Author Topic: Bulls (1-0) at Celtics (0-1) PO game #2 4/18/17  (Read 69023 times)

Re: Bulls (1-0) at Celtics (0-1) PO game #2 4/18/17
« Reply #810 on: April 18, 2017, 10:34:54 PM »

Offline Shamrocker

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 69
Stop making excuses for a #1 seed. That's all I'm saying. I'm sick of it. This team should be getting to the ECF. People need to be held accountable at some point.

« Reply #811 on: April 18, 2017, 10:34:59 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 638
  • MASTER OF PANIC
This Bulls team is trash.

« Reply #812 on: April 18, 2017, 10:35:59 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
So, any suggestion on what needs to change? Other than rebound the freaking basketball, of course?

It's just sad seeing the boys fold like this. If anything, this will probably depress Isaiah more and we won't get anything (not that we got something tonight).

Sigh. I think I need to prepare myself for the sweep...

We need veterans to bark at these guys that the playoffs are a different monster. We need a PP34 and KG. These guys looked like they gave up

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #813 on: April 18, 2017, 10:36:08 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
So then what are we?

They just grabbed our arms and used them to beat us up and were like "Why you hitting yourself? Why you hitting yourself" the entire game and we just took it

« Reply #814 on: April 18, 2017, 10:36:43 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
There's enough blame to go around in this disaster. The basic point is this team is undersized at almost every position. When they do go big, they're lacking talent and shooting.

There are some players on this team that need to go, and some are starters.

« Reply #815 on: April 18, 2017, 10:37:32 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 638
  • MASTER OF PANIC
So then what are we?

They just grabbed our arms and used them to beat us up and were like "Why you hitting yourself? Why you hitting yourself" the entire game and we just took it

Soft, undersized, not as good as the record, not the #1 seed, a first round playoff loser again. That is what they are

« Reply #816 on: April 18, 2017, 10:38:35 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Stop making excuses for a #1 seed. That's all I'm saying. I'm sick of it. This team should be getting to the ECF. People need to be held accountable at some point.

Amen

Blow the [dang] thing up

« Reply #817 on: April 18, 2017, 10:39:07 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
Disgusting

« Reply #818 on: April 18, 2017, 10:41:18 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Instead of tanking properly and getting some stars, we've effectively built a roster of soft pretzels and bench players.  3 years later and here we are ;D >:(

« Reply #819 on: April 18, 2017, 10:41:44 PM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 236
Not ready to count us out of the series, but I'm sure as hell convinced we aren't getting past Cleveland, and would fully expect to lose before then.

Fortunately, we have the youngest team in the Eastern Conference playoffs, the third lowest payroll of the bunch and two premium draft picks coming. This is one year earlier than I would have expected to contend. Just glad we got to enjoy the ride.

I felt pretty  much this way ... as long as they made it out of Round One.

This year was time to finally show some results in the playoffs.

That's not happening, obviously.

It changes things.

I don't see how. We were never a title contender as constructed, and have been playing the waiting game to see which path to take. It's embarrassing if we go out this way, but it's hardly shocking that a team built on the fly around a player we gave up spare parts to acquire isn't ready for the big show yet. We took our shot at KD and missed, so we are back at the drawing board. It just so happens that it's a pretty nice board, too.

« Reply #820 on: April 18, 2017, 10:42:25 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 533
Interesting post game show not one negative comment about a Celtic...at some point you lose your credibility Scal for refusing to criticize but I guess management probably doesn't want you doing that...

« Reply #821 on: April 18, 2017, 10:43:03 PM »

Offline Shamrocker

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 69
Not ready to count us out of the series, but I'm sure as hell convinced we aren't getting past Cleveland, and would fully expect to lose before then.

Fortunately, we have the youngest team in the Eastern Conference playoffs, the third lowest payroll of the bunch and two premium draft picks coming. This is one year earlier than I would have expected to contend. Just glad we got to enjoy the ride.

It changes things.

I don't see how. We were never a title contender as constructed, and have been playing the waiting game to see which path to take. It's embarrassing if we go out this way, but it's hardly shocking that a team built on the fly around a player we gave up spare parts to acquire isn't ready for the big show yet. We took our shot at KD and missed, so we are back at the drawing board. It just so happens that it's a pretty nice board, too.

Here we go... ::)

« Reply #822 on: April 18, 2017, 10:43:07 PM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 236
Instead of tanking properly and getting some stars, we've effectively built a roster of soft pretzels and bench players.  3 years later and here we are ;D >:(

We have the best odds in the league at landing the top pick. Why would we tank?

« Reply #823 on: April 18, 2017, 10:44:47 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587

It changes things.

So I'm trying to feel this way, and in the long run you're right... However I agree with Pho. There is no excuse for losing in the first round to an 8 seed, even if we are ahead of schedule.

If the flaws of this team are so great that we can't even do that... Then some major changes need to happen.

« Reply #824 on: April 18, 2017, 10:44:55 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
Brad needs to start Brown and Zeller over Amir and Bradley next game. He's got to change it up. You have to go down swinging!