Author Topic: Its not over till someone wins 4 games  (Read 1591 times)

Its not over till someone wins 4 games
« on: April 19, 2017, 01:21:31 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
I, like everyone else, am incredibly dissapointed in this teams performance. I feel I owe a shoutout of sorts to the many posters who I dismissed as pessimists. Yall win this round. I thought I was on the side of logic as I assumed our 53 win outfit would dismantle the 41 win Bulls. I was wrong.

I have long dismissed the cries of "Trade Horford" and "trade Isaiah" as unrealistic and ridiculous. After the past two games they look like they are well worth revisiting.

All that said, lets not focus on the offseason until it is here. 

How can this team win 4 out of 5 against this Chicago Bulls team?

"Well nobody yet has won four games" -Jerry Remy
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

Re: Its not over till someone wins 4 games
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2017, 01:24:07 AM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
An admirable sentiment, but:

1) There are no first-ballot HOFers on this team.

2) This team doesn't have as much firepower as that Suns team.

3) No one on this team wants to play defense.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2017, 01:33:46 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
An admirable sentiment, but:

1) There are no first-ballot HOFers on this team.

2) This team doesn't have as much firepower as that Suns team.

3) No one on this team wants to play defense.
Don't think this Bulls team is as good as the team the Suns played lol, but as a Celtic fan let's hope for the best and Al pulls off some monster games
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2017, 01:36:29 AM »

Offline Miranda-Kerr

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 13
  • MEAN GREEN MONSTAR TEAM
I appreciate your optimism but lets not sugar coat things aye

The Celtics just plain suck and have vastly overachieved. It would take something short of a miracle to even win a single [dang] game with this heavily flawed team.

It was entertaining for a couple seasons seeing a bunch of  guys with something to prove go all out on every possession. But now success has gotten to their heads and they think they are better than what they are.

Also Sir Charles averages almost 12 rebounds a game, Thais twice as many as Horford until another go to scorer and legit rebounder are bought in this team will never compete for a championship so lets stop overrating our own players

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2017, 01:43:00 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
It's over.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2017, 01:58:21 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
Its not likely that we win. Honestly, I dont see a clear path to a series victory, but the offseason is long, so if all thats left in this season is a week or two, lets wait out that week or two before we dive into the offseason.
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2017, 02:15:35 AM »

Online mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
I, like everyone else, am incredibly dissapointed in this teams performance. I feel I owe a shoutout of sorts to the many posters who I dismissed as pessimists. Yall win this round. I thought I was on the side of logic as I assumed our 53 win outfit would dismantle the 41 win Bulls. I was wrong.

I have long dismissed the cries of "Trade Horford" and "trade Isaiah" as unrealistic and ridiculous. After the past two games they look like they are well worth revisiting.

Very different teams. That suns team have future HOF and several all-stars like Ainge, Ceballos, Majerle, Tom Chambers and Kevin Johnson. Barkley was also the MVP of that season where he averaged 26/12. This team only have Horford who can be considered a star but he also struggled scoring in game 2 despite his increased rebounding number.

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2017, 02:18:21 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

Very different teams. That suns team have future HOF and several all-stars like Ainge, Ceballos, Majerle, Tom Chambers and Kevin Johnson. Barkley was also the MVP of that season where he averaged 26/12. This team only have Horford who can be considered a star but he also struggled scoring in game 2 despite his increased rebounding number.
We've got IT who's also a star, I mean the teams are very different but we do have 2 guys who can create for themselves (on a side note I do want Horford to be more aggressive and get some more post ups)
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2017, 02:20:13 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
my point was not to compare us to the suns, I just threw that in there at the end.

We are not the Suns and we are not the '04 Red Sox.

However, it is within the realm of possibility that we win 4 of the next 5. Its not likely, but it is within the realm of possibility.

Weve still got a chance, a small one for sure, but a chance nonetheless.

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2017, 02:36:45 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
If we have a Tom Brady-esque player in our team, then yeah I still like our chances being down 0-2.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2017, 03:29:12 AM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
now that i slept over a little bit( if you can call it sleeping) a couple of things stand out:

1. Amir has literally one job, keep Lopez from scoring and rebounding.
2. Team rebounding
3. It felt like the bulls were 10 times more organised and disciplined as a team, every one of their possessions had a head and a tail, while most of our possessions were Thomas penetrating and creating as he goes. Ball has to move better
4. Involve Green and Zeller if Kelly and Brown are not cutting it, involve them early. Especially Green, that can totally help out with his offense at least.

No way this is already over, and I'm not calling the game 3 a must win(hate that term) but i just cant believe that this is the same team that i watched all year long. I wouldnt mind getting beat by Butler, but guys we are getting beat by the freakin' Bulls.
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2017, 03:36:26 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
Anyone gonna root for the Bulls when they face the winner of Hawks vs Wizards?

Are we at that point yet or nah lol

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2017, 11:43:37 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fzbIscLPok

not particularly encouraging here, but worth a watch I suppose.

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2017, 11:56:50 PM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Anyone gonna root for the Bulls when they face the winner of Hawks vs Wizards?

Are we at that point yet or nah lol

No way. Some people cheer for the teams that beat their teams, but I usually loathe the teams that beat my teams.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2017, 12:24:38 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
I'm less concerned about whether we can win, and more concerned about whether we can avoid the embarrassment of being the only #1 team in NBA history to ever get swept by a #8 seed in the first round.

If we can't beat Chicago in two games at home, then I have very little faith in our ability to beat them in two games at Chicago - given our road record this year, from memory, was far from spectacular.

Also, we have still yet to see a single game where Wade and Butler both go off.

Wade was practically a non factor in both game 1 and game 2, and we still lost.  The guy averaged 18 Points Per Game and 22 Points Per 36 this season - he can still play, and it's only a matter of time before he explodes on us.