Author Topic: thought the refs influenced the game  (Read 2333 times)

Re: thought the refs influenced the game
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2017, 07:47:36 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
How about the 3 early fouls on Amir?  The first half was CLEARLY NOT called evenly!!

Smitty77

P.S.  And I totally agree, the technical on IT, especially given the circumstances, might be the WORST playoff technical of all time and he should NEVER be allowed to call another playoff game just based on that call!!!

and weather Amir had 3 fouls or no fouls how big of an impact would he have had? only time I notice him is when he shoots a 3 and I cringe.

he's a nothing player.

« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2017, 07:54:40 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Admittedly, I blame the refs probably more than I should.

Not This time, please!

We did not deserve to win that game. We deserve to eat some humble pie.

The Bulls and Lopez especially wanted that game more.

If you give up 15 offensive rebounds in the first half, you DESERVE to lose that game.

Disgusting.

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2017, 08:04:32 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
we're a one seed and they're an 8 seed. we've been led to believe that despite all our issues we're a great team. it seems the more wins we get in a season and then we lose in the playoffs the more excuses show up.

for a team that has yet to win a playoff series and just lost the 1st game of this yr's playoffs, maybe we should stop making excuses and acknowledge this team isn't as good as their record.

« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2017, 08:11:00 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
they didn't allow that physical  playoff basketball to be played -what happens to kelly is criminal
i'm just saying that was rather wimpy playoff ball-

Refs always influence games. Basketball is probably the easiest game for referees to influence.

« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2017, 08:18:25 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
we're a one seed and they're an 8 seed. we've been led to believe that despite all our issues we're a great team. it seems the more wins we get in a season and then we lose in the playoffs the more excuses show up.

for a team that has yet to win a playoff series and just lost the 1st game of this yr's playoffs, maybe we should stop making excuses and acknowledge this team isn't as good as their record.

Your record is what it is, no such thing as you are not as good as your record.

« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2017, 08:30:50 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
The rebound disparity is what made them lose. Ref's incompetence wouldn't matter if they could at least cut the differential to 10 or less.

« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2017, 08:33:36 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
they didn't allow that physical  playoff basketball to be played -what happens to kelly is criminal

Hard to take you serious when you seem to suggest that refs aren't letting Olynyk play "physical playoff basketball". You make it sound as though he's Laimbeer and the refs are doing him a disservice. He's a skilled player, but equally soft. Poor guy would be on anxiety meds if he had to play the Bad Boys in a series.

TP. I laughed.

What's criminal is Olynyk's abject refusal to rebound. I cannot remember a worse rebounding 7-footer, even the rotting slug that was Patrick O'Bryant.
have to agree.  I can't recall a 7-footer who played so small.  it's like he still thinks he's the same size as when he was a PG. 

« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2017, 09:56:27 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150

Refs always influence games. Basketball is probably the easiest game for referees to influence.

The refs do always influence games.

« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2017, 10:27:40 PM »

Offline RAAAAAAAANDY

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 57

That's really just not the case at all man...

« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2017, 10:31:44 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

That's really just not the case at all man...

Bills Belichick (EDIT: and Parcells) would disagree.

I also think that Stevens especially said this to deflect accountability.

« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2017, 10:33:13 PM »

Offline the TRUTH

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 77
I'll be the first one to claim that we got robbed by the refs against the Cavs in '08 and '10, against the Lakers in '10 and against the Heat in '12. All of those series had the feel that the refs were doing whatever they could to give the other team its best chance to win (and we still managed to win two of those series). But while there were some questionable calls against us Sunday night, I thought the officiating was even enough that it didn't really stick with me as a key factor in the game. This makes me nauseous to say, but the Bulls were the better team on Sunday.