Author Topic: thought the refs influenced the game  (Read 2359 times)

thought the refs influenced the game
« on: April 17, 2017, 02:41:56 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
they didn't allow that physical  playoff basketball to be played -what happens to kelly is criminal
i'm just saying that was rather wimpy playoff ball-

Re: thought the refs influenced the game
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2017, 02:46:30 PM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
It was a poorly officiated game, but not the reason we lost. In fact it was poorly officiated on both ends of the court, it might have been the first time I heard Heinsohn getting frustrated with fouls being called on the opposing team in addition to the Celtics.

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2017, 02:58:45 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
When Butler knocked Crowder down with no call, I knew we were going to lose.

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2017, 03:03:09 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
That ref that called the Technical on Isaiah should be ASHAMED. Weak call to begin with.

What a pos...  >:(
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2017, 03:14:19 PM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
That ref that called the Technical on Isaiah should be ASHAMED. Weak call to begin with.

What a pos...  >:(

yea that really rubbed me the wrong way. Not to mention the next play Butler instigating a fight with Bradley and no recourse.

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2017, 03:22:50 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
they didn't allow that physical  playoff basketball to be played -what happens to kelly is criminal

Hard to take you serious when you seem to suggest that refs aren't letting Olynyk play "physical playoff basketball". You make it sound as though he's Laimbeer and the refs are doing him a disservice. He's a skilled player, but equally soft. Poor guy would be on anxiety meds if he had to play the Bad Boys in a series. 

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2017, 03:34:15 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
I saw at least 3 Chicago traveling plays (Butler dragged his pivot foot about 18 inches--and Wade moved both feet before dribbling), that were not called....plus that phantom foul on IT when he jumped-BUT avoided contact....Refs were blind as bats.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2017, 04:12:05 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336

Hard to take you serious when you seem to suggest that refs aren't letting Olynyk play "physical playoff basketball". You make it sound as though he's Laimbeer and the refs are doing him a disservice. He's a skilled player, but equally soft. Poor guy would be on anxiety meds if he had to play the Bad Boys in a series.

TP. I laughed.

What's criminal is Olynyk's abject refusal to rebound. I cannot remember a worse rebounding 7-footer, even the rotting slug that was Patrick O'Bryant.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2017, 04:39:29 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
It was a poorly officiated game, but not the reason we lost. In fact it was poorly officiated on both ends of the court, it might have been the first time I heard Heinsohn getting frustrated with fouls being called on the opposing team in addition to the Celtics.
Tp
For as many bad calls were got I'd say bulls got a lot as well.  The one guy tommy was picking on was really poor, most of the bad calls were from him

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2017, 04:50:14 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177
Really bad for a preseason game let alone the playoffs. A lot of very bad calls and they definitely effected the out come of a 4 point game.

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2017, 05:31:18 PM »

Offline Darío SpanishFan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
A lot of bad calls, but I can think of 10 basketball reasons that influenced the game more than the referees.

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2017, 06:01:02 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
A lot of bad calls, but I can think of 10 basketball reasons that influenced the game more than the referees.

It was a 4 point game with at least a 6 point swing in bad calls. Including 4 free throws for Zipser!

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2017, 06:08:33 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
we didn't lose because of the refs.

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2017, 06:12:05 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
we didn't lose because of the refs.

...and we didn't lose that regular season game against the Bulls on that last second bad call either even though the NBA admitted that the call was wrong. Some people always blame the refs when The Celtics lose but some people always say " We didn't lose because of the Refs" but sometimes it's the Refs....   :o

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2017, 06:44:46 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
How about the 3 early fouls on Amir?  The first half was CLEARLY NOT called evenly!!

Smitty77

P.S.  And I totally agree, the technical on IT, especially given the circumstances, might be the WORST playoff technical of all time and he should NEVER be allowed to call another playoff game just based on that call!!!