Author Topic: Bulls (1-0) at Celtics (0-1) PO game #2 4/18/17  (Read 69749 times)

Re: Bulls (1-0) at Celtics (0-1) PO game #2 4/18/17
« Reply #795 on: April 18, 2017, 10:31:46 PM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 236
Not ready to count us out of the series, but I'm sure as hell convinced we aren't getting past Cleveland, and would fully expect to lose before then.

Fortunately, we have the youngest team in the Eastern Conference playoffs, the third lowest payroll of the bunch and two premium draft picks coming. This is one year earlier than I would have expected to contend. Just glad we got to enjoy the ride.

« Reply #796 on: April 18, 2017, 10:31:55 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Let me say this loud and clear:

I WAS WRONG ABOUT THIS TEAM.

Thomas, Bradley, Crowder, Horford .... they may win you a decent number of games in the regular season, but that's not the core of a quality playoff team.

I was wrong.  Gotta make major changes this summer.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #797 on: April 18, 2017, 10:31:56 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
So, any suggestion on what needs to change? Other than rebound the freaking basketball, of course?

It's just sad seeing the boys fold like this. If anything, this will probably depress Isaiah more and we won't get anything (not that we got something tonight).

Sigh. I think I need to prepare myself for the sweep...
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #798 on: April 18, 2017, 10:32:10 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 658
  • MASTER OF PANIC
This series and season is over. If they cannot get up at home for the playoffs, they are not doing it on the road

« Reply #799 on: April 18, 2017, 10:32:31 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Let me say this loud and clear:

I WAS WRONG ABOUT THIS TEAM.

Thomas, Bradley, Crowder, Horford .... they may win you a decent number of games in the regular season, but that's not the core of a quality playoff team.

I was wrong.  Gotta make major changes this summer.

Tp
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #800 on: April 18, 2017, 10:32:46 PM »

Offline ashanm10

• NGT
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 11
  • Ahsan from Greece :D Panathinaikos and Celtics Fan
I'm pretty sure Smart gave the finger to some fan in the first rows before being benched in the fourth...

I was really exited of seeing this team in the playoff, but this has been really frustrating so far.

And will continue to be
🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀

Banner 18...and BEYOND!!!

« Reply #801 on: April 18, 2017, 10:32:51 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Not ready to count us out of the series, but I'm sure as hell convinced we aren't getting past Cleveland, and would fully expect to lose before then.

Fortunately, we have the youngest team in the Eastern Conference playoffs, the third lowest payroll of the bunch and two premium draft picks coming. This is one year earlier than I would have expected to contend. Just glad we got to enjoy the ride.

I felt pretty  much this way ... as long as they made it out of Round One.

This year was time to finally show some results in the playoffs.

That's not happening, obviously.

It changes things.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #802 on: April 18, 2017, 10:33:16 PM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Fultz, Hayward, Zizic and Yabu are coming next year

Lol why in the world would Hayward leave Utah for this team? lol

Also might've missed the boat on Butler. Gotta think if Chicago wraps this series up, Wade opts in and they run it back.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #803 on: April 18, 2017, 10:33:17 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177
I still think a zone might work on defense.

Not sure how to fix our offense though.

Shooters in the corners and post Horford.... Play that old Magic offense they used to play in Orlando with shah and then again with Dwight... Change it up Brad before it's too late...

« Reply #804 on: April 18, 2017, 10:33:25 PM »

Offline outcry

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 133
 Stop making excuses for a #1 seed. That's all I'm saying. I'm sick of it. This team should be getting to the ECF. People need to be held accountable at some point.
2011 PAPOUG CHAMPION

« Reply #805 on: April 18, 2017, 10:34:00 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540

They're done. Their getting physically manhandled and don't have the horses to deal with that.

« Reply #806 on: April 18, 2017, 10:34:08 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 658
  • MASTER OF PANIC
These guys better be glad KG doesn't play with them. He would kill someone for this effort

« Reply #807 on: April 18, 2017, 10:34:17 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177
Fultz, Hayward, Zizic and Yabu are coming next year

Lol why in the world would Hayward leave Utah for this team? lol

Also might've missed the boat on Butler. Gotta think if Chicago wraps this series up, Wade opts in and they run it back.

Not if they get beat down in the next round or if they blow this series....

« Reply #808 on: April 18, 2017, 10:34:24 PM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
So many forced shots by IT, the most worthless 20 points ever.  Too many turnovers, too many drives to the paint and getting stuffed.  Our spacing on off is so bad.  IT isn't a player that can put the team on his shoulders in the playoffs.  He is being game planned for by the bulls.

Yeah, I don't think even LeBron could carry this team to victory. IT is the least of Boston's problems. At least IT excels on one side of the ball—the rest of these guys, except maybe Smart, can't do jack squat on EITHER side of the ball.

This team is in absolute disarray right now, and I don't know what their problem is, but losing two games at home to an 8 seed is embarrassing. Brad might as well put Jackson, Young, and Mickey in the Game 3 starting lineup, because they can't do worse than what we've seen so far.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #809 on: April 18, 2017, 10:34:36 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2931
So many forced shots by IT, the most worthless 20 points ever.  Too many turnovers, too many drives to the paint and getting stuffed.  Our spacing on off is so bad.  IT isn't a player that can put the team on his shoulders in the playoffs.  He is being game planned for by the bulls.

Stop it. You apparently can't critique IT right now (or ever).

That's not what I'm saying. He did force some shots up. You want to know why? Because the next best player that can get their own shot up is Avery Bradley. The entire defense focuses on him and nobody else and he has no other firepower beyond himself to make runs. He's this entire offense and I hope he sits in game 3 and 4 so that the Bulls can beat us by 30 each game.

IT isn't a good defender, but he is not the reason we are losing. If anything he's the only reason beyond Smart that we are even staying in these games.

Man's putting up freaking 25-30 points per game in the playoffs after his sister just died and you still blame him for everything.

Show me where I blamed him for everything. Go ahead. I'll wait.

He was one of the biggest reasons we lost tonight, especially his total lack of doing anything to slow down or stay in front of Rondo, but he certainly wasn't the only reason. Pretty much everyone else other than Smart who played big minutes played pretty terribly, especially defensively. KO and Rozier played okay games, but everyone else was pretty much lackluster.

But I'm not even worried about our offense right now. The offense will come when we actually get stops and fix our D. We're not going to win a game at all this playoffs if we don't fix the D, but I'm just not sure that our guys have the heart to do it anymore.