaht

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 4
Perennial first round playoff team doesn't seem to qualify as "winning."  We'd be lucky to lure Vin Baker away from his job at Starbucks or Nate Robinson from Guaros de Lara to coach up our youth.
I dont see KG hopping on with some random organization.

If he joins ownership it would between Minnesota, Boston and LA(Doc)

If I were him Id take Boston out of that trio

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
timberwolves aren't winning. He didn't mean it literal

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

Yeah, I'm sure he'd consider Boston like mahcus said above.  My comment was meant to be tongue-in-cheek.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge

Yeah, I'm sure he'd consider Boston like mahcus said above.  My comment was meant to be tongue-in-cheek.
was a good comment . Googled and Learned about vin baker being a manager at a Starbucks after losing all his $100 million.  Amazing how far someone can fall if they're terrible with basic personal finance.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 09:57:04 PM by CelticsElite »