Author Topic: Just what this team needed  (Read 1378 times)

Just what this team needed
« on: April 18, 2017, 11:40:35 PM »

Offline celticpride1

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 40
Look I am much of a die hard Celtics fan just like everybody on this board. I live in Chicago and have been hearing this crap for 2 days. This team needed a kick to there ass. Team over achieved all year. For people saying fire Stevens get rid of Ainge your a moron and know nothing about basketball. This team is in year 3 of a rebuild and we have a chance at the number one pick in this years draft and can maybe get a max fa like a Griffin or Hayward. Would you rather be in the lakers situation? Not being a contender for a while? Sit back shut up and enjoy these years we have. We have one superstar in Thomas build around him.

Re: Just what this team needed
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2017, 11:45:33 PM »

Offline Banner18now!

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
Look I am much of a die hard Celtics fan just like everybody on this board. I live in Chicago and have been hearing this crap for 2 days. This team needed a kick to there ass. Team over achieved all year. For people saying fire Stevens get rid of Ainge your a moron and know nothing about basketball. This team is in year 3 of a rebuild and we have a chance at the number one pick in this years draft and can maybe get a max fa like a Griffin or Hayward. Would you rather be in the lakers situation? Not being a contender for a while? Sit back shut up and enjoy these years we have. We have one superstar in Thomas build around him.

Enjoy being a number 1 seed and watching them get embarrassed by the 8th seed? I knew this team was overrated but to get punked by a bad Chicago team is on of the biggest embarrassments in all of Celtic history.

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2017, 11:49:53 PM »

Offline celticpride1

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 40
Dude Thomas is going through so much emotion he probally shouldn't even be playing. His head isn't right. Team needs to rally around Thomas. He is going to be with his family for a few days. What he needs to do.

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2017, 11:54:51 PM »

Offline __ramonezy__

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 62

Agree 100%. You have to love the growth of this team. IT is now an mvp candidate. Bradley is improving into a top 5 two-way player. We're filtering through promising young talent and have one of the best young coaches in the league.... things are good in Celtics land.... long term at least

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2017, 11:59:00 PM »

Offline Banner18now!

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
Dude Thomas is going through so much emotion he probally shouldn't even be playing. His head isn't right. Team needs to rally around Thomas. He is going to be with his family for a few days. What he needs to do.

What the hell does that have to do with the rest of the team sucking? Thomas is the only one  who gets a pass yet he is still their best player. No effort on the boards and that excuse doesn't fly for the rest of the team. It's amazing how so many of you make excuses for suck ass players like Crowder and Smart. But yeaaaa they were the number 1 seed. Yee haw

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2017, 12:15:49 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875

Haven't you heard? The salary cap has been reduced from the $107M initially predicted, to $101M.

We won't have max cap space and can't go after a max free agent unless we pretty much renounce half the team...and even then we might not. Signing Horford to $30M a year killed that opportunity.

Out draft pick is nice, but it's going to be guaranteed top 4 and the four best players available are perimeter players, which doesn't do a whole lot to solve our biggest needs anytime soon. 

We have a GM who did an absolutely amazing job of accruing a glorious selection of assets - so good a job that he's now become so attached to them that he refuses to part with any of them.

We have a head coach who consistency makes some peculiar rotations that makes no real sense.

Aside from Isaiah thomas emerging as a true superstar, and the Brooklyn pick, there is really nothing to be excited about here. 

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2017, 12:16:08 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
Celtics haven't won in Chicago this season and I doubt they'll even be able to get a win in such a hostile environment.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2017, 12:19:49 AM »

Offline Miranda-Kerr

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 13
  • MEAN GREEN MONSTAR TEAM

Enjoy being a number 1 seed and watching them get embarrassed by the 8th seed? I knew this team was overrated but to get punked by a bad Chicago team is on of the biggest embarrassments in all of Celtic history.

Totally agree the entire organisation just a week ago were stating how they felt disrespected because the media didn't rate them.

Maybe because this team hasn't won a playoff series since 2012 and only 1 player remains from that same team.

I can't believe the number 1 seed is about to be swept by the #8

I'm more mad at myself for overestimating the ability of these players. The signs were there bad defence with terrible rebounding and no elite scorers is a recipe for disaster.

If it wasn't for IT this is a lottery team

Everybody besides Bradley, Isaiah, Smart, Horford, Crowder and Jayden needs to leave this off season. Even then at least 1 of the above players should be traded

After 4 seasons rebuilding is over no more excuses from here on out

The last chance for Ainge to sign or trade for a big name as we won't have the cap space to re sign everyone.

Honeymoon period is over. No more games pay a legit big man otherwise Ainge and CBS are idiots that can't see what's in front of them.

Anyone saying we are rebuilding can go and get farked as clearly we are not

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2017, 01:03:09 AM »

Offline chiken Green

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 75
This team is not Rebuilding - they are simply building.   Having a number 3 scorer in the league doesn't make us a Contender.. (fyi - The #1 scorer is probably heading home as well)

Being #1 in the east with just 53 freaking wins should have been a serious red flag..

We do not have a player to build around.. IT is a special scorer but you cant build a championship Team around him..  That's just the truth of the matter..

Until you have a player to build around, you are always going to be building (at the very least)

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2017, 01:27:29 AM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325

What makes it worse is losing to a former Cs player and that punk Duh-wayne Wade.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis