Author Topic: Bulls (1-0) at Celtics (0-1) PO game #2 4/18/17  (Read 69019 times)

Re: Bulls (1-0) at Celtics (0-1) PO game #2 4/18/17
« Reply #840 on: April 18, 2017, 10:53:29 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
Brad needs to start Brown and Zeller over Amir and Bradley next game. He's got to change it up. You have to go down swinging!

Something has to change. Hell, last year we inserted JJ in the starting lineup in game 3 and won the next two games at home. Maybe it'll work again this year. Give us a more mobile defender and more spacing offensively for IT to penetrate.

I'd also start Smart instead of Bradley, who has been putrid. At least you can play IT on and off the ball that way, and it gives you better overall D in the starting lineup.

« Reply #841 on: April 18, 2017, 10:54:00 PM »

Offline bello_man09

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 244
  • "Celtic for life" REBUILD OR TANK
what happened to Crowder he's doing nothing out there. his defense is below average. honestly, can go out hes like a fake though guy. at least marcus brings it..and Stevens more of rozier our bigs can't crash the boards, lets try it with guys that wanna rebound. 

« Reply #842 on: April 18, 2017, 10:54:18 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
This Celtics collapse is really upsetting for me. My mom passed away a couple weeks ago and the C's success was the only positive thing I felt like I had going and now I can't count on it.

Sorry for your loss .  Life throws us some hard balls ... Usually at the most in opportune time it seems.  You ll remember your mothers love as long as you live .   

Hang in there .     

« Reply #843 on: April 18, 2017, 10:55:06 PM »

Offline outcry

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 133
Danny has missed in the draft and it has caught up to him...drafting rozier at 16 still is a dumb pick...

Fab Melo...instead of Crowder, Green, Middleton...awful. Heck throw Sully in that

Jajuan Johnson...barf

Smart has been his best pick...book still out on Brown

Every team besides GS missed on Green. Stop. Ainge has done pretty well with his late first rd. picks. Crowder has done really well in the playoffs and he's not sensitive at all..
2011 PAPOUG CHAMPION

« Reply #844 on: April 18, 2017, 10:55:17 PM »

Offline crimcartel

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 13
Bradley is struggling... His shot is short most of the time. Sad that he is not firing on all cylinders second year in a row

« Reply #845 on: April 18, 2017, 10:56:00 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 638
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Rondo was yelling that the C's quit. That Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. would have nver happened under PP and KG. Jae Crowder is a studio tough guy

« Reply #846 on: April 18, 2017, 10:56:22 PM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 236
Not ready to count us out of the series, but I'm sure as hell convinced we aren't getting past Cleveland, and would fully expect to lose before then.

Fortunately, we have the youngest team in the Eastern Conference playoffs, the third lowest payroll of the bunch and two premium draft picks coming. This is one year earlier than I would have expected to contend. Just glad we got to enjoy the ride.

I felt pretty  much this way ... as long as they made it out of Round One.

This year was time to finally show some results in the playoffs.

That's not happening, obviously.

It changes things.

I don't see how. We were never a title contender as constructed, and have been playing the waiting game to see which path to take. It's embarrassing if we go out this way, but it's hardly shocking that a team built on the fly around a player we gave up spare parts to acquire isn't ready for the big show yet. We took our shot at KD and missed, so we are back at the drawing board. It just so happens that it's a pretty nice board, too.

If this series ends up a Boston loss—which I'm now expecting—I don't see how it can't change things. Sure, Boston wasn't winning a title this year, but it was fair to expect a first-round win.

We have one all-star who plays terrible defense, another all-star who shows up only half the time (and is a "big" who can't rebound well), and a bunch of "value contracts" who are showing that their real value isn't all that much. And there's no guarantee Danny hits on either of the Nets picks. These team is what it is—a bunch of regular-season overachievers who can't cut it when it counts.

I guess my question would be what does it change? Was anyone under some sort of illusion that this core could win a title without adding a genuine star to the mix? Do we just assume it's time for fire Brad Stevens over this and ignore the fact that we overachieved in the first place?

I still think we're in the same place regardless of how we get eliminated this year. We're a team that has some good complementary pieces that will need to find a star player. Depending on the route we take to get that star, we will need to make some various roster moves that fit that path.

« Reply #847 on: April 18, 2017, 10:57:31 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 638
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Danny has missed in the draft and it has caught up to him...drafting rozier at 16 still is a dumb pick...

Fab Melo...instead of Crowder, Green, Middleton...awful. Heck throw Sully in that

Jajuan Johnson...barf

Every team besides GS missed on Green. Stop. Ainge has done pretty well with his late first rd picks.

He has? Name anyone other than KO who was mid round? Ainge has had one good pick and that was Smart. Most of the guys he has picked are not even around...

« Reply #848 on: April 18, 2017, 11:00:09 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
I'm just glad we didn't go "all in" with this club and give up future assets for rentals.

Ainge and Stevens have both said we are still rebuilding, and that we need to temper expectations.

They are definitely right.

« Reply #849 on: April 18, 2017, 11:01:16 PM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
Rondo was yelling that the C's quit. That **** would have nver happened under PP and KG. Jae Crowder is a studio tough guy
i wonder what he has to say. he has looked like a bum, at this point last year playoff crowder looks like a blessing.
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #850 on: April 18, 2017, 11:01:47 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

Jajuan Johnson...barf

Every team besides GS missed on Green. Stop. Ainge has done pretty well with his late first rd picks.

He has? Name anyone other than KO who was mid round? Ainge has had one good pick and that was Smart. Most of the guys he has picked are not even around...
Avery Bradley Big Al Rajon Rondo Tony Allen Delonte West
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #851 on: April 18, 2017, 11:04:04 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
what happened to Crowder he's doing nothing out there. his defense is below average. honestly, can go out hes like a fake though guy. at least marcus brings it..and Stevens more of rozier our bigs can't crash the boards, lets try it with guys that wanna rebound.

Crowder has been bad in the playoffs for 2 straight years now.

Pretty disappointing. His trade value is dropping with each game, too.

« Reply #852 on: April 18, 2017, 11:06:56 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
Zipser 16 pts are you kidding me? He would have been 2nd highest scorer on the Cs

Rondo totally dominated us and Wade with 22 really?

Our free throws were special 11-19

Don't know if I can watch the Friday game when the blow our doors off in their building.

« Reply #853 on: April 18, 2017, 11:07:32 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

Crowder has been bad in the playoffs for 2 straight years now.

Pretty disappointing. His trade value is dropping with each game, too.

Jaylen has to get his minutes next year, and bring him off the bench. If he keeps playing like this, I'd rather have Jaylen in his spot and further develop him. Crowder would be a solid off the bench guy at the very least.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #854 on: April 18, 2017, 11:09:57 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Let's be honest ... the NBA is completely rigged. They have their designated teams with stars they want to win . Refs have come out and written books about it and  admitted it