Author Topic: Bulls (1-0) at Celtics (0-1) PO game #2 4/18/17  (Read 68997 times)

Re: Bulls (1-0) at Celtics (0-1) PO game #2 4/18/17
« Reply #855 on: April 18, 2017, 11:12:07 PM »

Offline ashanm10

• NGT
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 11
  • Ahsan from Greece :D Panathinaikos and Celtics Fan
That fail press conference lol...
🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀

Banner 18...and BEYOND!!!

« Reply #856 on: April 18, 2017, 11:13:38 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
One would think in th playoffs, rotation minutes would gravitate toward more veteran players like JJ and Green over rookie Brown and rookie contract Olynyk. Might've put out better offense without giving up much. And holy Jesus Zeller blew it defensively.

My adjustment is still to play Jerebko and Crowder mostly at
PF,  Horford and Amir at C, Brown (for the experience as much as anything, though if they really want to win they play Green), and probably Rozier because my neighbors will file a noise complaint about my screaming every time Smart jacks up a 3.

Gotta light those guys up. They killed us with little more than a box + 1 defense.

Brad might have cost us this one.

« Reply #857 on: April 18, 2017, 11:20:13 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Amongst all the disappointment at the Celtics thus far in the playoffs, I can't help but feel good about seeing Rondo doing well again. I'm glad talent , i.e. good old fashioned basketball skills that Rondo embodies, is highly effective in the playoffs again. I was upset to see him called a dinosaur falling behind in the era of shoot first guards.

« Reply #858 on: April 18, 2017, 11:23:27 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Amongst all the disappointment at the Celtics thus far in the playoffs, I can't help but feel good about seeing Rondo doing well again. I'm glad talent , i.e. good old fashioned basketball skills that Rondo embodies, is highly effective in the playoffs again. I was upset to see him called a dinosaur falling behind in the era of shoot first guards.
https://instagram.com/p/BTDQGLolxFj/

He's a fun player to watch. How many other players consistently do the olujuwan dream shake

« Reply #859 on: April 18, 2017, 11:25:51 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Zipser 16 pts are you kidding me? He would have been 2nd highest scorer on the Cs

Rondo totally dominated us and Wade with 22 really?

Our free throws were special 11-19

Don't know if I can watch the Friday game when the blow our doors off in their building.

I disagree.    This team struggles when they are expected to win and have all goodies in their favor , they play down ....lose to Philly , easy home games . I'm not surprised they lost the first two at home , they have barely eked out victories all year .  Never really dominated .

I kinda expect them to win a game in Chicago .  Away where their most impressive games were played for the most part.   They seem to focus on the Road. .....they look better .  I have not been impressed with Celtic play at home.  Even when they win ...it was by skin of their teeth.

After that , I just don 't have a lot of confidence to win .   Too much talent disparity to overcome.

« Reply #860 on: April 18, 2017, 11:39:47 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
Playoff basketball. They shut down IT for the most part. He gets no foul calls when he's fouled and if he does get the foul he can't hit the shots. Without IT being able to score 30+ and should high percentage at the line with the clock stopped we have zero chance. I mean I knew this was inevitable but this wasn't supposed to happen in the 1st round at home against the 8 seed. So we are going to draft a point guard most likely to add to our collection. Next year we can play extreme small ball. We have to wait until 2018 to try to get our big? Oh yeah our two draft and stash guys will be coming to our rescue.

« Reply #861 on: April 19, 2017, 03:37:43 AM »

Offline ashanm10

• NGT
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 11
  • Ahsan from Greece :D Panathinaikos and Celtics Fan
i ve found a way t watch the game

i ll sue the i.net provider tomorrow

They did you a favor by not letting you watch it haha...
🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀

Banner 18...and BEYOND!!!

« Reply #862 on: April 19, 2017, 05:50:38 AM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Danny has missed in the draft and it has caught up to him...drafting rozier at 16 still is a dumb pick...

Fab Melo...instead of Crowder, Green, Middleton...awful. Heck throw Sully in that

Jajuan Johnson...barf

Smart has been his best pick...book still out on Brown

Every team besides GS missed on Green. Stop. Ainge has done pretty well with his late first rd picks.

He has? Name anyone other than KO who was mid round? Ainge has had one good pick and that was Smart. Most of the guys he has picked are not even around...

Yep he's been awful in the draft.  He drafts good boy projects instead of going out and getting ballers

« Reply #863 on: April 19, 2017, 05:53:04 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Danny has missed in the draft and it has caught up to him...drafting rozier at 16 still is a dumb pick...

Fab Melo...instead of Crowder, Green, Middleton...awful. Heck throw Sully in that

Jajuan Johnson...barf

Every team besides GS missed on Green. Stop. Ainge has done pretty well with his late first rd picks.

He has? Name anyone other than KO who was mid round? Ainge has had one good pick and that was Smart. Most of the guys he has picked are not even around...

Yep he's been awful in the draft.  He drafts good boy projects instead of going out and getting ballers

does Rozier fit in the good  boy project?

« Reply #864 on: April 19, 2017, 06:03:11 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I can't help but feel good about seeing Rondo doing well again

Part of me feels this way as well.

« Reply #865 on: April 19, 2017, 08:54:41 AM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545
My two cents:

1) Marcus Smart has been our best player these last two games, hands down. Avery Bradley is a solid second. That's about it.

2) This game perfectly showed how important it is for us that Kelly Olynyk plays well. He's not a kid anymore. He can't get outplayed by the likes of Mirotic, Portis and freaking Zipser in the playoffs. He was terrible game 1, and hot and cold game 2. He needs to step it up and play consistently well.

Kill the boy, and let the man be born, Kelly.

3) There's clearly something in the player's heads. Whether it's the fact they haven't won a playoff series, yet, the pressure and expectations of being a #1 seed, or the tragic death of Chyna Thomas, I don't know, but there's clearly a mental blockade thing going on here.

They're not just playing against the Bulls, they're also up against some Boogie Monster in their heads. Block it out, let loose, go crazy, whatever. I know it sounds harsh, but there's no time to work through whatever it is that's nagging you in the back of your mind. You need to get over this, yesterday.
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #866 on: April 19, 2017, 09:13:43 AM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
And Brad Stevens needs to get his **** together and put some [dang] athletes on the court like smart and brown not trash like KO and rozier

Rozier isn't an athlete? He's trash?

Boo to you sir.

« Reply #867 on: April 19, 2017, 09:16:36 AM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
Bradley is struggling... His shot is short most of the time. Sad that he is not firing on all cylinders second year in a row

I think this playoff series might make some of Danny's decisions easier.

Pros: Marcus Smart

Cons: KO, Jae, Avery

I want them to resign IT and Smart, ultimately let KO, Jae, and Avery walk, draft 2 studs, and another FA.

« Reply #868 on: April 19, 2017, 09:38:06 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

Jajuan Johnson...barf

Avery Bradley Big Al Rajon Rondo Tony Allen Delonte West
Gerald Green, E-Twaun Moore, Jared Sullinger.

Perk and Powe out of league due to injury but were very solid players when healthy.  Gomes, BBD had decent-length careers for second rounders.   

Danny's drafting isn't the issue.  no one hits a home run every time and it's too easy to cherry-pick the ones that he (and many others) didn't pick.

As for the mid-round comment earlier -- Danny's had only 2 'high' picks which would be a single-digit pick.  Smart and Brown.  Everyone else was 13 (KO) or later which makes them mid-round or a late first.  I'd say Danny's done pretty well considering his draft position.